Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Bowl

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pro Bowl

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Sounded like a yawner...except for maybe that Brooks runback.

Wilf and Childress, if you were watching...pay Brooks whatever he wants to come to Minnesota and run our Cover 2 defensive scheme next season...and tell him to bring Dexter Jackson with him!
    Brooks was on before game or towards the start and was asked about his situation in the offseason. He said that he WANTS to be a Buc again next year. We will see how it plays out.
    We Want Brooks!!! We Want Brooks!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

They say hindsight is 20/20! All I know is I'm still scratching my head over the Vikings not drafting "Light's Out" instead of T-Will last year! :cry:

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

im curious as to why michael vick was in the pro bowl? eli manning, bledsoe, mcnabb, brunell, bulger, and even brad johnson had better years than vick i know some of them were injured and so on but vick didn't deserve to be in the pro bowl no way.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    They say hindsight is 20/20! All I know is I'm still scratching my head over the Vikings not drafting "Light's Out" instead of T-Will last year! :cry:
    Heck Ya!

I really thought that Tice was going to stick with his alma matter, Maryland and take this guy last year. I was wondering why we didn't take first and then Twill second in the first round. Then those rumors about Texans wanting him in the draft last year, thats why we took Twill first. Yes in hindsight, Merriman should have been a top ten pick.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    im curious as to why michael vick was in the pro bowl? eli manning, bledsoe, mcnabb, brunell, bulger, and even brad johnson had better years than vick i know some of them were injured and so on but vick didn't deserve to be in the pro bowl no way.
    His jersey is one of the top selling jerseys.

I know it isn't a total popularity contest in the NFL, but it has some to do with it.

I agree, I think he got a free pass this year. He didn't deserve it.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Man, the pro bowl was fun. Did anyone see the streaker in the 2nd half run on the field and get mauled by security?

Ill post pictures of the pro bowl some time later in the week for those interested.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Prophet Guest

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Man, the pro bowl was fun. Did anyone see the streaker in the 2nd half run on the field and get mauled by security?

Ill post pictures of the pro bowl some time later in the week for those interested.
    Sure, I would enjoy seeing a few pictures from the PB. Glad you had a good time at the game.

Prophet Guest

How much did they make?

================

KFFL
    NFL | NFC tops AFC 23-17
    Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:29:18 -0800

The NFC defeated the AFC 23-17 in the Pro Bowl Sunday, Feb. 12. The Associated Press reports the series that went to its present format in 1971 is tied 18-18. NFC players earned $40,000 each while the AFC players collected $20,000. Carolina Panthers head coach John Fox and members of his coaching staff earned $15,000 apiece; AFC head coach Mike Shanahan and his staff from the Denver Broncos received $10,000 each. An announced crowd of 51,190 attended, marking the 27th straight sellout at Aloha Stadium for the Pro Bowl, moved permanently to Hawaii in 1980.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

who was the mvp?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    How much did they make?

================

KFFL
    NFL | NFC tops AFC 23-17
    Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:29:18 -0800

The NFC defeated the AFC 23-17 in the Pro Bowl Sunday, Feb. 12. The Associated Press reports the series that went to its present format in 1971 is tied 18-18. NFC players earned $40,000 each while the AFC players collected $20,000. Carolina Panthers head coach John Fox and members of his coaching staff earned $15,000 apiece; AFC head coach Mike Shanahan and his staff from the Denver Broncos received $10,000 each. An announced crowd of 51,190 attended, marking the 27th straight sellout at Aloha Stadium for the Pro Bowl, moved permanently to Hawaii in 1980.

Now we all know why Shaun Alexander went, even though he was hurt and could not play, he still dressed and stood on the sidelines. He is a greedy dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast