Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Bowl

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Pro Bowl

The pathetic Pro Bowl is almost upon us.
    I might go bowling with a holeless ball instead of watching it.

Check out this article about Chad Johnson and his celebration plans.
    ;D
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pro Bowl

"Prophet" wrote:
    The pathetic Pro Bowl is almost upon us.
    I might go bowling with a holeless ball instead of watching it.

Check out this article about Chad Johnson and his celebration plans.
    ;D
    The Chad Johnson thing should have had its own thread, bruddah!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Yeah, that CJ clip was funny.

Cleaning the Bowl
    By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports
    February 6, 2007

============

KFFL
    Chargers | Tomlinson, Belichick bury the hatchet
    Wed, 7 Feb 2007 06:07:06 -0800

The Associated Press reports one month after San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson criticized the New England Patriots and head coach Bill Belichick as classless following their celebratory display at the conclusion of the AFC Divisional Playoff game, Tomlinson said he and Belichick have "kind of apologized" to each other. Tomlinson and Belichick will share the same sideline representing the AFC during the 2007 Pro Bowl Saturday, Feb. 10.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I am one of the few that actually likes the Pro Bowl. I think it's a lot of fun, really.

I was watching the AFC practice on NFL Network today and they had Belichick wired for sound. He dropped the F-bomb with no tape delay and I thought Rich Eisen was going to die.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I am one of the few that actually likes the Pro Bowl. I think it's a lot of fun, really.

I was watching the AFC practice on NFL Network today and they had Belichick wired for sound. He dropped the F-bomb with no tape delay and I thought Rich Eisen was going to die.
    Was he dressed like a homeless person in Hawaii?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]PRO BOWL NOTEBOOK[/size]
    February 07, 2007

Author: Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Pro Bowl Notebook

The NFL's two best teams met last weekend and now the league's best players are all in Hawaii preparing for the 2007 Pro Bowl, which will be played on Saturday at 5:00 p.m. CT. The Vikings have four representatives on the NFC squad: offensive linemen Matt Birk and Steve Hutchinson and defensive linemen Kevin Williams and Pat Williams.

Birk is a five-time Pro Bowler and has been a staple on the Vikings offensive line since 2000 when he started his first game at center. The Harvard graduate has started at center for the two highest single-season rushing totals in Vikings history.

Hutchinson was a marquee free-agent signing for the Vikings last offseason and he instantly improved the offensive line. He is one of the most decorated offensive linemen in the league and he is making his fourth-consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl.

Kevin Williams was drafted by the Vikings in 2003 and has been a star in the league ever since, earning his first Pro Bowl appearance following a 2004 season that saw him lead all defensive tackles in sacks.

Pat Williams has been stuffing the run for years in the NFL and he has finally been named to his first Pro Bowl after ten years in the league. This was Williams' second year with the Vikings and he helped the defense rank first against the run and eighth overall in 2006.

Be sure to check back later today as we chat with Matt Birk to see how his Pro Bowl experience is going so far.

Other news from around the NFL...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]BIRK CHECKING IN FROM PRO BOWL[/size]

February 07, 2007

Author: Matt Birk

The Vikings have four representatives at the Pro Bowl, including five-time Pro Bowler Matt Birk. And who better to keep us up to date on all the action than Matt. Every day through Pro Bowl week, Matt will be checking in with vikings.com to give fans back home an idea of what it's like to hang out with NFL All-Stars and their families in Hawaii.

Day 3 at the Pro Bowl

Hello again from Hawaii. As usual, we are done with practice and team activities before noon. While we were practicing, our wives and kids were all together at the Women's Brunch. The NFL does a really nice job of catering to the wives and kids as well as the players, and it really makes the Pro Bowl a nice family event. The season is a grind for our wives and kids too, so the Pro Bowl is a nice vacation for the families to wind down and get together as much as it is a football game.

It's a little cloudy today so I'm not sure if we'll be able to swim much in the pool or the ocean. We may just hang around the hotel room for most of the day, but later this evening we're going to the Dole Pineapple Farm. The kids have been great and they are having a fun time. Along the beach, there is a large stone wall that breaks the waves and keeps some of the marine life away. That allows the kids, and even some of us, to enjoy the water without having to worry about getting swept away.

It's exclusively NFL personnel at our hotel and we are isolated from the city, so there is a lot of interaction with fellow players and their families. Obviously I see Hutch all the time because we play the same position, but I'm also seeing a lot of Kevin (Williams) and Pat (Williams) around the hotel and the field. I'm also enjoying time with guys like Larry Allen and Aaron Kampman. Larry is one of the best offensive linemen of my time and of course we go against Aaron at least two times per year. It's good to see those guys.

Saints Head Coach Sean Payton and his coaching staff are our coaches this week, and it's interesting to get a taste of how they run things in New Orleans. When you get down to it, all the teams run the same basic plays, so the transition at the Pro Bowl is pretty easy. But it is still interesting to hear some of the terminology that other coaches use and to notice some of the nuances and techniques other coaches employ.

I'm off to find my family for now, but I'll be sure to check back in with you tomorrow. Aloha for now...

Day 1 and 2 at the Pro Bowl

Well, we've been in Hawaii for about 24 hours now and it's been an adventure so far. The biggest adjustment is with the time, as Minnesota is four hours ahead of us. I suppose the weather is a major adjustment, too. The weather is always the same here, about 80 degrees. Plus it usually rains about once a day. Something tells me there's no rain back home, and definitely no 80 degree temperatures.

Yesterday was a full day of flying from Minneapolis to Hawaii. It was a long flight, let me tell you, with three young ones. My wife, Adrianna, and I were kind of on pins and needles all day, but they hung in there and we got to Hawaii okay. We had a slight problem with lost luggage but that is taken care of now. The rest of our day was consumed with buying diapers and baby formula and stuff like that.

All of our team activities take place in the morning and we are usually pool-side no later than noon each day. The practices are really not very intense and it's nice to be done so early, especially since most of us have our families here. The goal is to really stay away from a schedule, and the way it is all organized really makes it easy for us to do that.

This morning we had a one hour team meeting and then a one hour practice. After that, we all signed about 1,000 footballs for the league, which will be handed out as souvenirs.

One great thing about the Pro Bowl is that it allows all of us to get to know some players and their families. Hutch (Steve Hutchinson) is someone I met here at the Pro Bowl and we became friends long before he signed with the Vikings. The NFL does a great job of planning events, such as luaus, golf tournaments and other activities. At the same time, there's no feeling of obligation to do any of those.

Pro Bowl party advice from a real expert
    By Jim Baker
    Special to Page 2

I'm going through football withdrawals, I'll probably have to watch this game.
    Addictions can be a pain in the ass.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast