Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Prediction: If Seahwaks win, Packers will get attention

If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, the media will give Holmgren all the credit....then, they will bring up the Packers 1 Super Bowl and spend so much time reminiscing that Hasselback's performance will be shadowed by Brett Favre lovers at Sportscenter....

YOU JUST WATCH!!!!

the media wants the Steelers to win anyways....
    I have found that for every minute of coverage on ESPN that the Seahawks get, the Steelers get five minutes....pretty unequal coverage for a team that is the NFC's 1st seed....too bad the Seahawks name isn't "Eagles" or "Packers", the media seems to favor them in every game regardless of their record....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Prediction: If Seahwaks win, Packers will get attention

IDK about the Packer/Favre thing. They might mention it, hopefully they won't make a big deal about it. Most of the references have been when talking about Matt and his progression.

For every Hawks fan, there are about 10 Steeler fans. That is why they said the line is like that also. Steelers are favored cause there is more mystique there along with more fans that believe in them and willing to bet on them to win.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    IDK about the Packer/Favre thing. They might mention it, hopefully they won't make a big deal about it. Most of the references have been when talking about Matt and his progression.

For every Hawks fan, there are about 10 Steeler fans. That is why they said the line is like that also. Steelers are favored cause there is more mystique there along with more fans that believe in them and willing to bet on them to win.
    I disagree, I believe that this is a media misconception...such as the media believing that:

For every Vikings fan there is ten Packers fans....

Why do I say this, look at the commercials-Guiness (Limburger Cheese Heads), Prilosec OTC (Stupid b-hotch in her Packers stuff), Southwest Airlines (commercial about "see your favorite team in the Super Bowl", the fan was decked out in Packers stuff).....and thats just this year's commercials

The Packers were horrible this year, leading me to believe that these companies are targeting Packers fans under the misconception that there are more Packers fans than any other franchise in the NFL....

I think its a matter of geographic location...since Seattle is not near Bristol, CT or New York City, they don't matter to anyone...or so the media thinks....there may be more Steelers fans, but not a 10 to 1 ratio, maybe 2 to 1 or 3 to 1, but not 10 to 1....go to Seattle and see what ppl are saying....Seattle, much like Minny, gets no respect from the media.

I don't care who has more fans, this team has been awesome this year and they're NOT getting the credit that they deserve!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"audioghost" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I disagree, I believe that this is a media misconception...such as the media believing that:

Why do I say this, look at the commercials-Guiness (Limburger Cheese Heads), Prilosec OTC (Stupid b-hotch in her Packers stuff), Southwest Airlines (commercial about "see your favorite team in the Super Bowl", the fan was decked out in Packers stuff).....and thats just this year's commercials

The Packers were horrible this year, leading me to believe that these companies are targeting Packers fans under the misconception that there are more Packers fans than any other franchise in the NFL....

I think its a matter of geographic location...since Seattle is not near Bristol, CT or New York City, they don't matter to anyone...or so the media thinks....there may be more Steelers fans, but not a 10 to 1 ratio, maybe 2 to 1 or 3 to 1, but not 10 to 1....go to Seattle and see what ppl are saying....Seattle, much like Minny, gets no respect from the media.

I don't care who has more fans, this team has been awesome this year and they're NOT getting the credit that they deserve!!!

I hear ya. The Packers seem to always get attention even when the flat out suck. I am sick of hearing Madden talk about Favre like he is some kind of god. He constantly talks about him, even when he is doing other games, he somehow always brings Favre into the conversation..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Isn't Madden broadcasting the Super Bowl this year since it's on ABC? We should start a Brett Favre count for THAT game.

You know damn well he's going to say "Well Holmgren coached Brett Favre" and "He had a lot to do with the development of Brett Favre just like he did Hasselbeck" and "Hasselbeck reminded me of Favre on that play."

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

As far as the Steelers being favored because of most of the people like them, that is an untruth. Oddsmakers don't give a darn about fan favorites. They are out to make money and they have made them the favorites based on THEIR sound judgement
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

I have no problem spending money on the Seahawks, they're gonna win....people are gonna be surprised....

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I think they will definately mention the Packers because if Holmgren wins he will be the first coach to do so with 2 different teams. Personally I hope the Steelers win, because I like Bettis.

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

"audioghost" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Could it be that the media just thinks that pack fans have more problems?? Prilosec, beer, airlines to get away from it all???? I am still waiting for smoot and trojan man commercial

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"audioghost" wrote:

Packers and the Steelers, are suppose to be the epitomy of the ultimate organization. I think that they think these teams are marketable for that reason. They both have a tradition of winning, a storied history.

Don't take it so personal as a Vikings Fan!

About Seattle, I guess they have something to prove, they need to earn that respect. It just happens. It would be the same for us. Problem with Seattle is that they have one guy that has made a name for himself, and that started mainly this year, Alexander. Not much to hype or for the non-Seahawks fan to relate to. They are the true underdog here. The Steelers struggled in the middle of the year (rottenburger was hurt) and ended up getting in as a wild card in the AFC which has more competition this year and for the last 3-4 years.

Audio, I lived in SF, and I only new 1 Seahawks fan. I knew 8 steeler fans. I may have exaggerated a bit, but I don't think that I was too far off. The seventies got the Steelers a ton of coverage. Heck, who doens't know Lambert, Bradshaw, Franco, Mean Joe, Stallworth... I can hardly name that many players from the Patriots from 3 years ago but I can remember them from 30 years ago. All I am saying is that the Steelers were and are very popular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast