Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Proof: Young's wonderlic score is meaningless.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Screw Vince Young!!!

I second that, but he will be good for them..
    I bet he'll be fun to watch
    Yeah...fun to watch him throw it to the other team...just like Lord Favre! :lol:
    Could be...I hope so. He'll either try running around and get creamed a lot, or attempt to make a read (as his coaches will teach him), only to throw many INTs. :lol: As I've said before, watching other teams fail miserably is ALMOST as exciting as watching the Vikes dominate.

ALMOST is probably a stretch, as nothing comes close to watching the vikes win, but I think you get what I'm saying.

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

I see him having more success than Leinart. He seems to have his head on straight and to have more character than Leinart. I can easily see Leinart getting caught up in the celebrity lifestyle and start to lose focus (although he handled it pretty well at USC).

Prophet Guest

I was concerned about Young being Ron Mexicoesque in his QBing skills. According to Chow he is actually a QB that is an athlete. The opposite is true with Ron, he is an athlete pretending to be a QB.

I agree, he will be fun to watch.

=====================

KFFL
    Titans | Chow discusses V. Young's progress
    Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:09:22 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow believes QB Vince Young has made monumental strides over the team's May and June minicamps. Chow said, "He is every bit the athlete you thought he was, but he has some good quarterback skills as well. The thing about Vince is he's not an athlete playing quarterback. He is a quarterback who is a good athlete. There is a big difference."

KFFL
    Titans | Chow cleared air with V. Young after draft
    Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:09:05 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow cleared the air with QB Vince Young after the draft. Chow wanted the team to draft QB Matt Leinart, who he was more familiar with and was picked by the Arizona Cardinals. Chow said, "We both understood the situation. We talked about it. I wasn't sitting around here pining away for Matt, but if we had to choose he was the one because I knew him better. Vince understood that. It wasn't a big deal for either of us and we got started."

TATEone is offline Starter

"Prophet" wrote:

Offensive coordinator Norm Chow tells Vince Young: "Son, the facemask goes in the front."
    [size=9px]pft.com[/size]
    Damn that made me laugh out loud at the office :lol:
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

I like how chow said "but he has SOME quarterback skills too"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I'm cheering for Vince Young all the way! I can't hate on anybody that dominates USC. Besides, it's tough to have the weight of a whole franchise on your shoulders. I hope he perserveres through and gives them the franchise QB that they need.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

I didn't see much of him in college. I watched this years Rose Bowl though, and watching him win the game for Texas was nothing short of amazing. The big question is will this crap work in the NFL. Mr. Mexico would say it does.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

he was a good player in college but i doubt he'll have a succesful NFL career for a #3 pick. or a first round player for that matter.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I was concerned about Young being Ron Mexicoesque in his QBing skills. According to Chow he is actually a QB that is an athlete. The opposite is true with Ron, he is an athlete pretending to be a QB.

I agree, he will be fun to watch.

=====================

KFFL
    Titans | Chow discusses V. Young's progress
    Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:09:22 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow believes QB Vince Young has made monumental strides over the team's May and June minicamps. Chow said, "He is every bit the athlete you thought he was, but he has some good quarterback skills as well. The thing about Vince is he's not an athlete playing quarterback. He is a quarterback who is a good athlete. There is a big difference."

KFFL
    Titans | Chow cleared air with V. Young after draft
    Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:09:05 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow cleared the air with QB Vince Young after the draft. Chow wanted the team to draft QB Matt Leinart, who he was more familiar with and was picked by the Arizona Cardinals. Chow said, "We both understood the situation. We talked about it. I wasn't sitting around here pining away for Matt, but if we had to choose he was the one because I knew him better. Vince understood that. It wasn't a big deal for either of us and we got started."
    Sounds like Chow is working on his "Butt-derlick" score! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Young is going to be good. But I still like Volek.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast