Thread: Rams get Rice

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Rams get Rice

[size=13pt]RAMS GET RICE [/size]

Friday, August 31, 2007
    11:33 am

RICE A RAM
    hadleyonsports.com

According to my sources the Rams and Simeon Rice are dotting the “I’s†and crossing the “T’s.† ...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Rams get Rice

good for them.I dont think anyone on this board really wanted rice in the first place.He an older athlete and if im correct
    he had only 2 sacks last yea.I think he rotation we have now will be fine

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

good for the rams
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Rice got rammed would have been a bettertopic title
    We're bringing purple back.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    good for them.I dont think anyone on this board really wanted rice in the first place.He an older athlete and if im correct
    he had only 2 sacks last yea.I think he rotation we have now will be fine
    We already have 4 defensive ends that are better than Rice.
    The Rams must be desperate to sign him.
    I do think alot of the defensive players we have to cut will get picked up somewhere else.
    They cannot wait to see our waiver wire.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I can go get a quote from a thread as recent as last week from one of my favorite posters who still wants him.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I can go get a quote from a thread as recent as last week from one of my favorite posters who still wants him.
    ;D

I think that was me. Marrdro, was it?
    Rice is a former pro bowler who I thought could have been the missing piece in our defense. Because the only thing that didnt make our defense a top 5 or even 3 was the pass rush. Because we have the "Williams Wall"
    but then we have the "Weak End Warriors" (weak ends as in weak d-ends and Weakend warriors as in the warriors on the weekends. And its a term the marines use to describe the army reserves).

And I thought that he was a risk that could reward well. 2 sacks coming off of injury is better then 0 sacks in perfect health. And his year this year could be good and I stand by that.

But I think not as recent as last week could you find my post. Because when I saw our first game against the Rams and saw Ray Edwards step up and surprise me and Robinson even more so surprise me. (Liking that pick) and those being our backups with James back and healthy I quickly changed my mind. I didnt comment on there and felt his aquirement would not be needed.

I do however can say good job for the rams. Thats a pretty good d-line. Leonard Little is a top d-end with Rice on the otherside. Old but good. Then they got the beast young Adam Carriker.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    Phew... thought I said something else stupid that I didn't remember for a second.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Phew... thought I said something else stupid that I didn't remember for a second.
    Naw, I don't think you did, but when you do, we'll remind you of it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I think that was me. Marrdro, was it?
    Rice is a former pro bowler who I thought could have been the missing piece in our defense. Because the only thing that didnt make our defense a top 5 or even 3 was the pass rush. Because we have the "Williams Wall"
    but then we have the "Weak End Warriors" (weak ends as in weak d-ends and Weakend warriors as in the warriors on the weekends. And its a term the marines use to describe the army reserves).

And I thought that he was a risk that could reward well. 2 sacks coming off of injury is better then 0 sacks in perfect health. And his year this year could be good and I stand by that.

But I think not as recent as last week could you find my post. Because when I saw our first game against the Rams and saw Ray Edwards step up and surprise me and Robinson even more so surprise me. (Liking that pick) and those being our backups with James back and healthy I quickly changed my mind. I didnt comment on there and felt his aquirement would not be needed.

I do however can say good job for the rams. Thats a pretty good d-line. Leonard Little is a top d-end with Rice on the otherside. Old but good. Then they got the beast young Adam Carriker.
    PHOD,
    Although you do fall into the catagory as one of my favorite posters, it twas not you my friend.
    ;D

Easy to find out, go to advanced search, plug in simeon rice and you will see.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast