Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rams-Chavous

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rams-Chavous

Hmmmmm, now that I think about it, Rams have gotten a couple of our players in the past 2 years: Claiborne, Chavous, and Moe Williams.
    and now Scott Linehan

but yea, i liked chavous, but im really happy w/ our secondary as is

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"darkflood" wrote:

you gotta do some thinking dude, moves like that dont have anything to do with smith as a football player..they cut smith because they needed to free up money to sign reggie bush, and they got into financial trouble after they signed brees to his monster deal..they might have to cut some more people judging by the way negotiations are going right now on his contract

Sorry I didn't do some thinking... Purely a personal call. That's why I asked if it was just me. I like Chavous, I think Chavous would do good in any system, even if he's older. I guess "opinions" ( check out the definition ) aren't allowed and you didn't read the original post. Notice I said "think", and according to the reports from camp, the rookies are doing better. Notice there's no mention of Smith except for he's replacing Tank Williams???

I think some peoples memories are a be short, Cory said he was leaving and he wasn't going to resign here the same with Brain, and Brian was a bigger loss then Cory was!
    Cory was good, but he was not great!

The Vikes signed Tank to replace him and he got hurt, that is the way it goes and the Vikes could have not foreseen his injury so you live with who you have and you play the season.
    I think that Smith will be fine, and we have Offord and Blue to back them up so I am not that worried about it.
    I am moving on, not living in the past.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

blues a tank!

(pun intended)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"darkflood" wrote:
    My point I guess is that Corey was a proven commodity, and now Tank is out and Smith got cut from another team. Not that that means anything necessarily, but if he was a good safety in ANY system, why would he be cut?

Because he didn't fit in the new defense with NO.. Dwight Smith is made for the Cover 2 system that we now have.. He and Tomlin were together in Tampa, and they have a great working relationship.. Dwight Smith was a great pickup, that will jump right in on defense.. Remember, he not only won a SB in this system, he had 2 picks in that game..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123