Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raider fan here

or24 is offline Waterboy

Raider fan here

Hey Vikings fans! Im a Raider fan from Raiderfans.net. First of all, Congrats on the win a few weeks ago. 2nd, Adrian Peterson is one of my favorite players and I was hoping Al Davis would somehow pull the trigger on him last year. This year, Tom Cable(OL coach) has turned our running game from one of the worst to one of the best in the nfl. Fargas looks good behind it. With Darren McFadden available in this next years draft, a lot of people still want to go after him despite Fargas' success, because He is a playmaker, something our offense is lacking. What I was wondering was, How many people here were content with Chester Taylor and didnt want Peterson? Even with Peterson's success, would you go back and draft someone else? I personally feel you draft the best player available. What are your opinions?
    p.s. Hopefully we will hand the cheeseheads a loss on sunday for you guys and improve to a 3 game win streak! ;D

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Raider fan here

"or24" wrote:
    Hey Vikings fans! Im a Raider fan from Raiderfans.net. First of all, Congrats on the win a few weeks ago. 2nd, Adrian Peterson is one of my favorite players and I was hoping Al Davis would somehow pull the trigger on him last year. This year, Tom Cable(OL coach) has turned our running game from one of the worst to one of the best in the nfl. Fargas looks good behind it. With Darren McFadden available in this next years draft, a lot of people still want to go after him despite Fargas' success, because He is a playmaker, something our offense is lacking. What I was wondering was, How many people here were content with Chester Taylor and didnt want Peterson? Even with Peterson's success, would you go back and draft someone else? I personally feel you draft the best player available. What are your opinions?
    p.s. Hopefully we will hand the cheeseheads a loss on sunday for you guys and improve to a 3 game win streak! ;D
    I'm sorry

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site.....Enjoy your time here... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Welcome-I hope your Raiders put a whippin' on the Packers this week. I personally believe a team should draft the best player available. I was excited when the Vikes got Peterson, and figure that if there were any doubters, they are now converts.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Weclome to the Site.

Go Vikings and Go Gators!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I honestly don't think anybody CURRENTLY would say they wish we would have picked anybody BUT AD.
    Most were very happy with Taylor; he was and is one of the best backs in the league...

Yes, you do have to draft for the best player available, particularly early in the draft.
    Really the only other option for us was Quinn; some wished we would have picked him, and there was some grumbling among the fans...

Welcome to the site, and nice first post.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

or24 is offline Waterboy

Thanks for the warm welcome. I went to a Jags board and got flamed immediately lol. So most were aiming for AD? and some quinn fans? Was anyone aiming for a wideout? Or did everyone shy away because of Williamson? Thats an issue at LT with us. Gallery is playing well at Guard but cant play Tackle so a lot of people dont want Jake Long.
    Our board has a few cal homers who want desean jackson but mostly Id say its Dmac, Chris Long, or Dorsey that are favored. DT is our biggest need but McFadden is probably the bpa. Im pulling for Howie's son or RUNDMC
    ;D

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"or24" wrote:
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I went to a Jags board and got flamed immediately lol. So most were aiming for AD? and some quinn fans? Was anyone aiming for a wideout? Or did everyone shy away because of Williamson? Thats an issue at LT with us. Gallery is playing well at Guard but cant play Tackle so a lot of people dont want Jake Long.
    Our board has a few cal homers who want desean jackson but mostly Id say its Dmac, Chris Long, or Dorsey that are favored. DT is our biggest need but McFadden is probably the bpa. Im pulling for Howie's son or RUNDMC
    ;D
    Well you will have to wait for Tebow until next year!

Go Gators!

Congrats to Tebow for winning the Heisman!

"or24" wrote:
    Welcome to the site. Don't worry about taking McFadden. If you do I think he'll be another Reggie Bush. Kind iof not living up to his expectation but an amazing athlete. A tweaker player that is good at all positions. Very versatile. Similar to Bush. But Fargas is looking amazing out there. Personally Im almost certain you'll take O-line with Jake Long OT. If not maybe WR. DeSean Jackson. You have Justin Fargas. Porter and Curry will suffice at reciever corp. plus Higgins could be something someday. JeMarcus Russel 1st overall. Somehow I doubt you'll take QB. Just a hunch
    : . You have a very dominant defense. Your secondary is set. Huff (a beast in his second year) and Asomugha is the best young corner. Young and awesome secondary.
    Great pass defense. Kirk Morrison is one of the best MLBs and what is he in his 2nd or 3rd year. So no linebackers in my opinion. Burgess is a great D-End so that leaves a replacement for Warrren Sapp in a couple years (2-3) but I think you'll take one is the second that can be developed into greatness. I have a Raider an friend in south California so he tells me a lot of crap about the Raiders and I have a certain understanding of them.

But I'll eat my crows. Yeah I was very content with a Chester Taylor who had recently had a 1500 yard season. I saw no need in drafting a runningback with Taylor in the back field. I wanted Brady Quinn because I thought our need at quarterback was greater then our need at runningback and it was. Our quarterback play was way worse then our runningback play.
    Right now would I go back and draft Quinn or someone else. No of course not. But it's unfair to say Adrian Peterson (even how amazing he is) is better then somebody we haven't seen yet or taken a snap in the NFL. But at this rate Quinn will have to look like Peyton Manning his first year to make me think we should have drafted him over Adrian Peterson
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

or24 is offline Waterboy

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "or24" wrote:
    Welcome to the site. Don't worry about taking McFadden. If you do I think he'll be another Reggie Bush. Kind iof not living up to his expectation but an amazing athlete. A tweaker player that is good at all positions. Very versatile. Similar to Bush. But Fargas is looking amazing out there. Personally Im almost certain you'll take O-line with Jake Long OT. If not maybe WR. DeSean Jackson. You have Justin Fargas. Porter and Curry will suffice at reciever corp. plus Higgins could be something someday. JeMarcus Russel 1st overall. Somehow I doubt you'll take QB. Just a hunch
    : . You have a very dominant defense. Your secondary is set. Huff (a beast in his second year) and Asomugha is the best young corner. Young and awesome secondary.
    Great pass defense. Kirk Morrison is one of the best MLBs and what is he in his 2nd or 3rd year. So no linebackers in my opinion. Burgess is a great D-End so that leaves a replacement for Warrren Sapp in a couple years (2-3) but I think you'll take one is the second that can be developed into greatness. I have a Raider an friend in south California so he tells me a lot of crap about the Raiders and I have a certain understanding of them.

But I'll eat my crows. Yeah I was very content with a Chester Taylor who had recently had a 1500 yard season. I saw no need in drafting a runningback with Taylor in the back field. I wanted Brady Quinn because I thought our need at quarterback was greater then our need at runningback and it was. Our quarterback play was way worse then our runningback play.
    Right now would I go back and draft Quinn or someone else. No of course not. But it's unfair to say Adrian Peterson (even how amazing he is) is better then somebody we haven't seen yet or taken a snap in the NFL. But at this rate Quinn will have to look like Peyton Manning his first year to make me think we should have drafted him over Adrian Peterson
    McFadden is blazing fast but I just dont think he will be a great back. He will probably upgrade Fargas, and isnt as soft as Reggie bush, but not a great back. Still, Id be happy with him. Some Raider fans hype up their own players. Homers lol. Barry Sims(LT) has played against Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil who combined have lke 20 sacks this year and hasnt given up a sack in either game. Our penalties have also been low!!! Yes, The oakland raiders not getting flagged the last couple games! Curry and Porter arent putting up even average numbers, though. Curry wont even break the 70 catch mark and porter might not be in oakland next year cuz he can opt out. Our pass defense is one of the best. Asomugha is simply amazing. He's been passed on under 25 times this year. Burgess hasnt been 100% but is one of the better pass rushers in the league. Morriosn and Howard have been stand outs in coverage and a big reason why are pass defense is so good, But Morrison is a lil overhyped. He isnt great, but he may get there. Some fans, and now even some of his teammates are questioning his ability to shed blocks, but nonetheless, we have a good linebacking core. Sapp is not a very good player anymore and cant play the run, Terdell Sands robbed us of 17 million, and we wasted a 5th rounder on gerard warren who is decent but not worth the money. Our DT's are considred the worst in the nfl, thats why that is considered out biggest need. Where do you rank your DT's? Kevin and Pat williams? Better than or as good as the combo of Stroud and Henderson in Jacksonville?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast