Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    silvermane is offline Rookie

Quarterback confusion in Dallas

quincy carter will probably end up starting for them...i think parcells is just doing this to push him to the next level. parcells would be an idiot to make testaverde the starter. or any of those other guys for that matter...the only way carter will see the bench is if he just blows the game.

i don't understand why dallas hasn't tried to get a better backup qb or a better rb for that matter. i don't know what their cap situation is but they really missed the boat in the draft and free agency not going after some of the better offensive players available.

not that i'm upset...i hope they choke and die this year.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    If I'm Winfield, honestly, I give him a coushin, let him catch the first ball and then level him.
    Forget that. Meshawn doesn't merit any cushion, he certainly doesn't have deep speed. Meshawn is a possesion receiver that needs to be jammed at the line, however I am not sure how well antoine is at doing that (due to his size). Lets our LBs level him as he struts over the middle.
    From what I have heard, one of Antoine Winfield's biggest strength is his "physicalness"...so I would expect him to be good at jamming receivers. Plus he is low to the ground, and low pad wins :wink: .

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I would like nothing better than to see meshawn get laid out by winfield!! That guy is all talk and hype, his numbers show nothing. Three years ago, over 100 receptions, 1 TD (and he got that in about week 14 or so). Last I checked, it's not how many catches you have that really help your team, is the clutch catches and TOUCHDOWNS!! He is all talk and no show! Bring it boys!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"Cushion" is the crap that the Viking DBs of the past five years have been giving way too much of. Getting beat for 8-15 yds per catch is just as fatal as giving up the one 50 yarder.

I want Winfield and Williams on their guys like white on rice, so that the QB doesn't even DARE throw it their way. Then Williams, Hovan and the guys can bury that S.O.B. for a sack!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"purplepat" wrote:
    "Cushion" is the crap that the Viking DBs of the past five years have been giving way too much of. Getting beat for 8-15 yds per catch is just as fatal as giving up the one 50 yarder.

I want Winfield and Williams on their guys like white on rice, so that the QB doesn't even DARE throw it their way. Then Williams, Hovan and the guys can bury that S.O.B. for a sack!
    Exactly. Let the QB take the hard hits and keep the receivers running around the field WITHOUT the ball.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Easier said than done :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12