Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    399

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    With all due respect for Lance Johnstone's production and work ethic as a Viking in years past, he's just too old for a position already staffed by 4 young DE's. Two years ago, he's was fantastic as a 3rd down pass rush specialist, but he surely has lost at least some of the off-the-snap quickness he still had for parts of games back then. 33-34 is prime retirement age for DE's, and if we scheme for it, at least one of our young DE's could probably take on his role if we go for DE-by-committee. He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

  2. #22
    zindulee's Avatar
    zindulee is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    44

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    I totally agree with you and since the Vikes moves have defied logic this off-season, that means he'll be on the Vikes by the end of the week.
    :

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    "zindulee" wrote:
    He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    I totally agree with you and since the Vikes moves have defied logic this off-season, that means he'll be on the Vikes by the end of the week.
    :
    What logic have the Vikes defied?
    Not overspending on mediocre FAs while at the same time bringing in young talent seems pretty logical to me.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "zindulee" wrote:
    He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    I totally agree with you and since the Vikes moves have defied logic this off-season, that means he'll be on the Vikes by the end of the week.

    :
    What logic have the Vikes defied?
    Not overspending on mediocre FAs while at the same time bringing in young talent seems pretty logical to me.
    They've defied the "logic" of: 1. bringing in free agents who walk off the field before the game ends, bump traffic cops, or hold wild boat parties with strippers, or 2. trade for players who request a larger bonus payment but who do not report for physcial examinations and rehabilitation treatments, and who do not report for face to face meetings with the head coach, or 3. hiring head coaches who scalp tickets, which in itself is not a unique problem, but who later admit to it while still 'on the record', or 4. allowing players to malinger after being injured and complain to the press if they are benched, or 5. spending money on aging players whose performance has been declining rapidly.

    ;D


    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "zindulee" wrote:
    He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    I totally agree with you and since the Vikes moves have defied logic this off-season, that means he'll be on the Vikes by the end of the week.

    :
    What logic have the Vikes defied?
    Not overspending on mediocre FAs while at the same time bringing in young talent seems pretty logical to me.
    They've defied the "logic" of: 1. bringing in free agents who walk off the field before the game ends, bump traffic cops, or hold wild boat parties with strippers, or 2. trade for players who request a larger bonus payment but who do not report for physcial examinations and rehabilitation treatments, and who do not report for face to face meetings with the head coach, or 3. hiring head coaches who scalp tickets, which in itself is not a unique problem, but who later admit to it while still 'on the record', or 4. allowing players to malinger after being injured and complain to the press if they are benched, or 5. spending money on aging players whose performance has been declining rapidly.

    ;D
    Pardon my expression, but didn't they just give McKinnie & K-Will a boat load of money to resign?

    Daunte got a lap dance & Smoot did his thing to a stripper with a dildo, but it was McKinnie who was McFeasting on muff pie.

    Everyone bad mouths Smoot & Culpepper for the boat thing, but I have only seen 1 or 2 members bad mouth McKinnie for it.

    What members here do more often than not, is ignore or minimize the wrong doing of players the like & critisize & condemn player they dislike.

    For all you clueless people out there, or those who seem to ignore, there were 17 key members of the Vikings on that boat including;

    Mewelde Moore, Pat Williams, Bryant McKinnie, Troy Williamson & Kevin Williams all who are all still with the team.

    A lot of people here seem to think there was only 2 or 3 Vikings on that boat.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    zindulee's Avatar
    zindulee is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    44

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    What logic have the Vikes defied?
    Not overspending on mediocre FAs while at the same time bringing in young talent seems pretty logical to me.
    I don't mind bringing in young talent but sign some guys like Moulds, for example, to incentive laden contracts, get them into camp and let them compete for jobs. Give us fans some reason for hope for some veteran influence with proven track records in case these young talented players don't pan out.

  7. #27
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    They were both let go for a reason, by us and the Raiders.Why would we want any players that we let go and then let go from the the worst team in football.

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    "Garland" wrote:
    They were both let go for a reason, by us and the Raiders.Why would we want any players that we let go and then let go from the the worst team in football.
    They?

    He.

    And he was let go by Childress and Tomlin before they really had any idea who he was.
    If Johnstone could be brought in for near the veteran minimum, I say, why the hell not?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "zindulee" wrote:
    He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    I totally agree with you and since the Vikes moves have defied logic this off-season, that means he'll be on the Vikes by the end of the week.

    :
    What logic have the Vikes defied?
    Not overspending on mediocre FAs while at the same time bringing in young talent seems pretty logical to me.
    They've defied the "logic" of: 1. bringing in free agents who walk off the field before the game ends, bump traffic cops, or hold wild boat parties with strippers, or 2. trade for players who request a larger bonus payment but who do not report for physcial examinations and rehabilitation treatments, and who do not report for face to face meetings with the head coach, or 3. hiring head coaches who scalp tickets, which in itself is not a unique problem, but who later admit to it while still 'on the record', or 4. allowing players to malinger after being injured and complain to the press if they are benched, or 5. spending money on aging players whose performance has been declining rapidly.

    ;D
    Pardon my expression, but didn't they just give McKinnie & K-Will a boat load of money to resign?

    Daunte got a lap dance & Smoot did his thing to a stripper with a dildo, but it was McKinnie who was McFeasting on muff pie.

    Everyone bad mouths Smoot & Culpepper for the boat thing, but I have only seen 1 or 2 members bad mouth McKinnie for it.

    What members here do more often than not, is ignore or minimize the wrong doing of players the like & critisize & condemn player they dislike.

    For all you clueless people out there, or those who seem to ignore, there were 17 key members of the Vikings on that boat including;

    Mewelde Moore, Pat Williams, Bryant McKinnie, Troy Williamson & Kevin Williams all who are all still with the team.

    A lot of people here seem to think there was only 2 or 3 Vikings on that boat.
    totally right singer.
    but it makes some feel good cuz it gives them reason to think this is part of the grand viking plan.
    as for bringing in young talent, just cuz they're young doesn't mean they are nfl talented.
    i'm assuming you are talking about shiancoe, wade, circui or for that matter lowber.
    what have any of these guys proven at the nfl level.
    zero.
    so it's nice to be optimisitic but you can't actually talk about guys who are totally unproven commodities.
    it's not like draft picks when you are projecting what kinda nfl players they will be, they are guys who have not been able to crack lineups.
    so wishful thinking is nice, but i wouldnt go patting the vikings brass on the back quite yet.
    and i never hear anyone say we overspent for shiancoe or wade, considering neither guy has proven anything.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Raiders release Lance Johnstone & Brad Badger

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "zindulee" wrote:
    He's a good guy and all, but there's just no room for him this year with this team. I wish him luck.
    I totally agree with you and since the Vikes moves have defied logic this off-season, that means he'll be on the Vikes by the end of the week.

    :
    What logic have the Vikes defied?
    Not overspending on mediocre FAs while at the same time bringing in young talent seems pretty logical to me.
    They've defied the "logic" of: 1. bringing in free agents who walk off the field before the game ends, bump traffic cops, or hold wild boat parties with strippers, or 2. trade for players who request a larger bonus payment but who do not report for physcial examinations and rehabilitation treatments, and who do not report for face to face meetings with the head coach, or 3. hiring head coaches who scalp tickets, which in itself is not a unique problem, but who later admit to it while still 'on the record', or 4. allowing players to malinger after being injured and complain to the press if they are benched, or 5. spending money on aging players whose performance has been declining rapidly.

    ;D
    Pardon my expression, but didn't they just give McKinnie & K-Will a boat load of money to resign?

    Daunte got a lap dance & Smoot did his thing to a stripper with a dildo, but it was McKinnie who was McFeasting on muff pie.

    Everyone bad mouths Smoot & Culpepper for the boat thing, but I have only seen 1 or 2 members bad mouth McKinnie for it.

    What members here do more often than not, is ignore or minimize the wrong doing of players the like & critisize & condemn player they dislike.

    For all you clueless people out there, or those who seem to ignore, there were 17 key members of the Vikings on that boat including;

    Mewelde Moore, Pat Williams, Bryant McKinnie, Troy Williamson & Kevin Williams all who are all still with the team.

    A lot of people here seem to think there was only 2 or 3 Vikings on that boat.
    IIRC, only 4 Viking players were indicted; Smoot, McKinnie, Culpepper, and M.Williams.
    Only McKinnie remains on the team.
    I expect the Vikings to look for a new LT next year.

    Aside from his LB involvement, McKinnie should be replaced if he doesn't improve his pass protection skills.
    I previously claimed that McKinnie should be traded, or moved to RT after a LT was signed in free agency, or drafted.
    I still hold that hope.

    Also, the Vikings can't dump everyone at once.


    Smoot was too young to keep until he retired, unlike P.Williams and D.Sharper ( in 2-3 years ).
    So he was jettisoned for his LB participation (i.e. coordinating the 'activities'), and his poor performance on the field.
    Even though Childress may not have long term plans for Sharper or PWilliams, it isn't efficient roster management to drop players who have a few good years of service ahead of them and a short contract in effect.
    There are too many other poor performers who needed to be replaced sooner; e.g. OL, WRs.

    Saying 17 Viking players were involved in the LB incident is close to assigning guilt by proximity to an illegal incedent.
    That doesn't hold up anywhere except in a 'court of biased public opinion'.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lance Johnstone signs with Oakland
    By ThePurplePotato in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 02:22 PM
  2. Lance johnstone ?
    By whiteviking24 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 02:31 AM
  3. What is up with Lance Johnstone?
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 04:17 PM
  4. Lance Johnstone
    By DoyleRulz84 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:09 PM
  5. Lance Johnstone
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 03:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •