NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

PPO's NFL Fine Tracker and Discussions.

PPO's
    NFL Fine Thread,

List here any NFL Fines put against Players, coaches, and hell, might as well add Fans to the mix, wouldn't suprise me at all if the NFL started to fine fans for issues...

One thing I don't understand is, how does the league come up with some of their fine totals to begin with...

Cutler
    (Bears QB)
    Just fined $20,000 for giving a ref a piece of his mind on the NO Call hold on Olsen,
    his TE, during a 4 Th and 4 play in Arizona.

OCHOCinco,
    ( Bengals WR )
    $20,000 for his joke about a one $ bribe offer to a ref, while the ref was about to review a catch/no catch of his...

Now this I don't get at all....Only $7,500 fine on the Bears Tommie Harris, for punching a Cardinal player in the head, while the player was laying face down on the field, at the end of a play.
    Harris was ejected from the game, as he should have been, but how does this call for such a low totaled fine
    ($7,500) when the first two I mentioned are $20,000?

Seems to me, if the first two where good for 20G each, the Harris punch should have been worth about $80,000

Much much more worse of an act than a joke or someone speaking their mind to a ref...

The league needs to rework the way they get to a fine total and for what they are fining about...

I'll probably get a fine in the mail, if the NFL reads about this post....Probably $40 G's worth of fines I just typed.....LOL

NN

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PPO's NFL Fine Tracker and Discussions.

Yah I didn't understand how Harris only got 7500 either

Striking a player gets 7500

While a player holding a dollar bill gets 20?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Some of the numbers don't make any sense. I think ocho's was so high because of some of the stuff he has done in the past. Cutler getting $20k for saying something to the refs seems a little extreme.

Harris only getting $7500 is a bit of a joke. Striking a player is a physical act against another player and in this case that player was defenceless. If he did that on the street, he gets charged with assault.
    We're bringing purple back.

Wow. I can imagine that Ocho got a pretty big fine. I mean, there are enough people who will not go with the Bengals having that call go their way because of a bribe.

Yes, only idiots, mainly, but the NFL doesn't want to have that image around anywhere.

I don't get why Cutler's fine is that high and Harris' fine is that low either, though. Albert Haynesworth kick to the Cowboys' Andre Gurode in the head was a bit worse, but Harris' play reminded me a bit off that. Haynesworth got a 5 game suspension without pay. Harris could've had a 1 game suspension without pay, at least, if you ask me.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    PPO's
    NFL Fine Thread,

List here any NFL Fines put against Players, coaches, and hell, [size=10pt]might as well add Fans to the mix, wouldn't suprise me at all if the NFL started to fine fans for issues...[/size]

One thing I don't understand is, how does the league come up with some of their fine totals to begin with...

Cutler
    (Bears QB)
    Just fined $20,000 for giving a ref a piece of his mind on the NO Call hold on Olsen,
    his TE, during a 4 Th and 4 play in Arizona.

OCHOCinco,
    ( Bengals WR )
    $20,000 for his joke about a one $ bribe offer to a ref, while the ref was about to review a catch/no catch of his...

Now this I don't get at all....Only $7,500 fine on the Bears Tommie Harris, for punching a Cardinal player in the head, while the player was laying face down on the field, at the end of a play.
    Harris was ejected from the game, as he should have been, but how does this call for such a low totaled fine
    ($7,500) when the first two I mentioned are $20,000?

Seems to me, if the first two where good for 20G each, the Harris punch should have been worth about $80,000

Much much more worse of an act than a joke or someone speaking their mind to a ref...

The league needs to rework the way they get to a fine total and for what they are fining about...

I'll probably get a fine in the mail, if the NFL reads about this post....Probably $40 G's worth of fines I just typed.....LOL

NN

I can think of a few instances when fans should've been fined.
    Say maybe loss of seasons tickets, banned from the game, etc etc etc.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg