Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Raiders | Team agrees to terms with Brooks

"KJ" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    I personally wouldn't be too excited if we got Cutler. A late riser on draft boards, who went to Vanderbilt. There has to be a reason why the guy went to Vanderbilt.
    Yeah, just like there was a reason Jerry Rice went to Mississippi Valley State...oops :shock:

Vanderbilt, as bad as they've been, still plays top-notch competition in the SEC. Don't forget that.
    When I think of late draft board risers that you didn't hear much about when they were in college, unless you went to the college for which they'd played, I think of Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, guys like that. I can't say for sure he'll be a bust or the next Joe Montana, but I just don't like the potential based on what I know about him at this point.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Good job Radiers!!!!!

Why Cutler?????

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Thats cool. I wanted us to geth him though. Hopefully him and Randy can do some good things together.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

NO, NO, NO...besides you have CUTLER in your sig...WTF???
    its because i am employing the scattershot effect more comenly known as shotgun effect. basically im hoping for any of the big 3 and omar jacobs and charlie white hurst that way i have a higher chance of not being dissapointed.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"mr.woo" wrote:
    this means young could drop to us. yes yes yes
    Wow...thats a huge stretch.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    This is great news, Tennesse drafts leinhart, Arizona drafts Vince Young, and we gte Cutler
    i don't know why arizona would draft VY, they don't really have a need to draft a QB in the first round IMO.

I WANT VINCE YOUNG IN MINNESOTA!!!!
    this guys got all the signs IMO of being a franchise QB. BJ's only got a couple years left in him. trade with NO to get that #2 pick and draft young!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

You guys are underestimating the teams that have a decent chance at drafting a QB. Houston, Tennessee, NYJ, Oakland, Buffalo, Detroit, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Baltimore all ave questions at the QB position and all would have a hard time passing on the big 3 if they drop.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Houston restructered Carr's contract, Tennessee does need a QB, Jets dont need a QB they have bigger holes to fill, Oakland just signed Brooks so they could draft some defense, Detroit signed two Quality Vets, Arizona resigned Warner, possibly could draft a QB, St Louis has bulger and much bigger needs then a QB, Cleveland also could use a QB, but they have ALOT of holes. So basically there is about 3 teams ahead of us, If we sign Tank and Dquincey, I really see us moving up and getting either Linehart or Cutler.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I would rather not see us move up in the draft by using our picks to trade up, i would rather see a runningback and a reciever and a pick go then a bunch of picks.

But i hope we dont try to move up unless we target Aj Hawk, there will be good quarterbacks left to choose one in the second round. And one of the three will end up dropping close to us if not to us but it wont be Lienart or Cutler. Still would rather see us take a linebacker at the 17th spot.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Houston restructered Carr's contract, Tennessee does need a QB, Jets dont need a QB they have bigger holes to fill, Oakland just signed Brooks so they could draft some defense, Detroit signed two Quality Vets, Arizona resigned Warner, possibly could draft a QB, St Louis has bulger and much bigger needs then a QB, Cleveland also could use a QB, but they have ALOT of holes. So basically there is about 3 teams ahead of us, If we sign Tank and Dquincey, I really see us moving up and getting either Linehart or Cutler.
    Im just saying that we cannot assume that teams won't draft a QB (which all appear to have lots of potential and could have gone #1 overall last year) just because it "appears" that they are happy with who they have. Houston could vary well trade down and pick up Vince. Jets don't appear to be happy with Pennington and would be idiots to hedge their bets on Ramsay. Detroit could still go with the "quarterback of the future", even if he doesn't start this year or next. Arizona could do the same, and groom someone behind Warner this year. Bulger is coming of a serious injury and Fitzpatrick didn't show a whole lot last year besides one game.

All I'm saying is that the BIG 3 qbs are all excellent propects and could lead many teams to draft the "best player available" rather than for need.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12