Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: QBs, RBs & WRs. Screw them all.

"C" wrote:
    I like watching the cheerleaders.
    Yet another reason, you don't just get the distant shot with advertisements.
    You get a roaming camera getting any angle you want.
    For an extra fee you can buy your own remote cheerleader cam.
    With the technology available today they utilize it like cavemen.
    Um, let's just shoot what we have always shot and make it come in better.
    Come on, we should get more.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You should listen to Tim Ryan do a game.
    Talks the play from the line out.

He is on a mission to get the NFL channel to give us more angles to watch the game from.
    As for me, I would love to get ahold of the overhead shots that actually show what happens during a play that includes a angle that covers all the players.

Baldy and Sharp do a great job of doing it on NFC and AFC playbooks but it isn't enough.

Love that stuff.
    Yes, some call it ok.
    I'm talking about the media, there should always be all those shots available.
    You should be able to focus in on what interests you.
    If you're interested in a particular battle on the line or want the aerial view, or you want to look at Birk's nutsack....whatever.
    The technology is there, it's time they cover the games properly.
    Gotcha.

I was thinking more along the lines of the talking heads and media hacks reporting that the masses seem to take as ground truth......
    If you had that kind of coverage and had a hack talking head you can just look it over yourself.
    The coverage now does not allow that without a lot of work and getting the correct angle on a particular block or scheme that you're checking out.
    You get some asshat like Joe Buck trying to prove his own competency all the time while the game is being played out before you with the focus on things like QBs, RBs, and WRs.
    That needs to improve.
    Agree 100 percent.

Let me take the game and break it down.
    Rewind, slow motion over and over until I see were every foot was placed, every block was made/missed etc.

HD would make it sweet to see the details.

Guy came over to the house the other day and said, "You can see the dirt coming up from thier cleats".
    Amazing.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He is on a mission to get the NFL channel to give us more angles to watch the game from.
    As for me, I would love to get ahold of the overhead shots that actually show what happens during a play that includes a angle that covers all the players.

Baldy and Sharp do a great job of doing it on NFC and AFC playbooks but it isn't enough.

Love that stuff.
    Yes, some call it ok.
    If you're interested in a particular battle on the line or want the aerial view, or you want to look at Birk's nutsack....whatever.
    Gotcha.

I was thinking more along the lines of the talking heads and media hacks reporting that the masses seem to take as ground truth......
    If you had that kind of coverage and had a hack talking head you can just look it over yourself.
    The coverage now does not allow that without a lot of work and getting the correct angle on a particular block or scheme that you're checking out.
    You get some asshat like Joe Buck trying to prove his own competency all the time while the game is being played out before you with the focus on things like QBs, RBs, and WRs.
    That needs to improve.
    Agree 100 percent.

Rewind, slow motion over and over until I see were every foot was placed, every block was made/missed etc.

Guy came over to the house the other day and said, "You can see the dirt coming up from thier cleats".
    Amazing.....

Another analyst who does a great job like Tim Ryan is Carl Banks. Not the greatest voice, but he knows the game. Sees the play coming from a mile away, and then explains what could/should have been done to defend it.

As far as video coverage, it's atrocious. It's like they have cameramen from "The Bachelorette" doing the work. They're usually looking in the wrong place.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I couldn't agree more.

It's all about the big guys up front. All guts, no glory.

Only problem is, the NFL and Media know what the majority of fans like. And the majority of fans have no idea how the game of football works and just like to see deep balls, flashy runs, end zone dances, and big hits. And that's what the NFL and the networks show to get the ratings.

Far too few people care about strategy and the way plays develop, and unfortunately us who do care don't get to view the game the way we would like to.

Possibly my biggest qualm
    with NFL broadcasts is what they choose to replay. The networks will sometimes replay trivial things, or show stupid crowd shots, instead of replaying a penalty. IMO if there is anything that needs to be replayed 100% of the time it's penalties. I can deal with not seeing a big hit, broken tackle, or a stupid celebration just a player doing his job on a play to see the penalty committed and if it was the right call.

Unfortunately, I don't see them changing the broadcasts anytime soon. If anything it will get worse.

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50071.msg893552#msg893552 date=1231359285]

Love that stuff.
    Yes, some call it ok.
    Gotcha.

That needs to improve.
    Agree 100 percent.

Amazing.....

Another analyst who does a great job like Tim Ryan is Carl Banks. Not the greatest voice, but he knows the game. Sees the play coming from a mile away, and then explains what could/should have been done to defend it.

As far as video coverage, it's atrocious. It's like they have cameramen from "The Bachelorette" doing the work. They're usually looking in the wrong place.
    [/quote]
    Haven't heard Carl.
    I will watch for him next year.
    Bob Poppa does a good job as well,
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fuck that.

I don't even want to see the players. I want to see the sky boxes. I want to see the PSL's and I want to see the
    luxury suites and the guys inside wearing their Kiton suits drinking Dom Perignon and eating caviar from the belly button of an intern. Who cares what happens on the field as long as there is an attendant to give you a breath mint as you leave the powder room.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

This is why i like the NFL network guys like rod woodson and jamie dukes. they will actually talk about the linemen and the secondary instead of just the skill positions.
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    I couldn't agree more.

Only problem is, the NFL and Media know what the majority of fans like. And the majority of fans have no idea how the game of football works and just like to see deep balls, flashy runs, end zone dances, and big hits. And that's what the NFL and the networks show to get the ratings.

Far too few people care about strategy and the way plays develop, and unfortunately us who do care don't get to view the game the way we would like to.

with NFL broadcasts is what they choose to replay. The networks will sometimes replay trivial things, or show stupid crowd shots, instead of replaying a penalty. IMO if there is anything that needs to be replayed 100% of the time it's penalties. I can deal with not seeing a big hit, broken tackle, or a stupid celebration just a player doing his job on a play to see the penalty committed and if it was the right call.

Unfortunately, I don't see them changing the broadcasts anytime soon. If anything it will get worse.
    I figured this bothered you too....athough I was hoping the poll would get you pissed off.
    I'm guessing you just went with the last option.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I couldn't agree more.

I figured this bothered you too....athough I was hoping the poll would get you pissed off.
    I'm guessing you just went with the last option.
    I didn't even read the other options.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Mr" wrote:
    I couldn't agree more.

Excellent post....

Do you get to see the re-airs on NFLN?
    They do a nice thing were as they are replaying the play the players are inserted into the screen and give commentary on what happened.
    Very nice touch.

By the way, we were this >< close to Whipeboarding some plays at the tailgate my friend.
    Maybe next year....... ;D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast