Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Randy Moss To New England

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Good luck Moss, hope we don't have to face ya in the SuperBowl some day.
    I hope we do because if the Vikes make it to the SB before Moss retires I'll be a happy man.
    ;D
    I would actually hope that the Colts beat them out and we play the Colts.
    I hope the Chargers get beat out in the first round also.
    LOL!

All wishful thinking!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Randy Moss has played for two great quarterbacks: Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper. In both cases, Moss lived up to the name "Superfreak" and was incredible and a likely HoF-type wide receiver. Since then, he hasn't been as good.

Now Randy Moss is playing with his third great quarterback: Tom Brady.

Moss's strength is as a role player. He is NOT a good leader, but he is a great role player. Under Tice here in Minnesota and in Oakland, Moss was in a position where he had to assume a leadership role. The diastrous result is predictable in hindsight.

At New England, Moss will be back as a role player. He will not have to be a leader. He can go out, do his thing, be spectacular, and not have to worry about being a role model for younger players, or being the team captain. He can concentrate all his energy on being the amazing wide receiver that he is known to be.

Look out, rest of the NFL. The Patriots will be picking up their fourth set of rings in 2008.

(The Chargers now have Norv Turner, who sucks as a head coach. Forget their chances. The Colts aren't hungry enough to win their second in a row. No one else can compete with the Patriots.)

I hope Randy does get a Super Bowl ring in his career. It's just too bad the Vikings kept Tice all those years and screwed up Moss. Once Randy goes into the HoF, though, that will be the first Viking to go in who played after the Bud Grant era. We can always be proud of that, at least.
    I'm going to have to disagree on the great QB's. Cunningham was clearly on the downfall when Moss was drafted. Why did he look so good? He could chunk the ball deep. Daunte Culpepper? I don't think I need to explain.

The reason Randy was so great early on is that he WAS a superfreak. Too fast, too athletic, greeeeeeeeeeeaaaattt hands.
    Cunningham was on the downfall?

Nope.
    He had one of his best years in '98.
    Didn't he come out of a year or two of retirement to play in 98?

I credit the people around him. I'm 90% sure Ryan Leaf would have been successful with Moss, Carter, Reed, Smith running, and that line in front of him.

Moss never played with great QBs, he just made them look good. Taking men out of the box, leaving all other receivers in guaranteed single coverage, made the play action threat even larger. He makes offenses much much better, I honestly believe the best QB he ever played with was Brad Johnson.

derek is offline Waterboy

I'm just glad that the Pack didn't get him.

I think some of Moss's negatives were definitely overblown when he was with us.   Overnlown & overhyped.  

That said, I also think some of the negative press he got was was deserved.  

In the end though, I was one of those who didn't want him traded away.

As for what he's really capable of at this point, i think its really unclear.   The Oakland team has been SO bad, their O line, their QBs.
    its hard to say what Moss has still got in the tank.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there's something left there though.
    at least enough for another impressive season if not to the Superfreak level.

i think we'll find out this year though.
    The Patriots are obviously a much better team than Oakland, and Brady is obviously the best QB he's played with in quite some time (if not ever). . .
    so we'll see.

honestly, i wish him well, i hope he DOES have a real good year.   when it comes down to it, if i'm honest, I've been a Moss fan since the beginning and i don't think his negatives where ever bigger than his positives.   and in the end.
    like i said.

I'm REALLY just glad he didn't end up in Green & Gold.
    him playing with the Packers would  have been hard to take.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

An unlikely match made-in-heaven.
    MOSS gets his Championship program, and NE gets a game changer!

It should be interesting to see if another ring is in the PATS future.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

crazycw9 is offline Training Camp

New England will be in the Super Bowl.
    All the free agents and the addition of Moss. Hands down
    The question is who will represent the NFC?
    I say Saints

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

"Mr" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Randy Moss has played for two great quarterbacks: Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper. In both cases, Moss lived up to the name "Superfreak" and was incredible and a likely HoF-type wide receiver. Since then, he hasn't been as good.

Now Randy Moss is playing with his third great quarterback: Tom Brady.

Moss's strength is as a role player. He is NOT a good leader, but he is a great role player. Under Tice here in Minnesota and in Oakland, Moss was in a position where he had to assume a leadership role. The diastrous result is predictable in hindsight.

At New England, Moss will be back as a role player. He will not have to be a leader. He can go out, do his thing, be spectacular, and not have to worry about being a role model for younger players, or being the team captain. He can concentrate all his energy on being the amazing wide receiver that he is known to be.

Look out, rest of the NFL. The Patriots will be picking up their fourth set of rings in 2008.

(The Chargers now have Norv Turner, who sucks as a head coach. Forget their chances. The Colts aren't hungry enough to win their second in a row. No one else can compete with the Patriots.)

I hope Randy does get a Super Bowl ring in his career. It's just too bad the Vikings kept Tice all those years and screwed up Moss. Once Randy goes into the HoF, though, that will be the first Viking to go in who played after the Bud Grant era. We can always be proud of that, at least.
    I'm going to have to disagree on the great QB's. Cunningham was clearly on the downfall when Moss was drafted. Why did he look so good? He could chunk the ball deep. Daunte Culpepper? I don't think I need to explain.

The reason Randy was so great early on is that he WAS a superfreak. Too fast, too athletic, greeeeeeeeeeeaaaattt hands.
    Cunningham was on the downfall?

Nope.
    He had one of his best years in '98.
    Didn't he come out of a year or two of retirement to play in 98?

I credit the people around him. I'm 90% sure Ryan Leaf would have been successful with Moss, Carter, Reed, Smith running, and that line in front of him.

Moss never played with great QBs, he just made them look good. Taking men out of the box, leaving all other receivers in guaranteed single coverage, made the play action threat even larger. He makes offenses much much better, I honestly believe the best QB he ever played with was Brad Johnson.

I was going to say that.

Anyways, I don't think Moss can physically dominate the game like people imagine anymore. With his injuries and age, plus his inability to run routes (yes admit it, Randy Moss is a horrible route runner) I don't think he'll resurrect his career like people think.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Do you really think he's gotten worse in 27 games?

He claims to be in the best shape of his career, and is reported to have run a 4.26-4.3 last week.

I saw him run by Champ Bailey several times during one of the Oakland vs Denver games this year, but of course Andrew Walter got sacked.... so if Moss doesn't have his physical ability, that must mean Champ Bailey doesn't either.

I honestly believe he will be just as good as he ever was. I expect more of a 2004 type season though, mostly deep routes.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"crazycw9" wrote:
    I say Saints
    GO SAINTS!!!!!!
    FUCK the PUTZIES!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "crazycw9" wrote:
    I say Saints
    GO SAINTS!!!!!!
    FUCK the PUTZIES!!!!
    I think I'll stick with the vikings.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I mean...is there a point to the regular season now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast