Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Rams sign Ben Leber

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103896
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103851
    Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1103846
    Leber was one of the most consistantly underated players on our defense who provided veteran leadership to a young LB corps. I wish him well.
    +1

Erin is not EJ & there's a reason Leber started over Erin.

IMO, we downgraded/failed to improve the team yet again at a key position.
    Two solid points there my friends. Problem is, you have to trust the coaching staff and FO pukes at some point (even though I'm not sure I do atleast on offense).

Ben, although solid, did have his issues. Lets hope that the coaches agreed on this move and moved on to a player that will make us better regardless of what us fans think.
    Make us better? No. POtentially better in the long run? Yes. I'm sure that's what they're shooting for.

There comes a time when you have to let decent vets go and go with youth, However, you're lying to yourself if you believe Erin is better than Leber was for us right now.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103897
    Leber was one of the most consistantly underated players on our defense who provided veteran leadership to a young LB corps. I wish him well.
    +1

Two solid points there my friends. Problem is, you have to trust the coaching staff and FO pukes at some point (even though I'm not sure I do atleast on offense).

Ben, although solid, did have his issues. Lets hope that the coaches agreed on this move and moved on to a player that will make us better regardless of what us fans think.
    Make us better? No. POtentially better in the long run? Yes. I'm sure that's what they're shooting for.

There comes a time when you have to let decent vets go and go with youth, However, you're lying to yourself if you believe Erin is better than Leber was for us right now.
    Lying to myself? What does my opinion (or yours for that matter) have to do with it.

The coaches and FO pukes seem to think it is the right move. In essence you are disagreeing with them, not me.

All I'm saying is I hope they are right. As always, well, you know......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103917
    +1

Lying to myself? What does my opinion (or yours for that matter) have to do with it.

The coaches and FO pukes seem to think it is the right move. In essence you are disagreeing with them, not me.

As usual you missed the point completely. I never said it's not the right move. I'm just saying it's a downgrade at this point in time. They obviously think that given time, Erin, or somebody else can fill in and make us forget about Leber, but they want to get him playing.

The Staff knows that you are never going to upgrade every single position every time. There is and will always be a dropoff at some positions when you let vets go and bring in youth. The thing that matters is how long it takes for that drop off to even out or become an improvement.

I think it will take some time. hopefully, no longer than this season. If we can get Erin or Brinkley playing the position at a higher level than Leber in a season or two, I'll consider that a success. If they stay at their current ability, it is a downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103927
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103917
    +1

As usual you missed the point completely. I never said it's not the right move. I'm just saying it's a downgrade at this point in time. They obviously think that given time, Erin, or somebody else can fill in and make us forget about Leber, but they want to get him playing.

The Staff knows that you are never going to upgrade every single position every time. There is and will always be a dropoff at some positions when you let vets go and bring in youth. The thing that matters is how long it takes for that drop off to even out or become an improvement.

I think it will take some time. hopefully, no longer than this season. If we can get Erin or Brinkley playing the position at a higher level than Leber in a season or two, I'll consider that a success. If they stay at their current ability, it is a downgrade.
    No, I, unlike you, don't miss the point. You called me a liar. I said I wasn't and explained why. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Meh.. if he had any inclination to stay here then he would have. Im not overly sad to see him go, chance for one of the younger guys to get reps and see what they can do.

TNViking is offline Starter

I'll miss Leber. He was a very solid player. I was hoping he might just sneak through and we'd get to keep him cheap. He'll get the million plus he deserves now, at least.

And how can you not like a guy whose name is "Rebel" spelled backwards.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104250
    Meh.. if he had any inclination to stay here then he would have. Im not overly sad to see him go, chance for one of the younger guys to get reps and see what they can do.
    And exactly how did you expect him to stay here?

He had every desire to stay here, but the Vikings didn't want to sign him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Look who lead the team, and by a significant amount.
    Defense Statistics
    Player Comb Total Assist
    Erin Henderson 10 7 3

Looks like we won't miss Ben as much as some think.

Cat was every place and was the primary reason the runs to that side weren't bigger than they could have been.

Nice dig. ^
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12