Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    Here are my answers.
    You tell me if they are a yes or a push.
    I think 3 yes's and one push.

    1) Does Jackson develop and begin to show command of the offense and playmaking ability?
    He gets better and better as he gets seat time.
    My opinion is that he will be adequately managing games by the 4th or 5th game.
    Again, my thought here is that he doesn't need to be great this year.
    Just not make huge mistakes.
    The D, the running game and an effective WR corp will help him out.


    2) Is AP the real deal?
    You should have an answer for that by mid-season.
    Agree, however, lest we forget, we have a 1200 yard rusher in the backfield already and he missed a few games.
    AD is just iceing on the cake


    3) Are any of your WRs keepers?
    I think B-Wade is a perfect fit.
    His precise route running and ability to get off the line quickly along with the ability to get yards after the catch will be enough to keep D's honest.
    Through in some play from Carter/T-will/Rice etc and we will be respectable.
    They won't make us forget Moss, Carter and Reed (this year) but respectable enough.


    4) Is the defense still tough against the run and is the pass defense improving?
    I.e. how much of a loss was DC Tomlin?
    I think McCauley, Edwards and Robison are gonna be suprises.
    Heck we are pretty deep at both Safety and Corner.
    If we can get any sort of pass rush from our DE's then we will be a much improved D.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    My prediction in the NFF North which is the same now as 2 months ago:

    Chicago 9-7
    Lions 9-7
    Vikes 8-8
    Green Bay 5-11
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #13
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    Another NFL season is just about underway..
    YAY!

    1) Does Jackson develop and begin to show command of the offense and playmaking ability?
    I think last nights preseason game versus the Rams answered this question.
    I'm not saying he's finally arrived..
    But last night was proof that he at least left.
    Answer to this question is a resounding YES.

    2) Is AP the real deal?
    You should have an answer for that by mid-season.

    Exactly..
    But even if not, the running game for this team is not a question mark.
    Personally, I think AP will be like a more physical Robert Smith.
    When healthy, a Pro Bowl RB.
    Answer to this question is really irrevalent, but I'm saying yes.

    3) Are any of your WRs keepers?

    Good question, define 'keepers'.
    Williamson will have a better year.
    Allison I think will be a suprise.
    Rice will emerge as a solid receiver as a primary red zone threat halfway through the season.
    Wade is your stereotypical WCO slot receiver.
    Lets not forget that AP will also be a receiving threat.
    Of course, all of the above is my opinion.
    My answer, yes, but with a question mark.

    4) Is the defense still tough against the run and is the pass defense improving?
    I.e. how much of a loss was DC Tomlin?

    I don't see how the defense could be any sort of concern.
    Really, if you break it down, the one place where the defense was lacking last year was the pass rush.
    And I really mean the DEs actually burying QBs.
    If that improves, which I think will, the pass defense as a whole will improve.
    Especially with depth in the secondary that the Vikes have.
    Devonte is back, McCauley will be the Vikings Defensive ROY, Tank is healthy (so far), no more Smoot.
    Griffin will be even more developed with a full year of experience under his belt.
    My answer is a strong YES.

    With all these answers, it sounds like I'm giving the Vikings more credit that maybe I should..
    But don't let that fool you.
    It wouldn't suprise me if they won only another 6 games this year.
    I don't expect worse, but I don't expect better than 8 wins either.
    Here's why.
    If I were to look at their schedule, I would be comparing this years Vikings on paper to last years teams that they play this year.
    It's innacurate and unfair to the oppenents.
    Who's to say that the Lions can't win 10 to 12 games this year?
    I mean, besides Kitna and Williams.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  4. #14
    Dragon_Eagle's Avatar
    Dragon_Eagle is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    "Formo" wrote:
    Another NFL season is just about underway..
    YAY!

    1) Does Jackson develop and begin to show command of the offense and playmaking ability?
    I think last nights preseason game versus the Rams answered this question.
    I'm not saying he's finally arrived..
    But last night was proof that he at least left.
    Answer to this question is a resounding YES.

    2) Is AP the real deal?
    You should have an answer for that by mid-season.

    Exactly..
    But even if not, the running game for this team is not a question mark.
    Personally, I think AP will be like a more physical Robert Smith.
    When healthy, a Pro Bowl RB.
    Answer to this question is really irrevalent, but I'm saying yes.

    3) Are any of your WRs keepers?

    Good question, define 'keepers'.
    Williamson will have a better year.
    Allison I think will be a suprise.
    Rice will emerge as a solid receiver as a primary red zone threat halfway through the season.
    Wade is your stereotypical WCO slot receiver.
    Lets not forget that AP will also be a receiving threat.
    Of course, all of the above is my opinion.
    My answer, yes, but with a question mark.

    4) Is the defense still tough against the run and is the pass defense improving?
    I.e. how much of a loss was DC Tomlin?

    I don't see how the defense could be any sort of concern.
    Really, if you break it down, the one place where the defense was lacking last year was the pass rush.
    And I really mean the DEs actually burying QBs.
    If that improves, which I think will, the pass defense as a whole will improve.
    Especially with depth in the secondary that the Vikes have.
    Devonte is back, McCauley will be the Vikings Defensive ROY, Tank is healthy (so far), no more Smoot.
    Griffin will be even more developed with a full year of experience under his belt.
    My answer is a strong YES.

    With all these answers, it sounds like I'm giving the Vikings more credit that maybe I should..
    But don't let that fool you.
    It wouldn't suprise me if they won only another 6 games this year.
    I don't expect worse, but I don't expect better than 8 wins either.
    Here's why.
    If I were to look at their schedule, I would be comparing this years Vikings on paper to last years teams that they play this year.
    It's innacurate and unfair to the oppenents.
    Who's to say that the Lions can't win 10 to 12 games this year?
    I mean, besides Kitna and Williams.
    The answers you guys have now are not answers.
    They are expectations, hopes, dreams, and, in some cases, pure fantasy.
    Wait 'til around week 8, then revisit.

    I didn't see the pre-season game.
    Good to hear Jackson looks like he's off to a good start, but keep in mind both offense and defense in pre-season play plain vanilla crap.
    Without even watching the game, I can assure you Linnehan put no time into trying to figure out how to take advantage of Jackson's inexperience.
    (Only real boneheaded coaches take pre-season seriously, see Spurrier, Steve).
    That will change in the regular season.

    By 'keepers' I mean guys you can rely on to make plays, develop chemistry with Jackson, and know their assignments.
    McMuffin ain't the answer here (though I suspect yous guys know that by now).
    You don't need outstanding WRs if Jackson develops, but you do need guys who know exactly how to run their routes and not drop the ball.
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research." - Albert Einstein

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    who is the guy in your avatar #52

  6. #16
    Dragon_Eagle's Avatar
    Dragon_Eagle is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    who is the guy in your avatar #52
    Jason Short.
    He used to be our special teams beast.
    Kept delivering hits like that.
    I think he's with the Browns now.
    I though you guys would appreciate a solid hit on any random Lions player.


    Forgot to add, about Peterson.... I think everyone will be shocked if he doesn't turn into a solid runner with the ball in his hands.
    But, what you want to watch for are how well he does catching the ball out of the backfield and, almost as important as running, how does he do in blocking and picking up blitz assignments.
    If Chilly is really installing an offense like Andy Reid's, RBs that can't block don't see the field much.
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research." - Albert Einstein

  7. #17
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    These are my predictions


    NFC

    North

    Bears--10-6
    Vikings--8-8
    Packers--8-8
    Lions--4-13

    East

    Eagles--12-4
    Cowboys 11-5
    Giants--6-10
    Redskins--5-11

    South

    Saints 12-4
    Panthers--7-9
    Falcons--5-11
    Bucs--4-12

    West

    Rams--9-7
    Seahawks-- 8-8
    Cardinals--7-9
    49ers--7-9

    AFC

    East

    Patriots--14-2
    Jets--9-7
    Bills--7-9
    Dolphins--5-11

    North

    Ravens--11-5
    Bengals--11-5
    Steelers--8-8
    Browns--2-14

    South

    Colts--13-3
    Titans--7-9
    Jags--6-10
    Texans--6-10

    West

    Chargers--13-3
    Broncos--10-6
    Cheifs--4-12
    Raiders-3-13


    POSTSEASON

    WILDCARD RD
    NFC
    Bears beat Vikings(i hope not but whatever)
    > :'(
    Cowboys beat Rams

    AFC
    Colts beat Broncos
    Bengals beat Ravens

    DIVISIONAL RD

    NFC

    Saints beat Cowboys
    Eagles beat Bears
    ;D

    AFC

    Patriots beat Bengals
    Chargers beat Colts

    CONFERNCE CHAMPS

    NFC

    Saints beat Eagles

    AFC

    Chargers beat Pats

    SUPERBOWL

    Chargers beat Saints

    NFL MVP--LaDanian Tomlinson
    Defensive MVP--Shawne Merriman

    Offensive ROY--Adrian "AD" Peterson
    Defensive ROY--Paul Posluzny



    I HOPE THE VIKES WIN THE SB BUT I HAD TO BE REALISTIC :'( >


    YOU GUYS POST YOUR PREDICTIONS!!
    Just so you know ... you left FOUR WINS on the table ... your records (assuming you have the Lions 4-12) add up to 252-260 for the league! This is not possible since all wins must have a loss
    ;D Lets give those four to the Vikes and make them 12-4 and Division Champs!

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    "Dragon_Eagle" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    Another NFL season is just about underway..
    YAY!

    1) Does Jackson develop and begin to show command of the offense and playmaking ability?
    I think last nights preseason game versus the Rams answered this question.
    I'm not saying he's finally arrived..
    But last night was proof that he at least left.
    Answer to this question is a resounding YES.

    2) Is AP the real deal?
    You should have an answer for that by mid-season.

    Exactly..
    But even if not, the running game for this team is not a question mark.
    Personally, I think AP will be like a more physical Robert Smith.
    When healthy, a Pro Bowl RB.
    Answer to this question is really irrevalent, but I'm saying yes.

    3) Are any of your WRs keepers?

    Good question, define 'keepers'.
    Williamson will have a better year.
    Allison I think will be a suprise.
    Rice will emerge as a solid receiver as a primary red zone threat halfway through the season.
    Wade is your stereotypical WCO slot receiver.
    Lets not forget that AP will also be a receiving threat.
    Of course, all of the above is my opinion.
    My answer, yes, but with a question mark.

    4) Is the defense still tough against the run and is the pass defense improving?
    I.e. how much of a loss was DC Tomlin?

    I don't see how the defense could be any sort of concern.
    Really, if you break it down, the one place where the defense was lacking last year was the pass rush.
    And I really mean the DEs actually burying QBs.
    If that improves, which I think will, the pass defense as a whole will improve.
    Especially with depth in the secondary that the Vikes have.
    Devonte is back, McCauley will be the Vikings Defensive ROY, Tank is healthy (so far), no more Smoot.
    Griffin will be even more developed with a full year of experience under his belt.
    My answer is a strong YES.

    With all these answers, it sounds like I'm giving the Vikings more credit that maybe I should..
    But don't let that fool you.
    It wouldn't suprise me if they won only another 6 games this year.
    I don't expect worse, but I don't expect better than 8 wins either.
    Here's why.
    If I were to look at their schedule, I would be comparing this years Vikings on paper to last years teams that they play this year.
    It's innacurate and unfair to the oppenents.
    Who's to say that the Lions can't win 10 to 12 games this year?
    I mean, besides Kitna and Williams.
    The answers you guys have now are not answers.
    They are expectations, hopes, dreams, and, in some cases, pure fantasy.
    Wait 'til around week 8, then revisit.

    I didn't see the pre-season game.
    Good to hear Jackson looks like he's off to a good start, but keep in mind both offense and defense in pre-season play plain vanilla crap.
    Without even watching the game, I can assure you Linnehan put no time into trying to figure out how to take advantage of Jackson's inexperience.
    (Only real boneheaded coaches take pre-season seriously, see Spurrier, Steve).
    That will change in the regular season.

    By 'keepers' I mean guys you can rely on to make plays, develop chemistry with Jackson, and know their assignments.
    McMuffin ain't the answer here (though I suspect yous guys know that by now).
    You don't need outstanding WRs if Jackson develops, but you do need guys who know exactly how to run their routes and not drop the ball.
    Thanks for your insight.
    I'm just learning this game.

    I am sure my fantasies will all come true.
    I hope to see you around week 8.
    Feel free to stop in sooner if you are available a few weeks earlier to see if my fantasies come true great wish fairy.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    "Dragon_Eagle" wrote:
    As a non-Vikings fan, I must say I am impressed with the efforts to keep the expectations realistic (we Eagles fans are pretty awful with that).
    The original poster with the Vikes in the playoffs, well...
    the homerism is strong in this one.

    Frankly, if you guys make it to 8-8, no playoffs, consider that a very successful season.
    IMO, the focus should be on answers to the following questions:

    1) Does Jackson develop and begin to show command of the offense and playmaking ability?

    2) Is AP the real deal?
    You should have an answer for that by mid-season.

    3) Are any of your WRs keepers?

    4) Is the defense still tough against the run and is the pass defense improving?
    I.e. how much of a loss was DC Tomlin?

    If you can answer "yes" to 3 of those 4 by the end of the season, even if you only win 5, take it as a good sign.
    You'll have a lot more room for optimism next year.
    Like your an Eagles fan,right?
    You what? Won the superbowl so many times you're an expert,not only on the Eagles, but also on all teams?
    Or maybe you hit the lottery today and it gave you a boost of false confidence. So naturally you had to step out and talk down to some inferior teams fans!
    Or maybe your favorite gerbil died this morning.I don't know.
    If your team finishes better than ours this year, you should count your blessings. They aren't that good! OVER RATED.

    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  10. #20
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Predicting the NFL Season....

    "Dragon_Eagle" wrote:
    As a non-Vikings fan, I must say I am impressed with the efforts to keep the expectations realistic (we Eagles fans are pretty awful with that).
    The original poster with the Vikes in the playoffs, well...
    the homerism is strong in this one.

    Frankly, if you guys make it to 8-8, no playoffs, consider that a very successful season.
    IMO, the focus should be on answers to the following questions:

    1) Does Jackson develop and begin to show command of the offense and playmaking ability?

    2) Is AP the real deal?
    You should have an answer for that by mid-season.

    3) Are any of your WRs keepers?

    4) Is the defense still tough against the run and is the pass defense improving?
    I.e. how much of a loss was DC Tomlin?

    If you can answer "yes" to 3 of those 4 by the end of the season, even if you only win 5, take it as a good sign.
    You'll have a lot more room for optimism next year.
    Who was it that made the hit in your avatar? That was SICK!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Predicting the Roster
    By SoDakfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 02:01 AM
  2. Predicting the world in 2025
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 02:02 PM
  3. Predicting the 2008 NFL season
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 07:29 PM
  4. Adrian Peterson predicting 2000 yard season
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
  5. KFAN:Predicting the 53 man roster
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •