Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rams-Chavous

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Rams-Chavous

"darkflood" wrote:
    My point I guess is that Corey was a proven commodity, and now Tank is out and Smith got cut from another team. Not that that means anything necessarily, but if he was a good safety in ANY system, why would he be cut?
    you gotta do some thinking dude, moves like that dont have anything to do with smith as a football player..they cut smith because they needed to free up money to sign reggie bush, and they got into financial trouble after they signed brees to his monster deal..they might have to cut some more people judging by the way negotiations are going right now on his contract
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"olson_10" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    My point I guess is that Corey was a proven commodity, and now Tank is out and Smith got cut from another team. Not that that means anything necessarily, but if he was a good safety in ANY system, why would he be cut?
    you gotta do some thinking dude, moves like that dont have anything to do with smith as a football player..they cut smith because they needed to free up money to sign reggie bush, and they got into financial trouble after they signed brees to his monster deal..they might have to cut some more people judging by the way negotiations are going right now on his contract

Yes Dwight Smith was cut, but it wasnt becuz of his skills.The new coaching staff in N.O. didnt feel Smith fit into thier new scheme and when noone wanted to trade for him (due to his large contract) they had no choice but to cut thier loses and release him.Smith is a play maker...hes gonna be the guy who gets those INT's when thier most needed.Signs of greatness from this coaching staff are being shown with thier knowledge of having depth at every position.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

twill is offline Starter

chavous was a very good saftey. im gonna miss him. he was my favorite player on defense. i did so good with him in madden!

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

"darkflood" wrote:
    I don't think it gets much more proven than a Super Bowl ring and two INT returns for TDs in said Superbowl.
    BTW, nice quote in your sig :lol:
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

darkflood is offline Starter

"olson_10" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    Sorry I didn't do some thinking... Purely a personal call. That's why I asked if it was just me. I like Chavous, I think Chavous would do good in any system, even if he's older. I guess "opinions" ( check out the definition ) aren't allowed and you didn't read the original post. Notice I said "think", and according to the reports from camp, the rookies are doing better. Notice there's no mention of Smith except for he's replacing Tank Williams???
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:

Yes Dwight Smith was cut, but it wasnt becuz of his skills.The new coaching staff in N.O. didnt feel Smith fit into thier new scheme and when noone wanted to trade for him (due to his large contract) they had no choice but to cut thier loses and release him.Smith is a play maker...hes gonna be the guy who gets those INT's when thier most needed.Signs of greatness from this coaching staff are being shown with thier knowledge of having depth at every position.
    i think the release of smith is similar to the packers release of sharper.

"magicci" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:

i think the release of smith is similar to the packers release of sharper.
    exactly..and we all know how that turned out for us!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"darkflood" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    Sorry I didn't do some thinking... Purely a personal call. That's why I asked if it was just me. I like Chavous, I think Chavous would do good in any system, even if he's older. I guess "opinions" ( check out the definition ) aren't allowed and you didn't read the original post. Notice I said "think", and according to the reports from camp, the rookies are doing better. Notice there's no mention of Smith except for he's replacing Tank Williams???
    it wasnt an insult so im not sure why you took it that way..i simply said that you have to think about other factors..you say that corey is the proven commodity and then pass off a super bowl champion with 2 INT TDs in that game..theres nothing wrong with your opinion, just the fact that you completely ignored anything smith has ever done when failing to mention that he is also a proven commodity..i have no problem with your opinion, nor did i intend to insult you, im just wondering why you passed off the other guys when one of them has already proven a ton more than chavous ever has or will..u just gotta think about non football things being a factor in players leaving teams

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

It is sad seeing my boy Chavous in another uni. :'( But what are you going to do. It is a business afterall. I just still wish we had him.

How about all pro Moe! He was woopin some a$$ out there.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"oddmanout22287" wrote:

I don't think it gets much more proven than a Super Bowl ring and two INT returns for TDs in said Superbowl.
    BTW, nice quote in your sig
    :lol:
    didn't larry brown(who?) get two picks in a super bowl and turn it into big money the next year. never to be heard from again.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast