TATEone is offline Starter

Porter to sign with Dolphins

WPXI-Channel 11 is reporting this morning that former Steelers linebacker Joey Porter will sign today with the Miami Dolphins.

Porter will sign a five-year deal for about $24 million, WPXI reports. He will get a signing bonus of about $12 million.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_496362.html
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Porter to sign with Dolphins

Good for him.
    I'm sure he'll stay out of trouble in Miami, there's nothing to do in that angelic city.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    Good for him.
    I'm sure he'll stay out of trouble in Miami, there's nothing to do in that angelic city.

Lol yea him and his Pittbulls!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I bet Culpepper is happy that there is one less AFC linebacker to worry about sacking him and his bum leg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good signing for the Dolphins!
    I hope they get strong enough to cut the Putzies off at the knees!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 11:21 a.m. EST; UPDATED 11:52 a.m. EST, March 7, 2007

FINS CRITICIZED FOR PAYING PORTER
    pft.com

Though some league insiders are resigned to the fact that the current market for aging linebackers justifies the payment of $20 million in guaranteed money, others are blown away by the decision of the Dolphins to hand that kind of cash to linebacker Joey Porter.

Said one league source:
    "Anyone who watched Porter on tape this year concluded that he was done, as in 'stick a fork in him' done.
    The Dolphins paid way too much."

Frankly, we wonder whether it was a football move, or whether it was a "let's put butts in the seats" maneuver, since the loudly colorful (or colorfully loud) Porter brings a barking dog mindset that the Dolphins haven't had lately.
    For the oft-disinterested South Floridians, Joey's fire could ignite the fan base.

Really, why shed a bunch of veterans in an apparent effort to go young and then replace them by giving too much money to a veteran whose past success might have had more to do with the system in the 'Burgh and less to do with his own personal skills?

Porter is, in our view, a glorified cheerleader who might still have some gas in the tank.
    But not $20 million of it.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    POSTED 11:21 a.m. EST; UPDATED 11:52 a.m. EST, March 7, 2007

FINS CRITICIZED FOR PAYING PORTER
    pft.com

Though some league insiders are resigned to the fact that the current market for aging linebackers justifies the payment of $20 million in guaranteed money, others are blown away by the decision of the Dolphins to hand that kind of cash to linebacker Joey Porter.

Said one league source:
    "Anyone who watched Porter on tape this year concluded that he was done, as in 'stick a fork in him' done.
    The Dolphins paid way too much."

Frankly, we wonder whether it was a football move, or whether it was a "let's put butts in the seats" maneuver, since the loudly colorful (or colorfully loud) Porter brings a barking dog mindset that the Dolphins haven't had lately.
    For the oft-disinterested South Floridians, Joey's fire could ignite the fan base.

Really, why shed a bunch of veterans in an apparent effort to go young and then replace them by giving too much money to a veteran whose past success might have had more to do with the system in the 'Burgh and less to do with his own personal skills?

Porter is, in our view, a glorified cheerleader who might still have some gas in the tank.
    But not $20 million of it.

I disagree...and hope that I am right.
    If anything, I hope that Adalius Thomas is the one that starts to decline!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE