Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Raiders waive WR Mike Williams

"Frostbite" wrote:
    There was an article in the local paper here about this guy and what really happened in Oakland. He got into a shouting match with Owner Al Davis and Coaches. The piece did not go into detail as to what was exactly said by either side but right after the incident he was released.

It's never a good idea to take on the owner verbally. Don't know much about the kid....Maybe the yelling was justified knowing Al Davis the way I do.

Could he help us?? Probably. A lot of factors would have to be weighed I think.

Cheers!
    I think I know what was said:

Al Davis: Catch the damn ball!
    Mike Williams: NO!!
    The fact is, this guy is not good.
    He can't get open, he can't catch, and all the reports are that he's not a hard worker.
    Good luck to him trying to get his career back together, but I'd prefer if he tried to do it somewhere else.

"Marrdro]Seems" wrote:
    (hard to judge our recievers when they don't see to many throws)[/b].
    Really?
    I know you watch the games - I've read your other posts.
    Our receivers are not good.
    Yeah, the QBs haven't helped them out too much and the number of throws is limited, but how many balls need to bounce off their numbers before we can accept that they are either not playing well or are just plain bad.

This link has been posted before, but has interesting stats for WRs: link

If you want to find our receivers, look towards the bottom of the lists.
    Don't know that it really addresses your issue with the QB, though.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    There was an article in the local paper here about this guy and what really happened in Oakland. He got into a shouting match with Owner Al Davis and Coaches. The piece did not go into detail as to what was exactly said by either side but right after the incident he was released.

It's never a good idea to take on the owner verbally. Don't know much about the kid....Maybe the yelling was justified knowing Al Davis the way I do.

Could he help us?? Probably. A lot of factors would have to be weighed I think.

Cheers!
    I think I know what was said:

Al Davis: Catch the gol 'darnit ball!
    Mike Williams: NO!!
    The fact is, this guy is not good.
    He can't get open, he can't catch, and all the reports are that he's not a hard worker.
    Good luck to him trying to get his career back together, but I'd prefer if he tried to do it somewhere else.

"Marrdro]Seems" wrote:
    (hard to judge our recievers when they don't see to many throws)[/b].
    Really?
    I know you watch the games - I've read your other posts.
    Our receivers are not good.
    Yeah, the QBs haven't helped them out too much and the number of throws is limited, but how many balls need to bounce off their numbers before we can accept that they are either not playing well or are just plain bad.

This link has been posted before, but has interesting stats for WRs: link

If you want to find our receivers, look towards the bottom of the lists.
    Don't know that it really addresses your issue with the QB, though.
    Very interesting link.
    I've never seen it before. Thanks.

Did you notice how crafty I was to leave a loophole
    just maybe WR
    in my point.
    ;D

Look, I'm not calling them Moss, Carter and Reed but I do believe they could/would catch more balls if a better QB was throwing the ball to them.

Old Cliche' of "if it hits them in the hands they should catch it" applies, and they should have more catches, however, under the present circumstances, I put B-wade and Fergy ahead of Williams (Not T-will) right now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Just Say NO! It is true that whenever there is a drop a bunch of people on here say lets get him. There was a reason he was dropped. He sucks, If he was decent they wouldnt have dropped him, also the Lions wouldnt have dropped him. He is one of those players that was a high draft pick that will be OOF (out of football) before 5 years.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

"gr8vike" wrote:
    Just Say NO! It is true that whenever there is a drop a bunch of people on here say lets get him. There was a reason he was dropped. He sucks, If he was decent they wouldnt have dropped him, also the Lions wouldnt have dropped him. He is one of those players that was a high draft pick that will be OOF (out of football) before 5 years.
    He actually was traded by the Lions on draft day, he wasn't cut or "dropped" by them.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

We would be his third team, and everyone knows that the third time is a charm!
    Let's do it!
    Seriously, for the veteran minimum, lets give him a shot and a Chiller attitude adjustment.
    At least we know he can catch the ball and could be a red-zone threat.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"getyourrollon!" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    He actually was traded by the Lions on draft day, he wasn't cut or "dropped" by them.
    I'm not advocating for getting him or not but let me throw something in here.
    The Lions traded him because he was expendable.
    They have a great group of WRs and traded McGown and Williams.
    To be honest I don't remember what they traded for but they traded him because he was expendable.
    No one said he sucked and he wasn't released.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "getyourrollon!" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    To be honest I don't remember what they traded for but they traded him because he was expendable.
    Very good points my friend.

Quick question though.
    With the rationale in mind that we are trying to let the kids play as much as possible, who do you sit?

T-will
    Wade
    Fergy
    Rice
    Allison
    Williams

With the thought in the back of your head whoever we let go is not gonna clear waivers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "getyourrollon!" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    Very good points my friend.

Quick question though.
    With the rationale in mind that we are trying to let the kids play as much as possible, who do you sit?

T-will
    Wade
    Fergy
    Rice
    Allison
    Williams

With the thought in the back of your head whoever we let go is not gonna clear waivers.
    Without a doubt Fergy.
    I would really like to see Allsion and Rice in there more.
    Fergy has done nothing but make about 1 catch so far.

tdunc is offline Rookie

yeah i would definately like to see what alisson can do..

if i remember hearing correctly.. he was lighting it up in training camp

ifs hes that good put him in and see what he can do

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Remember, the Lions traded him because he wasn't good enough and didn't have the right work ethic. So he gets sent back to his old college coach who "groomed" him and he still can get motivated. What makes you think Childress will motivate him when he can't do that to the receivers he already has?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast