PPO'er has his head shaved during the Superbowl!

Hello fellow Viking fans....
    I just wanted to take a moment to invite anyone at PPO to check out my Myspace website.

Due to losing a football bet (yes, I bet on the Vikes) I had my head shaved on Superbowl Sunday.
    While the bet probably wasn't in my top ten of intelligent things I have done in my life, I was able to take this silly bet and do some good with it.

My group of drunken friends and I were able to raise more then $1500 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for a friend of ours that is fighting Leukemia.

I want to make it very clear to everyone at PPO that I am not posting this for donations.....but mearly as a feel good story from a fellow PPO'er.
    Don't get me wrong...if anyone feels so inclined...by all means, it would be appriciated....but it truly was not the intention.

Please take a look at
    [size=12pt]www.myspace.com/vikefanman[/size]

I would also love to add any of you to my friends list if you have your own myspace account....

Thanks,
    Ron
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PPO'er has his head shaved during the Superbowl!

That's a good cause, does your head feel cold?

"WVV" wrote:
    That's a good cause, does your head feel cold?
    I must admit....I can certainly feel the difference!
    ;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Thats cool man... I go between a shaved head, and hair alot.. Right now I have hair, but come spring I will most likely shave my head again.. I would like to donate my hair as well, but rarely grow it out enough to make a difference..

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

That's pretty cool of you man.

thats an awesome thing you are doing, vikefanman. its funny how something as simple as a bet can turn into something huge raising more than $1500 for an excellent cause.

(sorry this is off subject but vikesfaninwis's comment about donating hair reminded me of this) when i was 10 i donated my hair. it was down to my ass and i cut off 14 inches, and it was still a few inches longer than shoulder length. ive been thinking about doing it again, becuase it goes to a great cause.

anyways, thanks for doing this vikesfan. were proud of you!
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Thats cool man... I go between a shaved head, and hair alot.. Right now I have hair, but come spring I will most likely shave my head again.. I would like to donate my hair as well, but rarely grow it out enough to make a difference..
    It was cool....I obviously didnt have long enough hair to actually donate it.....but I did get the donations from friends and a couple insurance brokers that our company does business with....
    I have several other commitments that could raise the total to over $2000....which is pretty cool for a silly bet!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Great story, always nice to see people that think beyond their own microworld.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

You may have lost the bet, but you are a winner in my book.

Raising money for a worthwhile cause to help a friend is a win-win situation no matter how you slice it.

BTW, I checked your myspace pics & noticed a pic from Garvin Heights overlooking Winona. When were you there?

I live about 10 miles from there now, but lived just acrossed the lake to the left of that pic a few blocks.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    You may have lost the bet, but you are a winner in my book.

Raising money for a worthwhile cause to help a friend is a win-win situation no matter how you slice it.

BTW, I checked your myspace pics & noticed a pic from Garvin Heights overlooking Winona. When were you there?

I live about 10 miles from there now, but lived just acrossed the lake to the left of that pic a few blocks.
    Very quick history on myself...
    My father grew up in Winona until joining the Air Force in 1962.
    I still have quite a bit of family in Winona.
    As an Air Force BRAT...we moved around quite a bit while I was growing up....
    I never had a chance to become a fan of a regional team....so, like my father, I latched on to the Vikings at a very early age.
    Growing up, it was always cool to be the lone fan of a team amoungst a bunch of homers!

To answer your question....That picture was taken a couple years ago when the Vikes beat up on the Cowboys during the opening game of the season.
    (I think 3 years ago)

The family is planning another trip this coming fall....just gotta wait until the schedule comes out to see who I want to see!
    I try to make it out to Minnesota every 4 or 5 years.
    (Currently living in California)

On the charity thing....yes, it was awesome.
    I have never been bald before......I even had hair at birth.....
    so it was a bit of a shock....but actually...I kind of like how easy it is to deal with in the morning!
    hahahaha
    I may keep it like this for a bit!