NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Price of Playoff tickets to go down this year

From PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/12/nfl-cutting-prices-of-playoff-tickets/#comment-141262
    NFL CUTTING PRICES OF PLAYOFF TICKETS
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2008, 3:04 p.m. EST

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello has informed us that, in light of the current economic climate, the face value for playoff tickets will be lower this year than they were a season ago.

... For the first time, teams will be authorized to charge less for wild-card games than for the divisional round.
    Typically, tickets for those two rounds have been priced the same.

... Last year, the average cost for a playoff ticket (including wild-card, divisional, and conference championship games) was $121.
    Pretty interesting... the wild card game is cheaper, but it doesn't really matter - when the Vikings, like most teams, require you to buy playoff game packages of two games when you purchase them (unless they make it all the way to general public sales, which is unlikely).

I am expecting that when Vikings playoff tickets go on sale, we will be looking at an average of $110 per ticket per game, and they will be purchased in a package of 2 tickets for two games.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Price of Playoff tickets to go down this year

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    From PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/12/nfl-cutting-prices-of-playoff-tickets/#comment-141262

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello has informed us that, in light of the current economic climate, the face value for playoff tickets will be lower this year than they were a season ago.

... For the first time, teams will be authorized to charge less for wild-card games than for the divisional round.

... Last year, the average cost for a playoff ticket (including wild-card, divisional, and conference championship games) was $121.
    Pretty interesting... the wild card game is cheaper, but it doesn't really matter - when the Vikings, like most teams, require you to buy playoff game packages of two games when you purchase them (unless they make it all the way to general public sales, which is unlikely).

I am expecting that when Vikings playoff tickets go on sale, we will be looking at an average of $110 per ticket per game, and they will be purchased in a package of 2 tickets for two games.
    Question - are you telling me that I don't get to purchase my single seat for 2 games?
    I have to buy 2 seats and won't be sitting in my seat?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From PFT:

Question - are you telling me that I don't get to purchase my single seat for 2 games?

=Z=
    I thought you had a pair of seats.

Hmmm... I don't know how they would handle it for single seat season ticket holders.
    Maybe they will offer you a package of 2 games X the number of seats you have.
    It has been son long since I have had the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets from the Vikings that I can't remember...
    :'(
    I know in 2005 when the playoffs were a (distant) possibility, I bought a playoff package that was two seats for two games - but I also have two season tickets.

We shall find out soon enough.
    I have faith that the Vikings will at a minimum be in contention for the NFC North title come December, so the Vikings will start selling playoff packages.

FYI, if you buy a package and the Vikings do NOT host a playoff game, or only host one, the money for the unused ticket is credited toward your account.
    If the Gods smile on us and the Vikings go to the Super Bowl, the only ticket holders entered in the Vikings lottery are those who purchased playoff tickets too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From PFT:

=Z=
    LOL, you should have paid for 2 seats like me. Look out everyone Zeus might kill someone. I guess it really isn't your seat. Anyways I don't see why they wouldn't let you buy that seat.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From PFT:

LOL, you should have paid for 2 seats like me. Look out everyone Zeus might kill someone. I guess it really isn't your seat. Anyways I don't see why they wouldn't let you buy that seat.
    I'm sure my seat is my seat.
    I'm not at all worried.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From PFT:

I'm not at all worried.

=Z=
    I am sure you will raise some hell if you don't.

The article seems confusing to me. It says the league authorized teams to charge less. Doesn't that mean they wouldn't have to lower prices?

Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From PFT:

I'm not at all worried.

=Z=
    I am sure you will raise some hell if you don't.

The article seems confusing to me. It says the league authorized teams to charge less. Doesn't that mean they wouldn't have to lower prices?
    I think so.
    I believe that the league sets a minimum ticket price, but teams can still charge more.
    But I also assume that there is a little bit of direction from the league.
    If they lower the minimum, but a team still raises ticket prices, there would likely be some discussion...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=