Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prophet Guest

Re: Raiders dangling Porter

KFFL
    Raiders | Sapp speaks out on Porter
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:41:14 -0700

Oakland Raiders DT Warren Sapp spoke about WR Jerry Porter's ongoing holdout from training camp and trade demands during an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio. Sapp said that the team does not feel obligated to pull him aside and advise him to come into camp. "People talk about football being a family. It's not a family. It's a brotherhood of men," said Sapp. "Because in a family, if the baby is lagging behind everybody stops and waits for the baby to catch up. We can't wait for the baby to catch up. We gotta go. This thing's coming and when it's coming it is coming full speed ahead and we want to be ready to go with what we got. And if he's not gonna be a part of what we got going then some kind of way we've got to find a way to make him happy. Trade him or whatever he wants because you can't have a malcontent on a team where on Sunday we're gonna be looking for you to make plays."

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I just hope the Packers don't sign him.... although it would probably hurt their locker room, I don't want Favre to have anyone to throw at.

Charles Woodson might have been the ohter inmate.... mabye the inmates will be reunited in GB.

Thanks Lotza!

One day in camp an already headaches in Raider country...
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Boy oh boy oh boy! And the hits just keep right on coming.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    The culture is changing," Shell said firmly, "and everybody has been on board and trying to get involved in the process of winning football games, and getting in here, working. You can't have inmates running the asylum.

"That's not gonna be. Not under me, and 99.9 percent of the players here feel that way. They want direction. We're going to give them direction. And I'm not going to back down off of that.

"A couple of the inmates have been trying to run the doggone culture around here. They've been running the program. And that's not gonna be anymore. I'm the head coach. I'm the guy in charge".

I would take bets that the "other inmate" is Randy Moss!

How is Randy going to respond to Shells new approach?
    No way. Moss is all for it. He knows that the team needs a huge change to start winning some games. And every Vikings fan knows that Moss will do what he has to do to win.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Sounds like there is a new sheriff in town
    You got that right.

KFFL
    Raiders | Shell in charge and giving team direction
    Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:36:16 -0700

Nancy ***, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Art Shell is changing the way the Raiders prepare and practice. "The culture is changing," Shell said firmly, "and everybody has been on board and trying to get involved in the process of winning football games, and getting in here, working. You can't have inmates running the asylum. That's not gonna be. Not under me, and 99.9 percent of the players here feel that way. They want direction. We're going to give them direction. And I'm not going to back down off of that. A couple of the inmates have been trying to run the doggone culture around here. They've been running the program. And that's not gonna be anymore. I'm the head coach. I'm the guy in charge."
    How long is Grandpa Davis going to keep Shell this time?

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

:lol: The Raiders are :lol: falling apart :lol: and training camp :lol: has just begun.

:sign5:

A message to the Raider Nation: Your team sucks!

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    How long is Grandpa Davis going to keep Shell this time?
    Unless they miraculously make the playoffs Shell is gone after this season.

After all, he was a last option hire. Mr. Senility sat around with his thumb up his a$$ as the more sought after canidates passed the Raiders by.

Prophet Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Raiders | Sapp speaks out on Porter
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:41:14 -0700

Oakland Raiders DT Warren Sapp spoke about WR Jerry Porter's ongoing holdout from training camp and trade demands during an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio. Sapp said that the team does not feel obligated to pull him aside and advise him to come into camp. "People talk about football being a family. It's not a family. It's a brotherhood of men," said Sapp. "Because in a family, if the baby is lagging behind everybody stops and waits for the baby to catch up. We can't wait for the baby to catch up. We gotta go. This thing's coming and when it's coming it is coming full speed ahead and we want to be ready to go with what we got. And if he's not gonna be a part of what we got going then some kind of way we've got to find a way to make him happy. Trade him or whatever he wants because you can't have a malcontent on a team where on Sunday we're gonna be looking for you to make plays."
    one of the best quotes from a player this off season.

Sapp is still playing?
    You republican whore!

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Raiders | Sapp takes over leadership role
    Sun, 30 Jul 2006 00:09:23 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders DL Warren Sapp has taken over the leadership role now that CB Charles Woodson has left for the Green Bay Packers and DL Ted Washington has left for the Cleveland Browns. Sapp said, "It was more their team than it was mine because Woodson had been here since he was drafted and Ted had been around the league forever, and they were more vocal about it. I was just trying to find my niche within the system and trying not to be overbearing. Tampa was my spot. I stomped around there."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12