Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,460

    Pro Bowl stupidity

    I can not believe they are going to play the Pro Bowl in the week before the Super Bowl. What a bone head NFL decision. What team going to the Super Bowl is going to want its players risking injury in the Pro Bowl a week before the Super Bowl. Not to mention taking off the time to go play it when they need to be preparing for the biggest game of the year. The commissioner needs to have his head examined. The only reason they are doing this, I think, is because the NFL can make a little more revenue on TV coverage because after the Super Bowl not that many people watch the Pro Bowl. Its just about the NFL making a few more dollars. Its just plain stupid.

    The Vikes have 8 people going this year. Do we want eight of our star players risking injury before the Super Bowl if we get that far? I am surprised coaches and owners are not calling for the commissioners head. He obviously doesn't seem to realize its all about the Super Bowl. The Pro Bowl is a meaningless game.


    What an idiot.

    WWBGD

  2. #2
    IMissCris is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    59

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    Though I haven't heard any official word, I would imagine that players from the 2 SB teams won't be playing in the Pro Bowl for the exact reasons you just outlined.

  3. #3
    KrackerJack's Avatar
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,502

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    The players from the Super Bowl teams will not be participating in the pro bowl. I read somewhere that they'll just be introduced... I'll try to find a link.

    Edit: Pretty old article, but the quoted part should be accurate.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3798734

    The league's plan is for players on the AFC and NFC championship squads not to take part in the Pro Bowl.

  4. #4
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,460

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    Ahhh so they have found a way to make the pro bowl even more meaningless by having many of the biggest stars of the year not play. Brilliant.. :laugh:

    WWBGD

  5. #5
    KrackerJack's Avatar
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,502

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    RK. wrote:
    Ahhh so they have found a way to make the pro bowl even more meaningless by having many of the biggest stars of the year not play. Brilliant.. :laugh:
    Exactly. Lol.

  6. #6
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    Think of the guys that have worked their ass off for years and make it for their first time this year to the probowl...it's where? Fucking Miami? I thought I was going to Hawaii? There is often a lag time between when the nonWR, QB, RBs that are deserving to go and when they get to go because there aren't many people that can name the starting o and d-lines for every team, the TEs for a team with a losing record, etc. However, I think fantasy football has made many fans more aware of the productivity of a wider array of players. That being said, the probowl is a joke.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    Prophet wrote:
    Think of the guys that have worked their ass off for years and make it for their first time this year to the probowl...it's where? Fucking Miami? I thought I was going to Hawaii? There is often a lag time between when the nonWR, QB, RBs that are deserving to go and when they get to go because there aren't many people that can name the starting o and d-lines for every team, the TEs for a team with a losing record, etc. However, I think fantasy football has made many fans more aware of the productivity of a wider array of players. That being said, the probowl is a joke.
    Think of how Sidney Rice feels. Makes his first probowl and can't even play because he will be resting up for the superbowl...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    RK. wrote:
    Ahhh so they have found a way to make the pro bowl even more meaningless by having many of the biggest stars of the year not play. Brilliant.. :laugh:
    +1,

    Originally I liked the idea, it's a very boring 2 weeks before the superbowl. Now that I think about it though I'm wondering how many stars will be out. The 2 superbowl teams for sure, but probably the other 2 teams from the conference championship. Players usually only play the pro-bowl if they are 100%, very few players are 100% immediately following a long season.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    Been a sham for alot of years.

    I was listening to a talking head (not sure who) last week and he threw out a number (12) that didn't come last year. Said that number was better than the 19 who didn't come a few years before that.

    Not sure how accurate that was but I do know that alot of players don't even bother to show up even when it was in HI.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re:Pro Bowl stupidity

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Think of the guys that have worked their ass off for years and make it for their first time this year to the probowl...it's where? Fucking Miami? I thought I was going to Hawaii? There is often a lag time between when the nonWR, QB, RBs that are deserving to go and when they get to go because there aren't many people that can name the starting o and d-lines for every team, the TEs for a team with a losing record, etc. However, I think fantasy football has made many fans more aware of the productivity of a wider array of players. That being said, the probowl is a joke.
    Think of how Sidney Rice feels. Makes his first probowl and can't even play because he will be resting up for the superbowl...

    Poor Sidney. Oh well, that's life.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Blue Dot of Stupidity
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Post Wasteland
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
  2. When will the stupidity end?
    By Caine in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
  3. compassion or stupidity?
    By Bkfldviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
  4. packer fans stupidity
    By davike in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 06:15 PM
  5. ANOTHER example of Sconnie stupidity
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 09:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •