Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Projections for 2006 season.

i can almost totally agree with that except for the rushin td's and yards part
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Prophet Guest

I'm not surprise by the rankings. I am thrilled that none of our boys made any of these lists. Stay off the radar. It is always better to be underestimated.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Prediction: The Vikings will surprise EVERYONE and make it deep into the playoffs! YEAH!!!!
    I agree Cajun. Nobody can pick us for anything because we have a new team that has no history. New coaches, new WC offense, new players, new ownership. What I find interesting is that Brad Johnson is in the top 10 in QB ratings and stats. The only hit against him is he is 38. Last year he was 37 and went 7-2 with a crappy line and crappy coaches. In a WC offense BJ is going to rack up a lot of yards passing this year and I think will be in the top 5 in QB ratings. With the O-line we have this year BJ is going to kick ass. He is accurate, can read the D, and gets rid of the ball quickly and makes very few mistakes. If our D can pull it together this year we will win our division I think.

WWBGD

WOW!! Someone there is a packer fan!!! I can't beleive they think Favre can turn around that team!!! New coach, and they still have sucky players, i don't see how they can turn it around!!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Prophet Guest

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    WOW!! Someone there is a packer fan!!! I can't beleive they think Favre can turn around that team!!! New coach, and they still have sucky players, i don't see how they can turn it around!!!!
    True, but this is a tough stat to ignore:

He's ranked in the Top 10 in passing touchdowns in 14 consecutive seasons.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    i wouldn't be giving us much love either. i mean Brad Johnson will never be a top 15 QB in the leage again. he won't throw close to 4000 yards any time soon. Chester Taylor is unproven, and has aparantly bad work ethic, so why pick him over some players who have proven to be 1000 yard backs? i'm really not surprised by this at all.
    THat is true, but Brad Johnson is a HELL of a lot better than David Carr.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    the only places i see him taking, is either Julius JOnes, or Ronnie Brown. but Ronnie brown had 907 yards and split time with Ricky Williams, so had he been a full time back he probably would have gotten over 1100 yards. and as long as JJones stays healthy he's a lock for 1000 yards.

there are a lot of good backs there and I can not honestly say that Taylor WILL do good enough to be in the top 15. don't get me wrong, i think its very possible with the good line we've got and his talent.
    62.5 yards/game over 16 games will get you 1000 yards. Hardly a proper yardstick for greatness.

1500 yards is the new 1000, IMHO. And I can see a Vikings back - whoever it is - get that if he can stay healthy for the whole season and the offense commits to run the ball.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

"Williamson8211" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    i wouldn't be giving us much love either. i mean Brad Johnson will never be a top 15 QB in the leage again. he won't throw close to 4000 yards any time soon. Chester Taylor is unproven, and has aparantly bad work ethic, so why pick him over some players who have proven to be 1000 yard backs? i'm really not surprised by this at all.
    THat is true, but Brad Johnson is a HELL of a lot better than David Carr.
    oh yeah brad is waaayy bette than david carr i 100% agree with you on that one
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

The introduction of Scott Linehan as head coach portends to a shift in offensive philosophy to feature his power running back.

Coach Scott Linehan is a believer in the value of the power back system, having employed it to perfection last season with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams in Miami.
    huh?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12