Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Porter on refs: 'I felt they were cheating us'

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    The refs were trying to give the game to Indy.

I am glad the better team won.
    Me too I would have been really upset if Indy had won th egame after some of those calls. It was ridculous. I am very happy the Steelers won, especially because I love Jerome Bettis. He deserves to go to the Superbowl

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    lol, I posted this at the same time. Porter is an idiot, no doubt about that.
    I love Porter he talks and backs it up. Hey played a great game and refs called a poor game. I think he should be able to speak his mind. It's kinda funny to me a guy spends 60mintues getting beating around and can't say a couple of words in the heat of passion without a fine.

I would love to SLAP around a person for an hour and then fine them for saying it hurts. :beer5:

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Here's a link. I guess this came out several hours ago? :???:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15942931&BRD=1282&PAG=461&dept_id= 182120&rfi=6
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    A local Cincinnati radio station was saying last night that the "brass" in the NFL wanted the Colts to win and did everything in their power to make it happen. Can you imagine? He rambled for a half-hour on why the NFL is rotten to the core and has their favorites who they always want to win. He cited examples of how Cincinnati never gets any exposure on Monday Night Football.
    I agree the Vikings get the shaft ALWAYS against the Favre. the reason Cincinnati was not on MNF is because they sucked! They will be on MNF next year along with the rest of the playoff teams!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"jimmymac" wrote:
    Here's a link. I guess this can out several hours ago? :???:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15942931&BRD=1282&PAG=461&dept_id= 182120&rfi=6
    I'm glad he won't be fined

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

"jimmymac" wrote:
    Here's a link. I guess this can out several hours ago? :???:

Good job NFL not fining a guy for saying what was correct.

Prophet Guest

Ref in controversy has house vandalized
    / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 2 hours ago
    Link

NFL referee Pete Morelli is having a rough week.

On Sunday, Morelli made one of the more controversial calls in NFL history, overturning what appeared to be an interception by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu. On Monday, his Stockton, Calif. home was vandalized, according to police reports.

Lieutenant Thomas Wells of the Stockton Police Department told FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer that a police report was filed after a rock was thrown through Morelli's living room window late Monday night after Morelli and his wife had gone to bed. Lt. Wells emphasized that police had no suspect and no motive in the case and could not say with any degree of certainty whether the act of vandalism was related to Sunday's call.

"We are aware of the situation and we're cooperating with police in any way we can," said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

On Monday, the NFL admitted that Morelli had erred when he used instant replay to overturn the interception. Mike Pereira, the league's VP of officiating, said in a statement that the call on the field should have stood.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

Fortunately for Morelli — and the Steelers — while the botched call allowed the Colts to eventually pull within a field goal, it ultimately did not play any role in the outcome of the game, which Pittsburgh won, 21-18.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345