Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pro Bowl no longer played in Hawaii as of 2010

hope this "report" is false, this is absolutely stupid

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    played one week before the SB??? What a joke.
    The game is already a joke, there is no way that any player playing in the SB is going to risk injury in that game.
    That is exactly what I said when I heard this.
    It makes no sense.
    Why would they do it one game before the superbowl.
    What player that makes the probowl would want to play if he has the superbowl to worry about?
    What coach would let them play in the probowl if it is before the superbowl.
    That is the most stupid decision made by the NFL in a long time.
    I'm sure Goodell had something to do with it as it would have to run by him.
    What an asschunk!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The game is already a joke, there is no way that any player playing in the SB is going to risk injury in that game.
    It makes no sense.
    What player that makes the probowl would want to play if he has the superbowl to worry about?
    What an asschunk!
    Okay - wow.

FIRST OFF - there's no freaking way the owners will let SUPER BOWL BOUND PLAYERS play in a Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl.
    So everyone just needs to take a deep breath on that one.

SECOND - blaming Goodell (as everyone wants to do for everything) is ludicrous.
    Moving the game from Hawaii to the site of the Super Bowl is about one thing and ONE THING only - money.
    Money for the town hosting the Super Bowl (an extra game!), money for the league (something to do during the down week before the real action kicks in), money for the owners (increased bidding fees, better TV deal for this game), etc.

I guaran-damn-tee you that the driving force behind this move is Jerry Freaking Jones.
    He is envisioning his new super stadium being filled TWICE when the host the Super Bowl (2011?) and counting the dollar signs.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    It makes no sense.
    What an asschunk!
    Okay - wow.

FIRST OFF - there's no freaking way the owners will let SUPER BOWL BOUND PLAYERS play in a Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl.

Moving the game from Hawaii to the site of the Super Bowl is about one thing and ONE THING only - money.
    Money for the town hosting the Super Bowl (an extra game!), money for the league (something to do during the down week before the real action kicks in), money for the owners (increased bidding fees, better TV deal for this game), etc.

I guaran-damn-tee you that the driving force behind this move is Jerry Freaking Jones.
    He is envisioning his new super stadium being filled TWICE when the host the Super Bowl (2011?) and counting the dollar signs.

=Z=
    Of course there is no way that a SB player is playing in the probowl with the new format.

Yes, it is about money and it will bring a shitload of money into the city hosting the SB.
    It would sound much more reasonable if it was the week after the SB.
    The prowbowl sucks anyway, but, it makes me wonder how happy the folks on the islands are about this decision.

My buddy in Hawaii that always brags about going to the probowl every year can now go back to paying Samoans to harvest coconuts so he can use them for a mixer with the cheap-ass rum he drinks.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    It makes no sense.
    What an asschunk!
    Okay - wow.

Of course there is no way that a SB player is playing in the probowl with the new format.

Yes, it is about money and it will bring a shitload of money into the city hosting the SB.
    The prowbowl sucks anyway, but, it makes me wonder how happy the folks on the islands are about this decision.

My buddy in Hawaii that always brags about going to the probowl every year can now go back to paying Samoans to harvest coconuts so he can use them for a mixer with the cheap-ass rum he drinks.
    Does he send you fresh cocoa butter to rub on your taint?

=Z=

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    It makes no sense.
    What an asschunk!
    Okay - wow.

=Z=

I agree its about the money and I for one welcome it since I live in the Miami area.
    However, how can you say this isn't partly Goodell's choice?
    He is the Commissioner that would make the final decision on this.
    If this is Jerry Jones' decision then Goodell should tell Jones to kiss his ass on this.
    This makes no sense and it is a stupid decision.
    Yes I would blame Goodell just like I would blame him for many of HIS decisions.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    It makes no sense.
    What an asschunk!
    Okay - wow.

Does he send you fresh cocoa butter to rub on your taint?

=Z=
    I would rather drink taint infested coco butter in my drink than the crappy rum he drinks.
    I have to call him and laugh that he can't go to the probowl anymore.
    He's shutout on attending anything related to the NFL in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
    Maybe he'll have time now to develop leather foot so he can harvest the coconuts himself.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"ejmat" wrote:
    I agree its about the money and I for one welcome it since I live in the Miami area.
    If this is Jerry Jones' decision then Goodell should tell Jones to kiss his ass on this.
    Yes I would blame Goodell just like I would blame him for many of HIS decisions.
    Goodell works for the owners.
    Never ever ever forget that.
    They can fire him any time they want.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Goodell works for the owners.
    Never ever ever forget that.
    They can fire him any time they want.

=Z=
    Good point and I hope they do fire him soon.
    But still, this is an assinine decision made tby the Commissioner regardless of who fueled it.
    If it was in fact Jones, I wonder how he would feel if Dallas made the superbowl and players such as Romo, Owens, Ware played in the probowl and got hurt.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Just more evidence that proves this thing is a joke.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast