Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: QBs, RBs & WRs. Screw them all.

"gregair13" wrote:
    This is why i like the NFL network guys like rod woodson and jamie dukes. they will actually talk about the linemen and the secondary instead of just the skill positions.
    Dukes is a hoot.
    You can tell when he is getting into it......Starts wipin the sweat...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

I agree 100% with Prophet and the crux of this thread.
    Football is a sport where if the entire offense does their individual jobs, they could not be stopped.
    That is why I get so upset with players taking plays off.
    That is also why I would rather have guys like Wes Welker and Hines Ward than the Mosses and TOs.

I believe the Vikings "O" line has somewhat under-achieved since AD has been here.
    All those runs where he is stuffed at or behind the line is proof.
    It is a rare occassion when he has a big hole to exploit.
    He gets a lot of big runs by juking people and just plain running through defenders.

You can blame the media, and especially ESPN with all their highlights and top 10 plays.
    It is all hype...not what actually contributes to championship winning football teams.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I couldn't agree more.

It's all about the big guys up front. All guts, no glory.

Only problem is, the NFL and Media know what the majority of fans like. And the majority of fans have no idea how the game of football works and just like to see deep balls, flashy runs, end zone dances, and big hits. And that's what the NFL and the networks show to get the ratings.

Far too few people care about strategy and the way plays develop, and unfortunately us who do care don't get to view the game the way we would like to.

Possibly my biggest qualm
    with NFL broadcasts is what they choose to replay. The networks will sometimes replay trivial things, or show stupid crowd shots, instead of replaying a penalty. IMO if there is anything that needs to be replayed 100% of the time it's penalties. I can deal with not seeing a big hit, broken tackle, or a stupid celebration just a player doing his job on a play to see the penalty committed and if it was the right call.

Unfortunately, I don't see them changing the broadcasts anytime soon. If anything it will get worse.
    I figured this bothered you too....athough I was hoping the poll would get you pissed off.
    I'm guessing you just went with the last option.
    I went with "They don't know shit."

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent post....

Do you get to see the re-airs on NFLN?
    They do a nice thing were as they are replaying the play the players are inserted into the screen and give commentary on what happened.
    Very nice touch.

By the way, we were this >< close to Whipeboarding some plays at the tailgate my friend.
    Maybe next year....... ;D
    I hope so, I can't wait to get to a PPO tailgate.

Sometimes I catch the re-airs on NFLN. I'm lucky if I get a chance to watch though, I work weird hours while I'm home, and with schoolwork and classes when I'm down at school I usually miss them.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    I get sick of discussions about the QB, RB and WRs.
    Personally, i wish they had better coverage during games and focused in more on the lines and showed what was going on with closeups, coverage, multiple angles, and analyses.

If you're interested in this aspect of the game it's an afterthought by the media.
    With today's technology the coverage could be much better.
    It has come a long way since the 60s when you get the cheap seat view on your TV set.
    There is still a long ways to go.
    HD TV does not do it, they need to completely retool the way they cover the games.
    We can still look at and analyze the play of the lines with the coverage today, but, that is not the focus of the coverage.
    There is no reason they could not cover all the intricacies of the game.

The marquee players (QB, RB, WRs) only breed an influx of incompetent fans (a new category added to the true fan debate).
    see answer #5 in the poll...FUCK YOU! lol
    :P

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Personally, i wish they had better coverage during games and focused in more on the lines and showed what was going on with closeups, coverage, multiple angles, and analyses.

If you're interested in this aspect of the game it's an afterthought by the media.
    It has come a long way since the 60s when you get the cheap seat view on your TV set.
    HD TV does not do it, they need to completely retool the way they cover the games.
    We can still look at and analyze the play of the lines with the coverage today, but, that is not the focus of the coverage.

The marquee players (QB, RB, WRs) only breed an influx of incompetent fans (a new category added to the true fan debate).
    I knew you would definitely be in that mix.
    I like to add that to polls, it lets people release their inner hatred toward fake people.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i'm real on the inside.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I like to add that to polls, it lets people release their inner hatred toward fake people.
    well thank you for keeping me in mind..the funny part is, when I saw that answer in the poll, I knew you had created it, before I looked at the initial post.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    i'm real on the inside.
    You're a spinning maple leaf.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've voted for "Fuck you" in every poll you've posted since I joined PPO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fuck you is winning by a landslide.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast