Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Pothead reportedly starts process for NFL return

    Running back suspended since last April, played in CFL last season

    Ricky Williams wants to return to the NFL and the running back has started the process to be reinstated into the league, according to an ESPN report.

    Williams, who was suspended for one year last April by the NFL for his fourth violation of the league's substance abuse policy, has submitted paperwork to the office of commissioner Roger Goodell to begin the process, ESPN reported.

    One source told ESPN that the former Heisman Trophy winner is "pretty upbeat and excited" about resuming his NFL career.

    His agent, Leigh Steinberg, also echoed those sentiments in an interview with the Miami Herald.

    "Ricky is in the best shape of his life," Steinberg told the newspaper. "He's passed all of his drug tests and he's at a place where he's ready to come back to the Dolphins."

    Williams played for the CFL's Toronto Argonauts during his suspension. His season was cut short by injuries — a broken left arm and a laceration to his Achilles tendon.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17892112/

  2. #2
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    ricky williams applies for reinstatement.


  3. #3
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: ricky williams applies for reinstatement.

    He is never going to be near as good as he use to be. He use to be just an animal on the field. He has just lost to much weight and strength. I think he should give up on football.

  4. #4
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: ricky williams applies for reinstatement.

    "cc21" wrote:
    He is never going to be near as good as he use to be. He use to be just an animal on the field. He has just lost to much weight and strength. I think he should give up on football.
    No way, he's still better than alot of guys that will be drafted in a couple a weeks,
    the guy has alot left in the tank and he hasn't taken the hits alot of other guys have. I would welcome him as a member of the vikings.

  5. #5
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: ricky williams applies for reinstatement.

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    He is never going to be near as good as he use to be. He use to be just an animal on the field. He has just lost to much weight and strength. I think he should give up on football.
    No way, he's still better than alot of guys that will be drafted in a couple a weeks,
    the guy has alot left in the tank and he hasn't taken the hits alot of other guys have. I would welcome him as a member of the vikings.
    I would take Chester and Mewelde over him any day of the week.

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ricky williams applies for reinstatement.

    Put him and Onterrio in the same backfield and every play would be 4 yeards and a puff of smoke.

  7. #7
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: ricky williams applies for reinstatement.

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Put him and Onterrio in the same backfield and every play would be 4 yeards and a puff of smoke.
    hey 4 yards a carry is 4 yards a carry.. im sure teams wouldnt complain with that

    Thanks josdin00

  8. #8
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ricky williams applies for reinstatement.

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Put him and Onterrio in the same backfield and every play would be 4 yeards and a puff of smoke.
    hey 4 yards a carry is 4 yards a carry.. im sure teams wouldnt complain with that
    True, but in reality it would be 4 yards ahead half the time and a 4 yard loss the other half, so it's a wash.

  9. #9
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: ricky williams applies for reinstatement.

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Put him and Onterrio in the same backfield and every play would be 4 yeards and a puff of smoke.
    hey 4 yards a carry is 4 yards a carry.. im sure teams wouldnt complain with that
    True, but in reality it would be 4 yards ahead half the time and a 4 yard loss the other half, so it's a wash.
    o sorry i thought we were talking madden
    ;D

    Thanks josdin00

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: ricky williams applies for reinstatement.

    A thread was started on this 6 days ago.

    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=329 62.0

    Although, in your defense, it's tough to do a search for a thread that has Ricky Williams in the title when the thread title (Pothead reportedly starts process for NFL return)isn't more specific.

    Kudos to you for a clear & concise thread title.

    BTW, the "Search" option sucks, so use the "Advanced Search". It's located in the lower left of the "Search" box.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Five-step process for a complete NFL preview
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 06:03 AM
  2. Vikings get a jump on learning process
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
  3. the pothead returns................
    By poult in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 04:04 PM
  4. AP-Packers Reportedly Intersted in Moss
    By LosAngelis in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 08:06 PM
  5. Vikings reportedly considering Trotter and Gildon
    By sdvikefan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 05:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •