Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Rams seek permission to interview Ferraro

It wouldn't bother me if Ferraro left.
    The coverage teams for both KO and punts needed a lot of work the entire season.
    The lack of consistency was a huge problem.
    Only when we put our starters in on the coverage teams did we improve from a fans standpoint.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    There's only so much a special teams coach can do about a lack of ability to tackle which was the case a lot. But yeah, he'd be no big loss.
    Thank you. Interesting how someone sees something in this guy. I don't think he is the problem and I guess someone in a real NFL office agrees.
    So you two contend that guys like Griff, Chad, Sharp, Whinny etc can't tackle?
    Seems they do pretty well when they are playing defense.

Seriously, it comes down to the fact that our coverage unit are running down thier respective lanes, fighting off blockers to get to a spot.
    When they get to that spot and the cat isn't there cause the ball was kicked someplace else, its a bit late to set up a nice tackle......

That gets back to coaching (and the kicker). Again, you could keep saying it is the coverage unit but that wouldn't explain why starters on defense who are good tacklers can't seem to tackle a returner..... :
    Those guys came in later in the year. Guess what we got better but I guess it is Ferraros fault.
    :

How the hell do you know where the ball was supposed to be kicked??????!!!!!! LOL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    There's only so much a special teams coach can do about a lack of ability to tackle which was the case a lot. But yeah, he'd be no big loss.
    Thank you. Interesting how someone sees something in this guy. I don't think he is the problem and I guess someone in a real NFL office agrees.

Seriously, it comes down to the fact that our coverage unit are running down thier respective lanes, fighting off blockers to get to a spot.
    When they get to that spot and the cat isn't there cause the ball was kicked someplace else, its a bit late to set up a nice tackle......

That gets back to coaching (and the kicker). Again, you could keep saying it is the coverage unit but that wouldn't explain why starters on defense who are good tacklers can't seem to tackle a returner..... :
    Those guys came in later in the year. Guess what we got better but I guess it is Ferraros fault.
    :

How the hell do you know where the ball was supposed to be kicked??????!!!!!! LOL
    Assuming that our coaches were following basic football 101 (kick it outside the hash/out of bounds), any yutz would be left scratching his head why we seemed to kick the ball to the middle of the field all the time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

:

Assuming that our coaches were following basic football 101 (kick it outside the hash/out of bounds), any yutz would be left scratching his head why we seemed to kick the ball to the middle of the field all the time.
    Funny in JS i was always told to punt to the middle of the field. Most punts and kick returns are attributed to kicks to one side of the field giving the returner the space needed to make moves to the far side of the field.

Also, I don't believe Klue/ longwell were to blame. Our special teams have usally been solid and we lost 4 -5 starters from those units. Everyone else that played were patchwork players.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Tad7 link=topic=50285.msg900365#msg900365 date=1232588707]

:

Funny in JS i was always told to punt to the middle of the field. Most punts and kick returns are attributed to kicks to one side of the field giving the returner the space needed to make moves to the far side of the field.

Also, I don't believe Klue/ longwell were to blame. Our special teams have usally been solid and we lost 4 -5 starters from those units. Everyone else that played were patchwork players.
    [/quote]
    That would make sense.
    Do you think you had the foot/accuracy to get it to the sideline and out of bounds without sacrificing some distance?

As to the Kickers.....I don't only blame them, I blame the coaching staff the most (Seems the Staff did as well), followed by the kickers and then the coverage unit......

For this discussion, I am picking on the kickers because it cycles a couple of cats up when I do and it makes a long slow Friday go by faster..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:

[/quote]

There you go. Real life football proof. Give it up Marrdro.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50285.msg900554#msg900554 date=1232636192]

:

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Although I wasn't the Punter, I had some time on ST's as our PR/KR. KR usually took it from the middle of the field as that is the norm to kick it.
    Center and deep as you can get it.
    PR, I usually fielded them outside the hash.
    Intent is to tie a guy to one side of the field which limits the lanes he can return on.

Again, football 101.
    Punt outside the hash/out of bounds.
    Not down the middle.....

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50285.msg900728#msg900728 date=1232655124]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50285.msg900554#msg900554 date=1232636192]

:

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Although I wasn't the Punter, I had some time on ST's as our PR/KR. KR usually took it from the middle of the field as that is the norm to kick it.
    Center and deep as you can get it.
    PR, I usually fielded them outside the hash.
    Intent is to tie a guy to one side of the field which limits the lanes he can return on.

Again, football 101.
    Punt outside the hash/out of bounds.
    Not down the middle.....
    [/quote]

No Marrdro 101. Not the same as reality.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

Just glad he is gone.
    I hope we get someone that will take us into the top 5 at least

never in my wildest dreams did i think that frazier would still be here and some 1 would have signed our ST coach . just funny in my eyes

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456