Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Randy Moss headed for the east coast

"singersp" wrote:
    From the Charleston Gazette
    June 20, 2006

[size=18px]Names in the games[/size]

Moss opening his Kanawha City store

Randy Moss will appear at the grand opening of his Inta Juice store, 4002 MacCorkle Ave., from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. The store may begin doling out its 50-plus flavors of fruit-juice smoothies as early as Thursday, Moss agent Tim DiPiero said.

While playing for the Minnesota Vikings, Moss became enamored with Inta Juice’s Eden Prairie, Minn., store, and became a major investor. The company, founded in 1996, also features fresh-squeezed juices and a menu of healthy snacks.

With Moss’ backing, the company has launched an aggressive growth campaign, shooting for 100 franchise agreements in place by the end of the year.

Names in the games
    Open one here in DC, Randy...please!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I still can't believe he's gone. It really is sad.
    The moment he "mooned" lambau was when I knew this guy was extra special (more than a TD catching freak). Unfortunatly it would be one of his last moments as a Viking. Now he wears black. Its horrible.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

I still remember the day he got traded, I was depressed that entire day, my mom couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.

But I've gotten over it, because I'm a Vikings fan, and I will always be loyal.

I will always love Randy Moss and I wish him the best of luck, but when he plays the purple people he has to be CRUSHED! :lol:
    Agreed, as sad as it may be to watch our once beloved hero get walked on by the purple and gold, it needs to be done. He is no longer one of us.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

For you, TNT...

Randy (sung to the song "Sandy" from the Grease soundtrack):

Suckered in the bad trade, branded a bad name,
    what will they say, Sunday at the game?
    Randy, can't you see,
    we're in misery
    Drafted you from the start,
    now the Vikes and you are apart,
    there was nothin' left for us
    Pep was all alone,
    We sit and wonder why-y-y oh why
    you left us, oh Randy

Oh Randy, maybe someday, when this season is done
    Somehow, someway, you and the Vikes will again be one
    In the Dome forever and ever we will be,
    oh please say you'll play, oh
    Randy Randy my hero, you hurt us real bad,
    you know it's true
    But Superfreak, you gotta believe me when I say,
    We were helpless without you
    Pep was all alone, I sit, I wonder why-y-y oh why
    you left us, oh Randy, Randy,
    Randy, why-y-y-y,
    oh Randy
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=18px]One smoothie operation [/size]

Monica Orosz
    Daily Mail staff
    Charleston Daily Mail
    Thursday June 22, 2006

If NFL star and Rand native Randy Moss can persuade his close buddies to try wheat grass juice -- and like it -- then it's a good bet he'll get Charleston consumers to buy more palatable-sounding concoctions such as Berry Berry Blue, Peachy Keen, Groovin' Guava and Kiwi Lime Pie smoothies.

That's what Moss is banking on when his local franchise of Inta Juice opens -- officially today, but with a grand opening celebration on Saturday complete with Moss in person and a crew from ESPN.

This week, his agent, Charleston lawyer Tim DiPiero, and longtime friend, Mark Wright, scurried around to make sure the Kanawha City store was readied for opening. Wright is the store's general manager.

Wright and DiPiero said they're already hooked on the flavorful concoctions dreamed up by a Fort Collins, Colo., family that opened the first Inta Juice store in 1996. The name is intended to be slang for "fruit into juice" and it's a philosophy developed by Heath Pickett, the company's chief operating officer.

The smoothies -- more than 50 kinds and counting -- include blends of fresh fruits and juices whirred into milkshake-consistency drinks. The nutritional content can be boosted by any number of supplements, including vitamin C, calcium, protein powder, oat bran, yogurt, Echinacea, wheat germ, brewer's yeast and ginseng.

The fruits range from the familiar -- banana, strawberry, pineapple -- to the exotic -- passion fruit, guava and acai, a Brazillian fruit that looks like a blueberry.

The adventurous can try vegetable juices made with carrot, celery, cucumber and beet.

