Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL admits the wrong call was made on T. Polamaulu INT

He!! yeah what kind of call was that, i watched that whole game the reffing was garbage. Especally for a playoff game, they couldn't do better?

Troy is a beast i wish we had a safety like him. He's all over the field tackling, breaking up passes, guys something else. One of best safties in the league and he's still so young.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have upheld the call, made with 5:26 left in Pittsburgh's win over the Colts.

After the reversal, the Colts went on to score a touchdown and a 2-point conversion, cutting the Steelers' 21-10 lead to 21-18. That led to a wild final few minutes and Pittsburgh clinched its win only when the Colts' Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field-goal attempt.
    I see the admission of guilt in print, and all I can see in my mind is Pereira with some crazed Steeler fan pointing a gun at his head.

I don't believe it, admission of guilt by the NFL refs, holy shit.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have upheld the call, made with 5:26 left in Pittsburgh's win over the Colts.

After the reversal, the Colts went on to score a touchdown and a 2-point conversion, cutting the Steelers' 21-10 lead to 21-18. That led to a wild final few minutes and Pittsburgh clinched its win only when the Colts' Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field-goal attempt.
    I see the admission of guilt in print, and all I can see in my mind is Pereira with some crazed Steeler fan pointing a gun at his head.

I don't believe it, admission of guilt by the NFL refs, holy pooh.
    I'm pretty sure we got one a few years back against the Packers and I think they did the same thing for a pass interference call against Moss versus the Steelers a while ago too. I'm not 100% sure...but I think so.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Porter on refs: 'I felt they were cheating us'

all the games this weekend were not done very well from what i saw.

with the steelers interception that was, they just overturned it to make it a bit of game. the colts had no reason to be in that game.
    We're bringing purple back.

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    Not saying I agree with Porter...but refs do seem to give Colts alot of break.
    Very True...couldnt have said it any better! :!:

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

wow, that was a bold statement! I thought that myself too, but to see him quoted saying it to the nation...yikes.
    ;-)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

I don't believe it, admission of guilt by the NFL refs, holy pooh.
    I'm pretty sure we got one a few years back against the Packers and I think they did the same thing for a pass interference call against Moss versus the Steelers a while ago too. I'm not 100% sure...but I think so.
    Actually there were several. It was in that game against GB a few years back when they took the fumble recovery away from us & gave it to GB.

As I recall there were 7 or 9 plays in that game alone that the league ruled where wrong calls. Everyone of them would have been in our favor.

In the case of the Indy-Steelers game, I'll bet they wouldn't have admitted it was an improper call so soon, had Indy won the game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I did not see the game. But I agree the NFL LOVES them some Peyton Manning. They LOVE Manning more then Tom Brady.

I like Porter he speaks his mind and I respect that. I hate the typical player talk. Both teams played hard blah blah blah. I have a lot of respect for those guys blah blah blah.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

coreyd is offline Coach

"Vikes" wrote:
    I did not see the game. But I agree the NFL LOVES them some Peyton Manning. They LOVE Manning more then Tom Brady.

I like Porter he speaks his mind and I respect that. I hate the typical player talk. Both teams played hard blah blah blah. I have a lot of respect for those guys blah blah blah.
    Word up on that post. Say what you feel. You all know that each and every one of us go to work and have that one person that we want to say something to and never do. I for one, say what I feel. If you dont like it, oh well. Especially if someone asks a question. If you dont want an honest answer, then dont ask the question. I am good about not being a beligerent prick, but I am good at getting my point across.

Just think of that one thing that use to drive you nuts at work that you hated. Thanks to a Jerry Porter, someone stood up and said something and it got changed.

Freedom of speech is a right and a lot of people are afraid to use it. Like I said, dont go around acting like a jack a$$ all day, but at the same time dont criticize those who stand up for what they believe in.

In that note, you are missed by many Dr. King.

Prophet Guest

page2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast