5) Ben Roethlisberger
    6) Aaron Rodgers
    7) Phillip Rivers
    8) Eli Manning
    9) Tony Romo
    10)Donovan McNabb
    Wow ... why so low on Rivers?
    Because the other guys are better.

There's only two guys above him without a Super Bowl ring. One of which is Brees who is clearly a better QB. The other being Aaron Rodgers who I like better. He delivers the ball faster, is more accurate, and really outperformed Rivers in the playoffs. Rivers has made the playoffs 4 years in a row, he's thrown more INTs than TDs in those 4 years. He's a punk who runs his mouth. But that's not why I put him where I did. The other guys are just better quarterbacks.
    It is tough to argue against the rings, but if rings are so important, then Roethlisberger has to be No. 3 right?
    Rivers has done just as well as Rodgers in the playoffs, he has 3 playoff wins ... Rodgers has zero. Yes, Rivers has had a couple of tough playoff games, but they are the playoffs. I have a tough time looking at their numbers and their win-loss percentage and making any case for Rodgers over Rivers.
    Rivers is kind of a punk though. I can definitely agree with that.
    I'm not going by just rings for the ranking above him, or Brady would be #1.

Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the league, I don't think there's any questioning that anymore. If he wins on Sunday, he's probably the best ever.

Roethlisberger isn't on the same level as the guys above him as a passer. Favre, Manning, Brady, and Brees all get rid of the ball fast, put it exactly where it needs to be, and besides Favre(Excluding most of this season) make good decisions with the football. Roethlisberger holds onto the ball forever, doesn't make many plays from the pocket, and has had an incredible defense to rely on his entire career. There's no doubt the guy can play ball, but his rings alone don't put him above Brees and Favre in my book.
    Gotta disagree with a couple of your rankings.

Rothlesburger is better than Rodgers? Rothlisburger has only thrown over 4,000 yards once in his career (2009). Rodgers has done it twice in a two year career.

Rothlisburger has struggled to throw over 20 TDs almost every season, only surpassing it twice in a 6 year career. Rodgers has thrown well over 20 in both of his first two seasons as starter.

Rothlisburger's career QB rating is 91.7. Rodgers' career QB rating is 97.2.

Oh... Rodgers also has about 1/2 as many completions in two years as Rothlesburger has his entire 6-year career.

You can point to Rothlisburger's two rings, but that doesn't really reflect who is a better QB.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Re:The PurplePride Top 10: Quarterbacks

C Mac D wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    1) Peyton Manning
    2) Tom Brady
    3) Drew Brees
    4) Brett Favre
    5) Ben Roethlisberger
    6) Aaron Rodgers
    7) Phillip Rivers
    8) Eli Manning
    9) Tony Romo
    10)Donovan McNabb

There's only two guys above him without a Super Bowl ring. One of which is Brees who is clearly a better QB. The other being Aaron Rodgers who I like better. He delivers the ball faster, is more accurate, and really outperformed Rivers in the playoffs. Rivers has made the playoffs 4 years in a row, he's thrown more INTs than TDs in those 4 years. He's a punk who runs his mouth. But that's not why I put him where I did. The other guys are just better quarterbacks.
    It is tough to argue against the rings, but if rings are so important, then Roethlisberger has to be No. 3 right?
    Rivers has done just as well as Rodgers in the playoffs, he has 3 playoff wins ... Rodgers has zero. Yes, Rivers has had a couple of tough playoff games, but they are the playoffs. I have a tough time looking at their numbers and their win-loss percentage and making any case for Rodgers over Rivers.

Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the league, I don't think there's any questioning that anymore. If he wins on Sunday, he's probably the best ever.

Roethlisberger isn't on the same level as the guys above him as a passer. Favre, Manning, Brady, and Brees all get rid of the ball fast, put it exactly where it needs to be, and besides Favre(Excluding most of this season) make good decisions with the football. Roethlisberger holds onto the ball forever, doesn't make many plays from the pocket, and has had an incredible defense to rely on his entire career. There's no doubt the guy can play ball, but his rings alone don't put him above Brees and Favre in my book.

Rothlesburger is better than Rodgers? Rothlisburger has only thrown over 4,000 yards once in his career (2009). Rodgers has done it twice in a two year career.

Rothlisburger has struggled to throw over 20 TDs almost every season, only surpassing it twice in a 6 year career. Rodgers has thrown well over 20 in both of his first two seasons as starter.

Oh... Rodgers also has about 1/2 as many completions in two years as Rothlesburger has his entire 6-year career.

You can point to Rothlisburger's two rings, but that doesn't really reflect who is a better QB.
    Fair arguments no doubt. And it definitely is murky, which is what makes this fun.

Roethlisberger simply is a winner. He goes out and wins football games. The difference in rating is pretty negligible right now as Rodgers has not had that "tough season" yet to bring his down. Roethlisberger has.

Rodgers is a stat guy for sure, but in that case ... you would have to shoot Romo WAY up this list because he numbers are great and he wins.

Everyone has their own criteria. I would find it very difficult to take Rodgers over Roethlisberger if I had to win a game tomorrow.
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Screw it, too difficult for me.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Midge Resurrected wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    1) Peyton Manning
    2) Tom Brady
    3) Drew Brees
    4) Brett Favre
    5) Ben Roethlisberger
    6) Aaron Rodgers
    7) Phillip Rivers
    8) Eli Manning
    9) Tony Romo
    10)Donovan McNabb

Fair arguments no doubt. And it definitely is murky, which is what makes this fun.

Roethlisberger simply is a winner. He goes out and wins football games. The difference in rating is pretty negligible right now as Rodgers has not had that "tough season" yet to bring his down. Roethlisberger has.

Rodgers is a stat guy for sure, but in that case ... you would have to shoot Romo WAY up this list because he numbers are great and he wins.

Everyone has their own criteria. I would find it very difficult to take Rodgers over Roethlisberger if I had to win a game tomorrow.
    This is too civilized.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Screw it, too difficult for me.
    Lol it is pretty tough ... but wait until we do receievers ... then it gets REALLY tough.
    None

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    1) Peyton Manning
    2) Tom Brady
    3) Drew Brees
    4) Brett Favre
    5) Ben Roethlisberger
    6) Aaron Rodgers
    7) Phillip Rivers
    8) Eli Manning
    9) Tony Romo
    10)Donovan McNabb

This is too civilized.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Hell it is civilized ... even with a C Mac post in it! :laugh:
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The PurplePride Top 10: Quarterbacks

gregair13 wrote:
    P. Manning
    Brees
    Rivers
    Brady
    Favre
    Rodgers
    Romo
    Ryan
    Big Ben
    Mcnabb
    I am going to expand on this.

Everyone better have Peyton, Brees, Rivers, Brady, and Favre on their list. If you don't, something is seriously wrong. So no need to talk about them.

Seems as though the topic seems to have a combo of the following QBs: Rodgers, Romo, Big Ben, McNabb, Eli, Schaub.
    The only others that should even be considered for this list are: Stafford, Ryan, Cutler, Sanchez, Palmer, Young.

So really, we have 12 guys for 5 spots. For me, lets eliminate the following:
    - Cutler (too many ints), Sanchez (rookie), Young (only wins, not a passer), Stafford (rookie).
    - Palmer should be in the top 15, but did not get it done in the playoffs and still is not living up to the hype he had out of the draft.
    - Eli does have a superbowl, but the running game, defence, and one random play that will never happen again got him there. He throws was too many ints, and is a garbage player.

So now we are at 6: Rodgers, Romo, Big Ben, McNabb, Schaub, Ryan. Now is Favre was to retire, the top 10 would be made, but since he isn't, we have to cut one of these players.
    - Big Ben is top 10 because of the Superbowls, and having 4th quarter comebacks. A leader and great passer.
    - Romo, McNabb, Rodgers may not have won anything yet, but they belong in the top 10 for the numbers they put up and the amount of games they win.
    - That leaves Ryan or Schuab to round out this top 10. Now I originally put in Ryan, but after discussing this with myself, I have made a mistake. Schuab belongs in the top 10. He has more experience than Ryan and Schuab crushed it this year. Made the pro bowl, lead the league in passing yards and did it without much of a running game. Once Turner got hurt, the falcons sucked this year.

So my updated list:

1: Peyton Manning
    2. Brees
    3. Favre
    4. Brady
    5. Rivers
    6. Big Ben
    7. McNabb
    8. Romo
    9. Rodgers
    10. Schaub.
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple1ist is offline Waterboy

I think brain overload has affected me already with this topic, so please dont do WRs I will crash + burn!

Is the basis for the Top 10, this season? or quarterbacks still active over many seasons?

Either way Warner ranks when fit, but IMO

As a QB:

1. Favre (beats all as an immediate HOF entrant)
    2. Brady
    3. Peyton (only higher if he wins this weekend!)
    Wait...
    starting to overload again!!!!
    None

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

1. Tarvaris Jackson
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Aaron Rodgers
    5. Phillip Rivers
    6. Tom Brady
    7. Brett Favre
    8. Big Ben
    9. McNabb
    10 Romo
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Very tough to rank but it feels good to finally have a QB in the top 5.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast