Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question?

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Question?

I am a firm believer that college kids should stay in school all four year before turning pro in any sport. I know opinions are like buttholes...but please post to let me know what you think?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Question?

I think it's like buying or selling stock. You have to go pro when you can get the most $... simple as that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with you Nephilim (for what it's worth). Your education is something you never lose and need as your life goes on. Pro football playing time is just a blip on the radar in a lifetime.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Depends on the situation.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I agree with you Nephilim (for what it's worth). Your education is something you never lose and need as your life goes on. Pro football playing time is just a blip on the radar in a lifetime.
    Floop that they can always go back to school.... i agree with Cmac... strike while the iron is hot!!.. make that money....
    the only position i can say should stay would be QB... other than that... leave if you can....

yeah, in a wheelchair...but who knows if you do not make it in pro sports...cut or something...come on.

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    WADR, many college athletes are not there for an education.
    Just listen to Vince Young or other pro athletes absolutely butcher the English language.
    I think watching and listening to them is kind of comical.
    Sad, but comical.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I agree with Cmac. If the money is there and the opportunity then why not turn pro? Go have your career, bank some money and then when your career is over you can go back and finish the degree. At that point you should be able to focus on school because there will be no sport to interfere with your education and you should not have to work during the year to earn money.

As far as that is concerned yu could also take classes during the off season to keep working towards your degree.

The real question is when they get the degree, will they do anything with it?

Reason why I am asking is because I am doing an article on my blog about it...with google...any other input would be great!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I agree with Cmac. If the money is there and the opportunity then why not turn pro? Go have your career, bank some money and then when your career is over you can go back and finish the degree. At that point you should be able to focus on school because there will be no sport to interfere with your education and you should not have to work during the year to earn money.

As far as that is concerned yu could also take classes during the off season to keep working towards your degree.

The real question is when they get the degree, will they do anything with it?
    Is that a 1st?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast