Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raider fan here

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Raider fan here

Welcome to the site. Enjoy your stay here & a little bantering back & fourth.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Here in Viking land we tend to believe in drafting the best player available. I think this comes out of our experience back when we drafted Randy Moss #17 overall when he was clearly the best player available in the entire draft. The play on the field overshadowed the character issues for at least several years. (Some of us say they always have.) Denny Green drafted Moss, and that year we scored more points than any team in NFL history and almost got back to the Super Bowl.

As good as Chester Taylor is, you always want to have two quality RBs for spelling and backup. Chester Taylor is a great team player. He accepted AD being promoted to the starter spot without a complaint.

If I were the Raiders, I would draft the best player available.

Hey, did you know that Lane Kiffin used to be a Vikings ballboy? There are a number of former Vikings personnel who are currently NFL head coaches: Kiffin, Dungy, Billick, Del Rio, and Linehan. If only we could keep our personnel for longer!

Good luck playing the Packers. Favre is overrated. If you pressure him, he starts throwing the ball wildly. I hope the Raiders throw wave after wave of deceptive blitzes at Favre. If so, the Raiders will win by two touchdowns.

Go Vikings!

or24 is offline Waterboy

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Here in Viking land we tend to believe in drafting the best player available. I think this comes out of our experience back when we drafted Randy Moss #17 overall when he was clearly the best player available in the entire draft. The play on the field overshadowed the character issues for at least several years. (Some of us say they always have.) Denny Green drafted Moss, and that year we scored more points than any team in NFL history and almost got back to the Super Bowl.

As good as Chester Taylor is, you always want to have two quality RBs for spelling and backup. Chester Taylor is a great team player. He accepted AD being promoted to the starter spot without a complaint.

Hey, did you know that Lane Kiffin used to be a Vikings ballboy? There are a number of former Vikings personnel who are currently NFL head coaches: Kiffin, Dungy, Billick, Del Rio, and Linehan. If only we could keep our personnel for longer!

Good luck playing the Packers. Favre is overrated. If you pressure him, he starts throwing the ball wildly. I hope the Raiders throw wave after wave of deceptive blitzes at Favre. If so, the Raiders will win by two touchdowns.

deceptive blitzes? not likely. we dont blitz often which is one of the reasons many are down on rob ryan. he has mixed it up more in recent weeks. He said he is going to throw at Nnamdi, which is a plus for us. I think Favre will put up some good numbers, but were gonna pick him off a few times. There's his cockyness for ya lol. The only thing I like about green bay is CWood
    ;D
    Didnt Taylor get hurt, forcing AD into a starters role? Or am i wrong?

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Taylor wasn't hurt. AD just averages 6.5 yds/rush, and if you watch him play (you didn't have a chance when we played you guys), you'd have to admit he's in the top 10 of running backs in the NFL right now, maybe higher. Some have made lofty comparisons, but it's not even a full season yet, and that's premature.

Go Vikings!

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"or24" wrote:
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I went to a Jags board and got flamed immediately lol.
    Welcome to the site, everyone here is nice for the most part as long as you're civil.
    Plus you being a Raiders fan noone wants to get shanked.
    Good luck on the rest of the season/draft hopefully we get to see some more of Russell in the next few weeks.

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    you'd have to admit he's in the top 10 of running backs in the NFL right now, maybe higher. Some have made lofty comparisons, but it's not even a full season yet, and that's premature.
    I don't think it's premature to say he's the best RB in the NFL right now.
    He has more yards than anyone else right now.
    He averages more yards per carry than anyone else right now.
    It may be premature to say he's one of the best ever but I think it's hard to deny he's the best right now.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The Raiders should take Dorsey because Sapp and Sands are not the answer and something needs to be done to help stop the run.

I like Morrison and Howard in the linebacking corps though.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"or24" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

deceptive blitzes? not likely. we dont blitz often which is one of the reasons many are down on rob ryan. he has mixed it up more in recent weeks. He said he is going to throw at Nnamdi, which is a plus for us. I think Favre will put up some good numbers, but were gonna pick him off a few times. There's his cockyness for ya lol. The only thing I like about green bay is CWood
    ;D
    Didnt Taylor get hurt, forcing AD into a starters role? Or am i wrong?
    Actually Taylor did get hurt but he came back and became the starter again, childress just relized in week 6 that peterson was better and should start.

Anyway goodluck with the packers, hope you guys walk away with a W

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Yes, there was some whining when AD was drafted.
    The whiners have crawled into their respective holes and are praying that those threads aren't dredged.
    It is nice to have purple jesus on the team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, there was some whining when AD was drafted.
    The whiners have crawled into their respective holes and are praying that those threads aren't dredged.
    It is nice to have purple jesus on the team.
    I'm one of the whiners (sort of) from the injury standpoint .
    . . not the skills standpoint.
    I don't remember many people complaining about his skills.
    Most were concerned about his health.

Both have shown their heads this season . . . fortunately TAYLOR has picked up the slack & the injuries haven't been career threathening.

Here's to a long, successful career for AD . . . and not a BO JACKSON career!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"or24" wrote:
    Hey Vikings fans! Im a Raider fan from Raiderfans.net. First of all, Congrats on the win a few weeks ago. 2nd, Adrian Peterson is one of my favorite players and I was hoping Al Davis would somehow pull the trigger on him last year. This year, Tom Cable(OL coach) has turned our running game from one of the worst to one of the best in the nfl. Fargas looks good behind it. With Darren McFadden available in this next years draft, a lot of people still want to go after him despite Fargas' success, because He is a playmaker, something our offense is lacking. What I was wondering was, How many people here were content with Chester Taylor and didnt want Peterson? Even with Peterson's success, would you go back and draft someone else? I personally feel you draft the best player available. What are your opinions?
    p.s. Hopefully we will hand the cheeseheads a loss on sunday for you guys and improve to a 3 game win streak! ;D
    I'll be honest - with AD and Quinn on the board (and I was at the draft party), I wanted the Vikings to go with Quinn.
    Long-term, a QB is a better call than a RB - purely in terms of length of career.

However, Purple Jesus has shown me The Way to Salvation and Touchdowns.

Amen.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast