Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

QBs, RBs & WRs. Screw them all.

I get sick of discussions about the QB, RB and WRs.
    Personally, i wish they had better coverage during games and focused in more on the lines and showed what was going on with closeups, coverage, multiple angles, and analyses.

If you're interested in this aspect of the game it's an afterthought by the media.
    With today's technology the coverage could be much better.
    It has come a long way since the 60s when you get the cheap seat view on your TV set.
    There is still a long ways to go.
    HD TV does not do it, they need to completely retool the way they cover the games.
    We can still look at and analyze the play of the lines with the coverage today, but, that is not the focus of the coverage.
    There is no reason they could not cover all the intricacies of the game.

The marquee players (QB, RB, WRs) only breed an influx of incompetent fans (a new category added to the true fan debate).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: QBs, RBs & WRs. Screw them all.

You should listen to Tim Ryan do a game.
    Talks the play from the line out.

He is on a mission to get the NFL channel to give us more angles to watch the game from.
    As for me, I would love to get ahold of the overhead shots that actually show what happens during a play that includes a angle that covers all the players.

Baldy and Sharp do a great job of doing it on NFC and AFC playbooks but it isn't enough.

Love that stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

He is on a mission to get the NFL channel to give us more angles to watch the game from.
    As for me, I would love to get ahold of the overhead shots that actually show what happens during a play that includes a angle that covers all the players.

Baldy and Sharp do a great job of doing it on NFC and AFC playbooks but it isn't enough.

Love that stuff.
    Yes, some call it ok.
    I'm talking about the media, there should always be all those shots available.
    You should be able to focus in on what interests you.
    If you're interested in a particular battle on the line or want the aerial view, or you want to look at Birk's nutsack....whatever.
    The technology is there, it's time they cover the games properly.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Love that stuff.
    Yes, some call it ok.
    If you're interested in a particular battle on the line or want the aerial view, or you want to look at Birk's nutsack....whatever.
    Gotcha.

I was thinking more along the lines of the talking heads and media hacks reporting that the masses seem to take as ground truth......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Personally, i wish they had better coverage during games and focused in more on the lines and showed what was going on with closeups, coverage, multiple angles, and analyses.

If you're interested in this aspect of the game it's an afterthought by the media.
    It has come a long way since the 60s when you get the cheap seat view on your TV set.
    HD TV does not do it, they need to completely retool the way they cover the games.
    We can still look at and analyze the play of the lines with the coverage today, but, that is not the focus of the coverage.

The marquee players (QB, RB, WRs) only breed an influx of incompetent fans (a new category added to the true fan debate).
    Waaaaaaa.
    Sitting in my seat in the Dome, I can watch whatever I want to watch.

Guess what I voted for in your "poll".

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Love that stuff.
    Yes, some call it ok.
    Gotcha.

I was thinking more along the lines of the talking heads and media hacks reporting that the masses seem to take as ground truth......
    If you had that kind of coverage and had a hack talking head you can just look it over yourself.
    The coverage now does not allow that without a lot of work and getting the correct angle on a particular block or scheme that you're checking out.
    You get some asshat like Joe Buck trying to prove his own competency all the time while the game is being played out before you with the focus on things like QBs, RBs, and WRs.
    That needs to improve.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Waaaaaaa.

=Z=
    Bullshit, you missed the point.
    Sitting at a game live you cannot get the resolution that I'm talking about.
    I'm talking about focusing in on the intricacies of the game and having the opportunity to look into specific plays, faces, pulls, everything.
    Not some asshat drinking 3/2 beer and spitting up on fans 6 rows in front of him.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Waaaaaaa.

I'm talking about focusing in on the intricacies of the game and having the opportunity to look into specific plays, faces, pulls, everything.
    Not some asshat drinking 3/2 beer and spitting up on fans 6 rows in front of him.
    I didn't miss the point at all.
    Some Sally is whining because he doesn't get the kind of coverage on his 60-inch HDTV that he needs from his comfy couch seat a gajillion miles away from the action.

Perhaps you'd like Fox to send a hooker over to your house to blow you while you dissect line play?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Waaaaaaa.

I didn't miss the point at all.
    Some Sally is whining because he doesn't get the kind of coverage on his 60-inch HDTV that he needs from his comfy couch seat a gajillion miles away from the action.

Perhaps you'd like Fox to send a hooker over to your house to blow you while you dissect line play?

=Z=
    The coverage is atrocious.
    The HD TV is nothing, just being able to see shitty coverage better.
    They focus on the macro aspects of the game and rarely focus on where the real action is, the lines.
    I can get one of singer's usb port attachments if I only had better coverage.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I like watching the cheerleaders.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast