Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Bowl

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Pro Bowl

Apparently starting next year the Pro Bowl will be moved to the week between the Championship games and the SB

Will that be a good thing? My guess is not too many players who will be in the SB will participate and the ones who lose in the Championship games will be too beat up.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Pro Bowl

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Apparently starting next year the Pro Bowl will be moved to the week between the Championship games and the SB

Will that be a good thing? My guess is not too many players who will be in the SB will participate and the ones who lose in the Championship games will be too beat up.

I don't care for the idea myself. There is always the the risk of injury to key players that would be playing in the SB.

As it stands now, you still have players that played in the SB, that will be too beat up to play in the Pro Bowl, but at least they know after that game is over, they won't be playing in the SB a week later.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Report: 2010 Pro Bowl to be played in Miami before Super Bowl[/size]

Updated: December 29, 2008, 11:25 PM ET

Associated Press

MIAMI -- The Pro Bowl will be played one week before the Super Bowl in 2010 and both games will be staged in Dolphin Stadium, a person directly involved in the decision told The Associated Press on Monday....

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

This idea makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    Why would you put it before the SB so that none of the SB players can play, or for some crazy reason if they play, wear them out for the SB or even risk injury.
    This is one of the worst ideas the NFL has come with in a while.
    And taking it out of Honolulu possibly...r u on crack Goodell?
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I don't care for the idea myself. There is always the the risk of injury to key players that would be playing in the SB.

As it stands now, you still have players that played in the SB, that will be too beat up to play in the Pro Bowl, but at least they know after that game is over, they won't be playing in the SB a week later.

It's a horrible idea. I'm not a big fan of the game itself...I'd just as soon have the players recognized for their All-Pro achievements and not even have a game. IMO, the best part of any "all-star" game is the opening introductions. I could not care less if they had a parade or an arm-wrestling match afterward.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingLance is offline Starter

It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

If the NFL makes more money having it the week before the Super Bowl, they'll continue to do so.

[size=13pt]So Long, Hawaii?[/size]

2/5/2009

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

At the conclusion of this Sunday’s Pro Bowl, the NFL will say “aloha” to the 2008 season. The league will also say “aloha” to the concept of playing its all-star game in Hawaii, for a little while at least....

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

It must be part of Obama's stimulus package. It's as stupid as the other pork in there.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Another reason they should get rid of Goodell.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I like the pro bowl after the superbowl because it is a celebration week for the champions as well as all the players who get to go.
    Before the superbowl, at the superbowl site, kind of makes sense, but it would kind of be a rush job i think. the whole point of it being in hawaii, after the superbowl, is to allow the players to go and just enjoy the week and not worry about real football. its like the alst get together at the end of the season before players go their seperate ways into the offseason. like the final party at the end of summer camp.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast