Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Postgame Super Bowl Reaction..

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    The officiating was bad yes.. But it's not an easy job..

That pass interference call could go either way.. He did extend his arm..

The holding call that got called that took back Stevens catch.. That could go either way as well.. No one got a good look and the dude did look like he got held until u actually watch the replays..

The Big Ben TD.. Who cares.. They would have got a field goal and still would have won.. There wasn't enough to overturn it.. The ball was VERY close to the goal line.. They don't like to switch thier storys unless it's crystal clear...

Anyone got any other calls?

This is bunk guys.. No one payed off the refs or anything.. Steelers were a better team
    NOT TRUE! Having to settle for a FG would have changed the momentum to the Seahawks!

PLUS if they would have said NO TOUCHDOWN then they wouldn't have been able to reverse that call either...so it really depended on what the first call was...and there was really NO WAY that the ref really saw the play to make the call either way...his delay was WAY TOO LONG to convince me that he really KNEW that his call was correct...so he went with the "SAFE" call...which was very questionable!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Yes imagine the goaline extends from the field to the roof as some sort of barrier, it starts where the white line starts, if the ball even touches the barrier then it is a score.

That being said even that was questionable.
    Thru the magic of DVR, I watched that play frame by frame.

Judging by where he carried the ball, it was iffy if the point of the ball broke the plane at his furthest forward progress, it was that close.

The refs saw it "real time" & said that it was good. There was not enough irrefutible evidence to show that it didn't.

Ergo, the TD could not be reversed.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

I understand that.

The comment still stands.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

rothlensburger played like crap and they still won. i mean, big ben sucked worst than a normal eli manning game. the questionable call i saw was the push off in the endzone by seatle... i mean, that happens on every play, but i guess since it was in the endzone they needed to call it... truth is, is that the reciever didn't even have to do that to get open enough for that ball...the way it was thrown, there was no way the defender could have stopped it. well, hindsite is 20/20... i bet he wishes he wouldn't have pusked off.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The holding call that got called that took back Stevens catch.. That could go either way as well.. No one got a good look and the dude did look like he got held until u actually watch the replays..

The Big Ben TD.. Who cares.. They would have got a field goal and still would have won.. There wasn't enough to overturn it.. The ball was VERY close to the goal line.. They don't like to switch thier storys unless it's crystal clear...

This is bunk guys.. No one payed off the refs or anything.. Steelers were a better team
    NOT TRUE! Having to settle for a FG would have changed the momentum to the Seahawks!

PLUS if they would have said NO TOUCHDOWN then they wouldn't have been able to reverse that call either...so it really depended on what the first call was...and there was really NO WAY that the ref really saw the play to make the call either way...his delay was WAY TOO LONG to convince me that he really KNEW that his call was correct...so he went with the "SAFE" call...which was very questionable!
    Well, you just admitted that there was no conclusive evidence either way on replay, so we have two choices:

1)trust you, watching on TV a couple thousand miles away
    or 2) trust the ref who was 5 feet away

It was a close call, but I'll trust the ref who was right on top of the play.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Actually momentum would still be pretty much how it was before because they actually got on the board..

Either way your just assuming.. Never know.. Im assuming the Steelers would have still won.. And there is no way to tell when ur in the game if he actually broke the plane.. And it was close so they gave him the benifit of the doubt.. I agree with the way it went

Del Rio Guest

Hmm trust a human being who had to use his judgement on a play that took a few seconds to transpire, while focusing on a foot of space buried in a jumbled mess of limbs and mass on the positioning of the tip of a football that is a few inches wide in a split second of a second of a second

Or trust a frame by frame digitally enhanced, precision timed machine to make your decision.

Tough choice.

Take into account the fact that attatched to that human is a brain that is programed to deal with emotion and could possibly be suseptable to gut decisions based off of a lingering memory or emotional attatchment to a specific player or team.

The video is visual evidence. I understand the rules, I understand he cannot overturn the call even though he himself may have thought wow that didnt cross but it was so damn close I have to say it did.

That in itself is the problem. I say can instant replay. It is useless. Let the refs call it or let the plays be overturned. As it stands now you can't review specific CRUCIAL plays because of IR limitations in the rulebook, and you can't overturn if it's too close.

Not to mention the crew of officials are a team and will try to stick up for one another when ever possible, as well they should, unfortunatley for sports.

Just get rid of it and take it off their shoulders.

V4L

Either way Steelers won and played a better game..

Refs might have helped but Seahawks didn't play too spectacular either..

And if the refs were on the Steelers side why did they call 2 straight false starts on them? They could have easily said they didn't move and were drawn off by the D..

Del Rio Guest

Obviously the Steelers won the game.

Both teams played like trash and the refs did too.

I don't know, why didn't they call two obvious holding calls on crucial 3rd downs? #64 tackles a defender who is about to nail Burger, and the defender freaks out because he was held and no call.

Same scenerio a few moments later.

Like I have said I could give a ratz ass. I don't like the Steelers and I don't like the Hawks. What I do like is a good superbowl, a good game, a fair game that was called fairly, and this didn't live up to the hype or my list.

V4L

Reffing is very hard.. The game is going so fast.. It's hard to really call a straight edge game..

Obviously it was a lil lopsided on the Steelers side but who cares? Im not a Steelers or Seahawks fan.. Steelers could have won regardless.. They both played like shizz and the calls were justifyed.. They had reasoning for them.. Otherwise they wouldn't call them..

Don't get put in the position to lose by a call or 2

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast