Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Raiders waive WR Mike Williams

I almost cried when we passed this guy up in the first round of the draft. Now he has just failed with his second straight team. I know this guys potential is ridiculous, but will he ever live up? And with this terrible receiver corps, is he worth the pick up?
    Retired 12/21/08

Re: Raiders waive WR Mike Williams

I think he would be worth a pickup. The guy has potential and what do we have to lose we have no chance at making the playoffs...unless we sign Jeff George ;D.

If we get him we could have both of the bust recievers in that draft...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I would like to believe in him, but he must just be an attitude problem.

He must lack work ethic.

He must be happy with the money he has already pocketed.

He isn't a number one and may not even be a number 2, so our stable would be full of No. 2 1/2 WRs.

I wish he could help us out.
    We need some help
    :'(

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Let's get him...NOT!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Frostbite is offline Coach

There was an article in the local paper here about this guy and what really happened in Oakland. He got into a shouting match with Owner Al Davis and Coaches. The piece did not go into detail as to what was exactly said by either side but right after the incident he was released.

It's never a good idea to take on the owner verbally. Don't know much about the kid....Maybe the yelling was justified knowing Al Davis the way I do.

Could he help us?? Probably. A lot of factors would have to be weighed I think.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

I think he is worth a shot. But we all know how Childress likes WRs with character issues.
    Retired 12/21/08

I dont know why we ever get our hopes up when someone is cut or there is a good free agent avalible.....They never do anything, they are just content with losing and dont try to change things up.

We are never going to get Chad Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald or Derek Anderson...just because of this idiotic management and a stuck up coach who cant admit a mistake.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

If the Raiders dropped him, there really must be something wrong with the guy.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If the Raiders dropped him, there really must be something wrong with the guy.
    Well put!
    LOL!

Wasn't he slow coming out of College and everyone said he would make up for it with his size and route running ability?
    I don't think he over came it.
    What ever physical ability he might be lacking, he seems to be lacking desire in addition.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    I dont know why we ever get our hopes up when someone is cut or there is a good free agent avalible.....They never do anything, they are just content with losing and dont try to change things up.

We are never going to get Chad Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald or Derek Anderson...just because of this idiotic management and a stuck up coach who cant admit a mistake.
    Seems like anyone/everyone who gets released is a good pick up in most posters eyes. I just don't get it. Just look at the Panthers. They chose to start Vinny instead of Carr (everyone wanted this guy). What the hell is wrong with Carr? He was able to start, but couldn't beat out a 40yr old that just signed off the street.

Chad Johnson wouldn't do much with the QBs we have now (don't even mention Jeff George).
    Larry Fitzgerald. Why does everyone think that the Cardinals want to get rid of him?
    Derek Anderson would be a good pick-up (depending on how he does the rest of the season). However, it would cost wayyyyy too much for him (first and a third).

I just don't get the "idiotic management and stuck up coach who can't admit a mistake". It seems like these mistakes would multiply if every "fan" led this team.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast