Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    JoeC36 is offline Waterboy

Re:Raiders release former top pick Russell

Overlord wrote:
    I don't see why they're giving up on the guy. In the three years before getting Russell, the Raiders won 11 games. In the last three years with him, they won 14. That smells like improvement to me.

And I don't think I'm alone in saying he looked like a solid prospect at offensive tackle. How many times did he let a defensive lineman get past him?

I know everyone will now be arguing about whether Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell is the bigger draft bust. Just to be fair, I think we always need to keep in mind the fact that Russell had to play for the Raiders, an organization whose owner was demented enough to once call Russell 'a great player'.

Oh, and the Vikes should sign this guy.
    the problem was that he only won 7 of those games in 3 years and reports say he looked like he didnt care.

and i wouldn't mind the jets signing him as a back up nose tackle in case Kris Jenkins goes down again. haha
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Seems premature by Vikings standards. He should have gotten at least 5 consecutive seasons of 16 starts before any judgement is made.
    True...it wasn't really his fault....after all, look at the O line, the receivers, the backs...Russell never really had a chance to develop. After all, it takes 2-3 years to develop a QB, so the clock shouldn't have even begun ticking on him. They need to give him another chance...

See how stupid it sounds when you apply it elsewhere?

Caine

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

gregair13 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Tarvaris Jackson > #1 pick Jamarcus Russell

Now where is that 2007 "We need to trade up & draft Jamarcus Russell" knob-slobbering thread?

You know who you are.
    It is now your mission to find that thread so we can ridicule whoever said that for years to come.
    Well I checked the 07 stay,trade up or trade down thread no Russell in those 3 pages.

Read more than half of the 23 pages of Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick... no Russell request or wants in the first 17 pages, got boring, but there was some Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn Jr wanting that got this

singersp wrote:
    LMAO! No mater how many times it's been said that Childress does not draft wideouts in the first round, people still ignore that fact & believe he will & keep tossing 1st round wide receiver names out there.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

vikinggreg wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Tarvaris Jackson > #1 pick Jamarcus Russell

Now where is that 2007 "We need to trade up & draft Jamarcus Russell" knob-slobbering thread?

You know who you are.
    It is now your mission to find that thread so we can ridicule whoever said that for years to come.
    Well I checked the 07 stay,trade up or trade down thread no Russell in those 3 pages.

Read more than half of the 23 pages of Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick... no Russell request or wants in the first 17 pages, got boring, but there was some Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn Jr wanting that got this

singersp wrote:
    LMAO! No mater how many times it's been said that Childress does not draft wideouts in the first round, people still ignore that fact & believe he will & keep tossing 1st round wide receiver names out there.
    I remember alot of Calvin Johnson, and some Landry and Quinn, but I can't recall any trade ups to first for Russell.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Some NFL.com reporter has Russell above Leaf as biggest bust... Don't agree with that at all.

Leaf was compared to Manning. it was 1a and 1b as far as who the top player that draft was.

Russell didn't have nearly the hype Leaf had.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Caine wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Seems premature by Vikings standards. He should have gotten at least 5 consecutive seasons of 16 starts before any judgement is made.
    True...it wasn't really his fault....after all, look at the O line, the receivers, the backs...Russell never really had a chance to develop. After all, it takes 2-3 years to develop a QB, so the clock shouldn't have even begun ticking on him. They need to give him another chance...

Caine
    Comparing Jackson to Russell is insulting to Jackson. Jackson is 2X the QB that Russell is or ever will be. Jackson was drafted as a 2-3 year project. Russell went first overall.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:

Caine
    Comparing Jackson to Russell is insulting to Jackson. Jackson is 2X the QB that Russell is or ever will be. Jackson was drafted as a 2-3 year project. Russell went first overall.
    Oh, that makes it ALL better...

...whatever.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:

Caine
    And yet its been 4 years, and you still want to give him a chance. I'm by no means a Russel fan, although I did love how he was undefeated at mile high , but neither of the quarterbacks have panned out. I know TJ will get another chance with us, hopefully just one more, unless he proves almost everyone wrong by succeeding.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Caine wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:

Caine
    Oh, that makes it ALL better...

...whatever.
    Whatever?

12purplepride28 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:

Caine
    And yet its been 4 years, and you still want to give him a chance. I'm by no means a Russel fan, although I did love how he was undefeated at mile high , but neither of the quarterbacks have panned out. I know TJ will get another chance with us, hopefully just one more, unless he proves almost everyone wrong by succeeding.
    Do I want him to get another chance? I'm not sure...I'm reasonably convinced that he is not the answer at QB. It's just the pouting that goes on that drives me nuts.

Jackson wasn't even that bad, and people just rip him to pieces. I thought Jackson was borderline OK until Favre came in. After watching Favre play for 3 games I could see that Jackson didn't have "It". he might win us some games, and he might be able to manage things...but he isn't a play maker and he isn't a winner.

But for people to go on and on and constantly whine about the QB situation is ridiculous especially when we've already covered the options that were available. You know it's bad when several people are drooling over David Carr. Of all the guys that have been around there honestly aren't that many that have fared any better than Jackson has to date.

It's amusing to watch people desperately struggle to place blame. Sometimes shit happens and the cards don't fall in a favorable manner. Blame and pout isn't always the best coping mechanism.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast