Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Postgame Super Bowl Reaction..

That was the most poorly officiated game I've seen all season. It was absolutely disgusting to watch the officials give the game to the Steelers. Where to begin, ok, the offensive pass interference call. Well that was obviously weak and the official didn't call it until the Pitt. player jumped onto him. Well, I got over that but not for long. There was the TWO STRAIGHT plays where Pitt's. linebacker, #53 jumped offsides but they didn't call it but they did call holding on the player trying to prevent him from killing Matt with his early jump. Then Pitt. intercepts the ball and on the return they call a hit below the waist on Hasselbeck while he's making the tackle, you must be joking... wow. Then near the end of the game, Roethlisberger tried to call a timeout. At first look it looked fine but then on replay it showed that the play clock was at zero for about 2 seconds before he called timeout but hell, they gave it to Roethlisberger anyways...

Forget that game, I'm sick to my stomach thinking about it and I'm not a Seattle fan nor did I have money on it...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Ah jeez, if the Vikings reaped the benefits of all the call in a SB we would not care.

Who gives a flip. Pitt would've won anyways.

Out of the 2 teams on the field, only 1 played like they wanted to win.

How about this:

Learn how to manage the clock Holmgren!

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Who's MVP?
    The head official...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

The more and more I think about it , the more and more I realize that we need a bad a$$ LB corps for this Cover 2. We need to get the best LB avaiable in the draft at 17 IMO. Unless he can be found in the second.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Ah jeez, if the Vikings reaped the benefits of all the call in a SB we would not care.

How about this:

I DISagree 100%. The touchdown to Jackson was 7 points and then the holding call on the 1 yard line that led to the interception cost Seattle atleast 3 points...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

How about this:

I DISagree 100%. The touchdown to Jackson was 7 points and then the holding call on the 1 yard line that led to the interception cost Seattle atleast 3 points...
    Oh quit whining. Ok, so they would've had the lead then ok. Then the Steelers would not have gone into "run" mode and scored again.

Do you think that Seattle could make a FG too?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

How about this:

Oh quit whining. Ok, so they would've had the lead then ok. Then the Steelers would not have gone into "run" mode and scored again.

Do you think that Seattle could make a FG too?
    Quit whining? I'm pissed off because this game that I've looked foward to all season was decided by a bunch of jackasses in stripes. If Seattle would've gotten that first touchdown the game would've probably been completely different, or maybe if Pitt. hadn't got that BS touchdown where Roethlisberger didn't break the plain...

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    That was the most poorly officiated game I've seen all season. It was absolutely disgusting to watch the officials give the game to the Steelers. Where to begin, ok, the offensive pass interference call. Well that was obviously weak and the official didn't call it until the Pitt. player jumped onto him. Well, I got over that but not for long. There was the TWO STRAIGHT plays where Pitt's. linebacker, #53 jumped offsides but they didn't call it but they did call holding on the player trying to prevent him from killing Matt with his early jump. Then Pitt. intercepts the ball and on the return they call a hit below the waist on Hasselbeck while he's making the tackle, you must be joking... wow. Then near the end of the game, Roethlisberger tried to call a timeout. At first look it looked fine but then on replay it showed that the play clock was at zero for about 2 seconds before he called timeout but hell, they gave it to Roethlisberger anyways...

Forget that game, I'm sick to my stomach thinking about it and I'm not a Seattle fan nor did I have money on it...
    I agree with you that the game was very poorly officiated, and I thought there were quite a few blown calls.

But I don't think that changed the outcome of the game - Seattle made bad mistakes at crucial times. I think Pittsburgh made the plays they needed to make, and Seattle simply blew their oppurtunities.

I think anytime any team starts complaining about the officiating, they need to start looking elsewhere, cuz that is rarely the reason for a loss.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

UKVikingMike is offline Training Camp

I think the officials decisions on the overturned Seattle TD and the (reviewed!!!!!!!) Roeth TD cost us a classic game of football.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I expected a more exciting game. Pretty boring first half.
    Seahawks were sitting on their heads the whole game. Holmgren was outcoached.
    Cowher and the Steelers played to win. Frankly, I'm impressed with the way that Rothlisberger settled down in the 2nd half.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast