Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Pro Football Weekly NFC Preview

[size=13pt]Gonzo Reads Magazines - Pro Football Weekly NFL Preview[/size]

by Gonzo on May 31, 2008 11:15 AM CDT
    dailynorseman.com

Well, it's the last day of May, and you know what that means.
    Obviously, it means that the first NFL preview issues of the season are hitting a newsstand near you!
    Honestly, I keep joking about this happening earlier every single year, and yet every single year. . .it keeps happening earlier.
    But hey, it gives us something to discuss, so let's do that....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Pro Football Weekly NFC Preview

Very interesting read. Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Our WRs, CBs, and QB get no love. Looking forward to them shutting these guys up this year.

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni

Go Get em Gonzo!!!

As far as the rest of the depth chart. . .Aaron Rodgers has no NFL starting experience, and has played against largely prevent defenses in the games he has played.
    If he goes out and throws a boneheaded pass, he gets to go back to the bench, as most quarterbacks do, and discuss it with his backup.
    Oh, his backup just happens to be a rookie that's never seen an NFL defense before.
    And the guy that's backing up THAT rookie?
    Also a rookie.
    But, apparently, having three guys with a combined zero NFL starts and about 7 quarters of NFL game experience gives you a better quarterback situation than a team with guy that actually has 16 games of starting experience in the NFL and a 15-year NFL vet backing him up.
    Please.
    The Vikings might not have the best QB situation in the NFC North or anything, but it's certainly no worse than the team that, according to these rankings, has the best one.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Go Get em Gonzo!!!

As far as the rest of the depth chart. . .Aaron Rodgers has no NFL starting experience, and has played against largely prevent defenses in the games he has played.
    If he goes out and throws a boneheaded pass, he gets to go back to the bench, as most quarterbacks do, and discuss it with his backup.
    Oh, his backup just happens to be a rookie that's never seen an NFL defense before.
    Also a rookie.
    But, apparently, having three guys with a combined zero NFL starts and about 7 quarters of NFL game experience gives you a better quarterback situation than a team with guy that actually has 16 games of starting experience in the NFL and a 15-year NFL vet backing him up.
    Please.
    The Vikings might not have the best QB situation in the NFC North or anything, but it's certainly no worse than the team that, according to these rankings, has the best one.
    I actually don't mind the ranking of TJack the lowest.
    Can we say that Rodgers is better right now?
    Of course not, because he hasn't played enough to know.
    But if you had to bet $1 million on a starting QB in the NFC North, which one would you choose?
    Personally while I think that TJack had better potential than the other three, I can accept the fact that right now he is also the biggest risk.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Go Get em Gonzo!!!

Also a rookie.
    Please.
    I actually don't mind the ranking of TJack the lowest.
    Can we say that Rodgers is better right now?
    Of course not, because he hasn't played enough to know.
    But if you had to bet $1 million on a starting QB in the NFC North, which one would you choose?
    Personally while I think that TJack had better potential than the other three, I can accept the fact that right now he is also the biggest risk.
    To tell you the truth I would bet it on TJ. Ryan Grant does not have Favre and will not be as effective. That will hurt Rodgers. He will not be feared like Favre. Plus Allen might injure him that game since it seems he is injury prone. Then Brohm will come in and the sniffers on this site will get a woody. Rodgers might have a better year yardage wise but look for TJ to be the best in the NFC where it counts. Completion percentage and wins.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's some sort of typo or what, but I'm not sure how PFW has the Vikings AND Bears listed with better odds to win the Super Bowl than Green Bay, yet still have Green Bay winning the division.
    yes that is interesting. and i think we should have better odds of winning the superbowl than the bears.

and having allen ranked 5th on the scale is pretty cool. not sure if he is the 5th best player in the league, but hey they them think that
    We're bringing purple back.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

gb 9-7
    minny 8-8
    chi-7-9
    det 5-11

UM NO SIR
    MORE LIKE

GB- 8-8
    MINNY-10-6
    DET-6-10
    CHI 5-11

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Ryan Grant better hope he gets that big new contract here soon, because he's going to take a serious thumping in 2008
    HA

EJ Henderson...number 19 MLB? uh no

Winfield #10, Charles Woodson #11, Al Harris #12 (suck it, Woodson and Harris),
    HAHAHAHAH

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I take offense that they gave GB's rushing game a B, with Ryan Grant only ranked the #20 RB in the game, yet Minnesota's SECOND RB is just 9 spots lower than Grant (of course, the A earned by the Vikes is probably based on Peterson being at #3).
    There should be a much larger disparity between GB and MN given that the Vikes have TWO RBs in the top 30 vs. Grant alone at #20.

Also, the D+ given to TJack is just ridiculous...how is Grossman considered any better than TJack given that Grossman no longer has Berrian to throw to (and TJack now does).
    That change alone makes Grossman worse and TJack better than last year (since QBs can't throw to themselves).

Finally, the DB rankings are somewhat suspect, given that Sharper was a Pro Bowler last year (and Winfield should have been as well).
    Not sure about it, but did GB have ANY DBs in the Pro Bowl last year?
    If not, then the rankings are obviously based on past reputation and not next season's anticipated performance.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast