Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

"singersp" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=zindulee link=topic=33448.msg567901#msg567901 date=1177252197]
    He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    I totally agree with you and since the Vikes moves have defied logic this off-season, that means he'll be on the Vikes by the end of the week.

:
    What logic have the Vikes defied?
    Not overspending on mediocre FAs while at the same time bringing in young talent seems pretty logical to me.
    They've defied the "logic" of: 1. bringing in free agents who walk off the field before the game ends, bump traffic cops, or hold wild boat parties with strippers, or 2. trade for players who request a larger bonus payment but who do not report for physcial examinations and rehabilitation treatments, and who do not report for face to face meetings with the head coach, or 3. hiring head coaches who scalp tickets, which in itself is not a unique problem, but who later admit to it while still 'on the record', or 4. allowing players to malinger after being injured and complain to the press if they are benched, or 5. spending money on aging players whose performance has been declining rapidly.

;D
    Pardon my expression, but didn't they just give McKinnie & K-Will a boat load of money to resign?

Daunte got a lap dance & Smoot did his thing to a stripper with a dildo, but it was McKinnie who was McFeasting on muff pie.

Everyone bad mouths Smoot & Culpepper for the boat thing, but I have only seen 1 or 2 members bad mouth McKinnie for it.

What members here do more often than not, is ignore or minimize the wrong doing of players the like & critisize & condemn player they dislike.

For all you clueless people out there, or those who seem to ignore, there were 17 key members of the Vikings on that boat including;

Mewelde Moore, Pat Williams, Bryant McKinnie, Troy Williamson & Kevin Williams all who are all still with the team.

A lot of people here seem to think there was only 2 or 3 Vikings on that boat.
    IIRC, only 4 Viking players were indicted; Smoot, McKinnie, Culpepper, and M.Williams.
    Only McKinnie remains on the team.
    I expect the Vikings to look for a new LT next year.

Aside from his LB involvement, McKinnie should be replaced if he doesn't improve his pass protection skills.
    I previously claimed that McKinnie should be traded, or moved to RT after a LT was signed in free agency, or drafted.
    I still hold that hope.

Also, the Vikings can't dump everyone at once.

Smoot was too young to keep until he retired, unlike P.Williams and D.Sharper ( in 2-3 years ).
    So he was jettisoned for his LB participation (i.e. coordinating the 'activities'), and his poor performance on the field.
    Even though Childress may not have long term plans for Sharper or PWilliams, it isn't efficient roster management to drop players who have a few good years of service ahead of them and a short contract in effect.
    There are too many other poor performers who needed to be replaced sooner; e.g. OL, WRs.

Saying 17 Viking players were involved in the LB incident is close to assigning guilt by proximity to an illegal incedent.
    That doesn't hold up anywhere except in a 'court of biased public opinion'.
    Yes only 4 players were indited, but that doesn't mean more players did or did not participate in ilicit behaviour. Only 4 could be identified and were made an example of.

You like to put words in peoples mouths. Nowhere did I say 17 players were involved in the LB incident, I merely pointed out they were also on the boat. We may never know if more players were involved in ilicit behaviour or not.

IMO, most if not all those players on that boat knew there would be strippers there. Did you really think it came as a shock to any of them?

As far as Smoot, Culpepper and Moe Williams being gone, I don't believe any of them where let go due to that incident.

Culpepper is gone for other obvious reasons that I shouldn't have to bring back to the table.

Moe was to old to bring back & Childress went another route keeping Memo & acquiring Taylor.

Contrary to your belief, I don't believe Smoot was let go for his participation in the LB or that he was to young to keep until he was retired, but will agree in part on the performance aspect. Smoot was way overpaid for what he did on the field & was beaten out in the CB position by Griffin. Smoot did play quite well in his dime role, but again, due to him being highly overpaid especially just dime back & cutting him would free up cap room, plus the fact that he wanted to be on a team where he could start at CB, is more of a believable
    scenario of why he was let go, than your theory.
    [/quote]
    true that.
    this purging players from the tice regime is kinda kaka.
    the reasons those guys left were as you listed and as i have in other post.
    with the amount of movement done every year if the vikes really wanted to clear house they could have.
    they kept things in place for the most part cuz they believed they were closer than most here who think we are rebuilding from scratch.

they are not gonna mortgage their future for guys they don't need and have to overpay, but i guess my point is, when it's all said and done, would they really have had to, to improve weak areas on our team.
    and the truth is they wouldn't.
    if 2nd teir guys like shiancoe and wade were options, how come a defensive end, or offensive line help, or a veteran qb were not.
    they could have sured up some things and let training camp sort out the competitions between young talent from the draft and veterans.
    instead we have guys like hicks, mcmullen, bollinger, udeze, and so on basically being handed jobs, cuz they only have to beat out draft picks who are just learning the league.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "zindulee" wrote:
    He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    I totally agree with you and since the Vikes moves have defied logic this off-season, that means he'll be on the Vikes by the end of the week.

:
    What logic have the Vikes defied?
    Not overspending on mediocre FAs while at the same time bringing in young talent seems pretty logical to me.
    They've defied the "logic" of: 1. bringing in free agents who walk off the field before the game ends, bump traffic cops, or hold wild boat parties with strippers, or 2. trade for players who request a larger bonus payment but who do not report for physcial examinations and rehabilitation treatments, and who do not report for face to face meetings with the head coach, or 3. hiring head coaches who scalp tickets, which in itself is not a unique problem, but who later admit to it while still 'on the record', or 4. allowing players to malinger after being injured and complain to the press if they are benched, or 5. spending money on aging players whose performance has been declining rapidly.

;D
    Pardon my expression, but didn't they just give McKinnie & K-Will a boat load of money to resign?

Daunte got a lap dance & Smoot did his thing to a stripper with a dildo, but it was McKinnie who was McFeasting on muff pie.

Everyone bad mouths Smoot & Culpepper for the boat thing, but I have only seen 1 or 2 members bad mouth McKinnie for it.

What members here do more often than not, is ignore or minimize the wrong doing of players the like & critisize & condemn player they dislike.

For all you clueless people out there, or those who seem to ignore, there were 17 key members of the Vikings on that boat including;

Mewelde Moore, Pat Williams, Bryant McKinnie, Troy Williamson & Kevin Williams all who are all still with the team.

A lot of people here seem to think there was only 2 or 3 Vikings on that boat.
    IIRC, only 4 Viking players were indicted; Smoot, McKinnie, Culpepper, and M.Williams.
    Only McKinnie remains on the team.
    I expect the Vikings to look for a new LT next year.

Aside from his LB involvement, McKinnie should be replaced if he doesn't improve his pass protection skills.
    I previously claimed that McKinnie should be traded, or moved to RT after a LT was signed in free agency, or drafted.
    I still hold that hope.

Also, the Vikings can't dump everyone at once.

Smoot was too young to keep until he retired, unlike P.Williams and D.Sharper ( in 2-3 years ).
    So he was jettisoned for his LB participation (i.e. coordinating the 'activities'), and his poor performance on the field.
    Even though Childress may not have long term plans for Sharper or PWilliams, it isn't efficient roster management to drop players who have a few good years of service ahead of them and a short contract in effect.
    There are too many other poor performers who needed to be replaced sooner; e.g. OL, WRs.

Saying 17 Viking players were involved in the LB incident is close to assigning guilt by proximity to an illegal incedent.
    That doesn't hold up anywhere except in a 'court of biased public opinion'.
    I doubt that they will be able to easily take the big cap hit that they are probably gonna take if they get rid of McKinney (he will have to be CUT since no other teams are gonna want to pay his salary for mediocre play).
    McKinney will either get better on the left side, or be moved to the right side where he could easily dominate.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345