And "for those who dare!" says the menu, there's the infamous wheat grass juice, a shot of which is made from actual wheat grass that will be trimmed right from a flat growing in the store. A 1-oz. shot ($1.49) promises to provide the same nutrients found in 2 1/2 pounds of green, leafy vegetables.

"You should have seen Randy's face the first time he tried it," said DiPiero, adding he found it a little hard to get down himself.

Wright said he had a similar reaction, but swears he loves it now and feels his energy lag when he doesn't get his wheat grass fix.

"Randy's sold on wheat grass, too," he said.

Most customers, of course, likely will be drawn to smoothies made with fruits, which will come in 12-, 16-, and 24-ounce sizes, the last called Tsunami Size and run $3 to $4 for the smaller versions.

DiPiero said Moss first tasted an Inta Juice smoothie when he played for the Minnesota Vikings.

"They started supplying the team after games," DiPiero said. Moss fell in love with them and told DiPiero the Inta Juice products were better than other smoothies he'd tasted because they were lighter and healthier.

"Randy won't eat junk food," DiPiero said.

Moss next asked DiPiero to look for opportunities to invest in a franchise in Charleston. DiPiero was skeptical.
    "I said, ‘Randy, I don't know if they'll go for this in Charleston,' " DiPiero said.

But the more he researched the company, the more he became convinced the concept could succeed. The company now has 22 stores, with 13 more soon to open.

"It's family run. They're solid people. We just started believing in them," DiPiero said.

And the enthusiastic Moss, now a wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders, decided to go one better than simply having a store. He became an Inta Juice investor and now serves as vice president of marketing -- a role that has him pitching the concept to athletes around the country.

"This was totally his idea," said DiPiero, who added Moss has shown interest in other investments, but none to this extent. He already has plans for more stores.

The tie-in with a professional athlete is perfect, says Pickett, who hopes athletes will open franchises in their college towns. Moss already has sparked interest in former Vikings defensive end Chuck Wiley, Memphis Grizzlies basketball player Mike Miller and others.

"We're thrilled to have him," Pickett said. Having health-conscious athletes behind the company can only help boost its pitch that the smoothies are a healthy addition to the diet.

This fall, Wright will make a big push with Kanawha Valley schools for Inta Juice's wholesale catering program, which brings smoothies into the schools. Inta Juice has seized an opportunity as schools across the country move to get rid of sugar-laden drinks in vending machines.

Inta Juice offers a program that splits profits with schools, and Pickett said it's been successful.

"We had one school in Minnesota that made over $40,000 -- that was their profit -- in a school year," Pickett said. Cafeteria managers order smoothies, which are prepared and packed into coolers that can keep them frozen for hours.

"You stick the straw in it, and it's the same consistency as if you got it in the store," Pickett said.

Wright, who formerly worked for Appalachian Power Co., was sent to Colorado for extensive training and this week is training his 13 employees with the help of Kendra Frank, Inta Juice's franchise operations manager.

He says they'll soon have the blends memorized and be able to make a smoothie with no waste left in the blender -- the sign of a good smoothie maker.

Inta Juice is located at 4002 MacCorkle Ave. in Kanawha City, in the building that once housed the Carriage House hardware store. Penn Station Subs is located in the same building.

The store opens today. The grand opening is Saturday, and Moss is expected to be at the store at noon. Regular hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. The phone is 925-1887.

Contact writer Monica Orosz at 348-4830.

One smoothie operation

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

good for him since football has to be the shortest career of any profession.

WestVirginiaViking or any other east coast PP.Oer's, "Were any of you there for the grand opening?"

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Nope, now if he was still a Viking, I would have driven down to see him. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Tharock is offline Training Camp

Moss the boss is the man

The next great Safety s! check out there videos!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NcjOf1tjNow&search=stuart%20schweigert
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LxRfcllAV9I&search=michael%20huff

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"Tharock" wrote:
    Moss the boss is the man
    Hate to be a nazi but there is a limit to Sig's here, you're sig is pushing 1MB, it needs to be in the area of 20KB and within the Ranges of 400/150 Width and Length.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast