Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

QB-ready teams can handle long lockout

The NFL long has been a quarterback-dominated league.

But quarterbacks will be more important than ever in 2011 if a protracted labor stoppage wipes out offseason workouts or encroaches on training camps.
    QB-ready teams can handle long lockout
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: QB-ready teams can handle long lockout

It's a good time to have a proven QB
    Claytons article mentioned in the article above.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Seriously- When is it a bad time to have a proven QB?

I mean other than when you hold on to him a year longer than his body can take?

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091324
    Seriously- When is it a bad time to have a proven QB?

I mean other than when you hold on to him a year longer than his body can take?
    I think the point is that teams without one will have to work in the following way (if the CBA gets done late):

a. Draftees won't be able to be brought in and worked early into the process/scheme.

b. Vets. Deals won't be able to be worked until late, which will inturn delay that vets arrival and start into the process/scheme.

We all saw what happens when a staff can't get a QB into the mix as early as possible when it comes to team cohesiveness.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

This is true about EVERY season...not just CBA affected ones. QB ready teams are, as stated, QB ready. Others are not. And, as has been said over and over, it often takes more than 1 season to get a QB ready.

So, in all sincerity, this article is simply another person stating the obvious.

Kind of like saying that teams that are play-off ready have an advantage over teams that aren't.

DUH!!

Caine

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

That's it. Get the plane ready for Hutch, Allen and Longwell to fly to MS.

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091334
    This is true about EVERY season...not just CBA affected ones. QB ready teams are, as stated, QB ready. Others are not. And, as has been said over and over, it often takes more than 1 season to get a QB ready.

So, in all sincerity, this article is simply another person stating the obvious.

Kind of like saying that teams that are play-off ready have an advantage over teams that aren't.

DUH!!

Caine
    I guess you missed the whole point about a shortened time to get ready.

Lets say for instance the Vikes somehow wind up and land Peyton. You don't think that would qualify them as having solved their QB problem?

Truth of the matter, it would be a resounding YES. But they would be behind the 8 ball cause Peyton wouldn't have the normal alloted time to get to know his team.

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1091335
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    I can think of a few words for you but they would probably get me banned, or atleast green dotted again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091358
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1091335
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    I can think of a few words for you but they would probably get me banned, or atleast green dotted again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    LOL. I wasn wondering how you would respond.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091357
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091334

DUH!!

Caine
    I guess you missed the whole point about a shortened time to get ready.

Lets say for instance the Vikes somehow wind up and land Peyton. You don't think that would qualify them as having solved their QB problem?

Truth of the matter, it would be a resounding YES. But they would be behind the 8 ball cause Peyton wouldn't have the normal alloted time to get to know his team.
    Yet Favre, with ZERO prep time, blew the doors off in '09, proving that the off season prep time isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure, he tanked in '10, but that only proves that you can't do it all the time, not that it can't be done.

Again, less prep time is a "DUH" story...but the truth is that no matter who we get this year, our problems are a lot deeper than just the QB issue. And I don't expect a miracle in '11, even if they came to terms TODAY.

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast