gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Pre Free Agency Power Poll

http://football.about.com/cs/news/a/bl_power.htm

The vikings get a ncie rating of 31st. Last only to the Browns!

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Pre Free Agency Power Poll

the usual antics of "We hate MN"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

With the quarterback situation the way it is, this team isn’t likely to climb far in the rankings. A veteran like Jeff Garcia could boost this team back up to the middle of the pack.
    Just goes to show you that not much research went into this poll.
    Yes, we have a question mark at QB, although I personally believe that Childress is going to go with TJ.
    However, we have bigger fish to fry, in terms of WR and OL.

But at least we beat the Browns ;D.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

We don't deserve to be no higher than 25th but 31st is a little too low.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

I really dont know why everyone is all about Garcia. We had an old late 30's quarterback. How did that work out for us last year. I just dont want us to see what he did this year and think Oh my God He could be our Starter. Johnson had a good run in 2005 just to suck in 06'. Dont forget about Garcia's performance when he played for Detroit, and Cleveland.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Look at it this way...we WILL be better than that!
    We KNOW that we have most of the pieces that we need to make the playoffs...now all we need Wilf to do is open up the checkbook and sign some KEY Free Agents to fill the holes on offense!
    Signing Jeff Garcia will NOT hurt us...even IF he can't beat out TJack!
    And if he DOES, it means that TJack really ISN'T ready yet!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I agree with gr8vike in that Garcia isn't the answer to our problem.
    It isn't that he sucks (and for the record, neither did BJ IMHO), but more to the fact that our WRs do not get open or have trouble catching the ball, and the OL doesn't give the QB any tie in the pocket.

It doesn't matter what QB we put there, they will fail if we don't address those positions.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:

It doesn't matter what QB we put there, they will fail if we don't address those positions.
    I agree with you on this also. But if we were to go into free agency and get a QB, I think Damon Huard is a better option. First we would save money on not doing a one year contract. You also have someone who played pretty well last year in a backup role. Plus he is 4 years younger. Neither of which I think are the answer to the ultimate goal of helping TJ get ready. But of the two Huard is the better just because of his age IMO.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    With the quarterback situation the way it is, this team isn’t likely to climb far in the rankings. A veteran like Jeff Garcia could boost this team back up to the middle of the pack.
    Just goes to show you that not much research went into this poll.
    Yes, we have a question mark at QB, although I personally believe that Childress is going to go with TJ.
    However, we have bigger fish to fry, in terms of WR and OL.

But at least we beat the Browns ;D.
    I have no problem with the rankings and their justification for the rankings based on the assumption that TJ is starting.
    The Vikings have a greenhorn TJ, a Bollinger, and possibly a BJ mentor with TJ and Bollinger battling it out for the starting role.
    At this juncture of TJ's career he strikes fear into nobody, nor does Bollinger.

Yes, the right side of the 0-line needs some work and some receivers that can receive would be nice.
    The power rankings are a joke, if I had to place the Vikes somewhere as it stands right now it would be in the bottom-tier of teams.

That doesn't mean I have no faith, it simply means that there are way too many question marks right now.
    They could be fine by midseason next year.
    We shall see, but a lot of it will have to do with how the QB role plays out.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain