Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Rams fire Linehan; Haslett takes over as HC

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3615358

ST. LOUIS -- The winless St. Louis Rams fired coach Scott Linehan on Monday, the day after a fourth straight lopsided loss to start the season.

Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett will replace Linehan on an interim basis. The Rams scheduled a news conference for 1 p.m. ET Monday.

"I have enormous respect for Scott Linehan as a person and believe under the right circumstances he will be regarded one day as a fine head coach," owner Chip Rosenbloom said in a release. "Unfortunately, the situation with the Rams as they exist today is no longer acceptable and we have to make a change."
    Retired 12/21/08

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Rams fire Linehan; Haslett takes over as HC

*patiently waits for Wilf to read this and do the same.....

douginc is offline Starter

*impatiently waits for Wilf to read this and do the same.......(except with Bill C. instead of Haslett)

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"douginc" wrote:
    *impatiently waits for Wilf to read this and do the same.......(except with Bill C. instead of Haslett)

I could be wrong, but wouldn't Cowher have to wait untill his contract is up with fox or wherever he is?
    I honestly can't see Cowher coming here at all, even if he was sitting at home with nothing to do.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Wilf doesn't have the guts to be honest. He doesn't know enough about football, therefore thinks Childress is doing the best job that anyone could do. As much as I hated Red McCombs, he would not have let this go on for this long. The same goes for Jerry Jones. As much as I hate the guy for his ethics and ways, I have respect for him at the same time because he cares for his team and does whatever is in his power to make them a contender (ex: Going out and getting Terell Owens, and Pacman Jones on a risk. Also, hiring Wade Phillips). I'm not saying we should go out and get the next degenerate superstar that comes around, but we should think about some pickups and or trades that would benefit the team. And Childress just has to go. Until one or both of those things happen, we will be a 8-8 team at best. Hopefully Zygi realizes this, and becomes the great owner that we all know he can be. He obviously cares about his team a great amount, but has yet to figure out that it isn't all about being the nice guy. He has to take some initiative if he wants this team to succeed in the future. Scott Linehan was a key part of the Vikings organization when he was here. I would love having him back in Minnesota, as Offensive Coordinator or Head Coach. I would be absolutely thrilled either way. I think Zygi should give him a chance, but as I said before, I don't believe there is any way that Childress if fired in the middle of the season, if at all this year or this upcoming offseason.
    Retired 12/21/08

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OK, laugh at me all you want, but I wouldn't mind seeing Linehan back in Minnesota as the HC.
    I think that the problems in ST Louis go a lot deeper than the HC, and Linehan did very well as an OC.

OK, feel free to ridicule me now...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, laugh at me all you want, but I wouldn't mind seeing Linehan back in Minnesota as the HC.
    I think that the problems in ST Louis go a lot deeper than the HC, and Linehan did very well as an OC.

I won't laugh at that statement.
    I'de welcome Linehan myself, if the change came to the triangular table...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Ridicule you? How about a high five?

Linehan was the man here. Bring him back Zyg.
    Retired 12/21/08

Blog Entries

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Wilf doesn't have the guts to be honest. He doesn't know enough about football, therefore thinks Childress is doing the best job that anyone could do. As much as I hated Red McCombs, he would not have let this go on for this long. The same goes for Jerry Jones. As much as I hate the guy for his ethics and ways, I have respect for him at the same time because he cares for his team and does whatever is in his power to make them a contender (ex: Going out and getting Terell Owens, and Pacman Jones on a risk. Also, hiring Wade Phillips). I'm not saying we should go out and get the next degenerate superstar that comes around, but we should think about some pickups and or trades that would benefit the team. And Childress just has to go. Until one or both of those things happen, we will be a 8-8 team at best. Hopefully Zygi realizes this, and becomes the great owner that we all know he can be. He obviously cares about his team a great amount, but has yet to figure out that it isn't all about being the nice guy. He has to take some initiative if he wants this team to succeed in the future. Scott Linehan was a key part of the Vikings organization when he was here. I would love having him back in Minnesota, as Offensive Coordinator or Head Coach. I would be absolutely thrilled either way. I think Zygi should give him a chance, but as I said before, I don't believe there is any way that Childress if fired in the middle of the season, if at all this year or this upcoming offseason.
    You are talking out of you ass here.
    Wilf had the guts to fire Tice after a 9-7 season (OK, didn't renew his contract, whatever).
    He brought in Childress, and is giving him a few years, like any owner would and should.
    I doubt that Childress will be here after this year unless we somehow make a decent run at the playoffs.

Earlier this year Wilf said that Childress's job security was not tied to whether or not we make the playoffs.
    Many took that to mean that Childress might still have a job if we don't make the playoffs.
    I take it to mean that Childress might not have a job even if we DO make the playoffs.
    Wilf wants a stadium and a team that is making money.
    With this legislative season looking like the best one so far to push a stadium through, I strongly believe that he will do whatever he needs to do to generate excitement if the public is not behind the Vikings.
    Cleaning house is a pretty good way to generate excitement.

Wilf is a business man for Jersey.
    Pretty sure he knows that it takes more than just being anice guy to get the job done.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Ridicule you? How about a high five?

Linehan was the man here. Bring him back Zyg.
    He was pretty good in Miami too.
    I really think he could be good given the right team.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast