Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Raider release rod woodson

You're right! Like a cheap cigar.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    I saw that to and was thinking maybe we should pick him up. But he failed his physical thats why he got realsed.

But we dont really need his help at safety. but if i recall he did play corner at one point in his career maybe he could play oppisite of winfield.
    Good corners generally get moved to safety when they start to slow down, not the other way around. He would get smoked.
    Perhaps he would get smoked, but in 2002 at age 37, I think he led the league in interceptions with 8. Darrell Green is another example of a DB who was still very productive at an advanced age.

Nevertheless, I think the Vikings starting spots at S are well manned, and Woodson would not necessarily be any improvement. Two seasons ago, I'd have taken a chance on him, but we don't need him now. Plus, he is only 10 career INTs behind our own Paul Krause! No reason to give the guy another season or two to catch Krause.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Don't overemphasize INT's. I'd rather have a guy who plays his position and shuts down a receiver than a guy who is always playing for the interception. Those are the guys who sometimes take too many risks and get beat.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Very good point los!! (man I hate when you do that!!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Don't overemphasize INT's. I'd rather have a guy who plays his position and shuts down a receiver than a guy who is always playing for the interception. Those are the guys who sometimes take too many risks and get beat.

Exactly! We as vikes fans should know this after last season. Anyone else watch brian russell out there? He isn't great because he lead the league in ints. He still has a lot to learn before he is even considered a great or even good FS, and that is why offord has a shot at winning the starting spot at FS very soon.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"magicci" wrote:
    "so-cal vike" wrote:

SKOL VIKINGS...(T)RAIDERS SUCK!!!
    couldn't agree with you more you wouldn't believe how much i hate the raiders. but you live in cali. so u understand

LONG LIVE THE RAIDER HATERS!

SKOL.

I was watching Total Access on the NFL network this morning and ex-teammate Lincoln Kennedy said Woodson's body has been on a downslide over the past two/three years and at this point he has no cartilage left in his knees. He recently had cadaver cartilage put in but the surgery was not successful. The guy is as old as dirt. He needs to retire and wait until he is selected for the Hall of Fame. He had a great career (but still ranks behind our man Krause in career INT's).
    Even babies know the difference.

jiggyjack is offline Rookie

maybe they are gonna move denard walker over. good luck raiders!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12