Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Porter on refs: 'I felt they were cheating us'

Porter will be fined, but I agree with every word he said. The non-interception call in the game yesterday was the worst of many bad calls in that game and the Denver-Patriots game the day before.

The Vikings aren't the only team that gets calls against them. I'm glad that Joey Porter has the balls to voice his opinion.

[hr]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2294214&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is not known to shy away from a microphone, and that might make him a little lighter in the wallet after his comments after Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

“ When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' ”
    — Joey Porter, in The New York Times, after Troy Polamalu's interception was reversed.

When Troy Polamalu's fourth-quarter interception was overturned by referee Pete Morelli, Porter felt the Steelers were facing opponents on two fronts: the Colts and the refs.

"I know they wanted Indy to win this game," Porter told The New York Times. "The whole world loves Peyton Manning, but come on man, don't take the game away from us.

"I felt they were cheating us. When the interception happened, everybody in the world knew that was an interception. Don't cheat us that bad. When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' "

Porter

Porter said he was relieved in more ways than one when Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field goal try with 21 seconds left that would have tied the score.

"The way the refs were going, I wouldn't have trusted them in overtime," Porter told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. "If we hadn't won, they would have cheated us in overtime."
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

Re: Porter on refs: 'I felt they were cheating us'

It was a poorly officiated game. Especially from the Steelers point of view.

Prophet Guest

lol, I posted this at the same time. Porter is an idiot, no doubt about that.

"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:
    It was a poorly officiated game. Especially from the Steelers point of view.
    Yeah, they should all be fired!! :lol: :lol:

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Not saying I agree with Porter...but refs do seem to give Colts alot of break.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

That int reversal was horrible, but the crappiest call was the no penalty call, when they stopped the play because indy jumped off sides(do to a steeler O-line clearly false starting). Now I don't care who they flagged on the play, but you can't stop the play and then decide not to call a penalty. There had to be a flag on someone, or else they shouldn't have stopped the play and Pitt should have been able to snap the ball and get a free play.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Porter is a jerk but I couldn't agree with him more.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    That int reversal was horrible, but the crappiest call was the no penalty call, when they stopped the play because indy jumped off sides(do to a steeler O-line clearly false starting). Now I don't care who they flagged on the play, but you can't stop the play and then decide not to call a penalty. There had to be a flag on someone, or else they shouldn't have stopped the play and Pitt should have been able to snap the ball and get a free play.
    Yeah that was one of the worst calls I can remember. I'm suprised Cowher didn't hit one of the refs in the face.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The officials sucked both ways, and they've sucked all playoffs too. I think a majority of the calls went Indy's way, but they made some questionable ones in favor of the Steelers too. Case in point: I didn't think Roethlisberger got that 1st down on that quarterback sneak, I thought he got a VERY good spot.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Well that interception overturned call was probably the worst call I have ever seen in my life. How was that not an interception?! It was a catch and a fumble. I was so pissed when they overturned that, even the announcers on tv were like that was a bad reversal.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast