Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    I just got this in an email from KFFL:

    Titans | V. Young's mother says he doesn't want to play football
    Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:48:20 -0700

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Associated Press reports Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young's mother, Felicia Young, said her son has indicated he is "hurting inside and out" and doesn't want to play football. "What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?" F. Young said. "He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first." V. Young did not go to the team's offices Monday, Sept. 8, and postponed his MRI until Tuesday, Sept. 9. He also met with a psychologist at his home along with head coach Jeff Fisher and another team official. The questions about his mental state stem from his being booed after throwing a second interception Sunday, Sept. 7. He only returned to the game after pushed by Fisher.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Buffalo, MN
    Posts
    982

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    Young is B/S crazy.

    But I'd get out of the game too if I no longer had a passion for playing football.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

  3. #13
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    I feel bad for him

    He just goes out and trys his best

    Hopefully he can overcome and have a good career

  4. #14
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    I don't feel the least bit sorry for him!

    How many other athletes and coaches endure years of booing, death threats, and other ridicule and still suit up for games?

    He is playing in the NFL and getting paid millions, MILLIONS of dollars to play a game for a few months out of the year.

    If he can't stand a little booing after he makes a mistake, you have to question his mental state.

    Like I said, every player is booed at one time or another. They just suck it up and realize it is part of their "job" rather than drive around town and cause a ruckus!

  5. #15
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    And oh yeah, if he REALLY wants a reason to go nuts, he should change his name to Tarvaris Jackson and browse PPO on a regular basis.


  6. #16
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    "baumy300" wrote:
    I don't feel the least bit sorry for him!

    How many other athletes and coaches endure years of booing, death threats, and other ridicule and still suit up for games?

    He is playing in the NFL and getting paid millions, MILLIONS of dollars to play a game for a few months out of the year.

    If he can't stand a little booing after he makes a mistake, you have to question his mental state.

    Like I said, every player is booed at one time or another. They just suck it up and realize it is part of their "job" rather than drive around town and cause a ruckus!

    Happens alot I agree

    Doesn't mean I shouldn't feel bad

    He's a really nice guy and trys very hard


  7. #17
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    "baumy300" wrote:
    And oh yeah, if he REALLY wants a reason to go nuts, he should change his name to Tarvaris Jackson and browse PPO on a regular basis.


    Or just read the Titans boards

  8. #18
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    and now, also from KFFL:

    Titans | V. Young's MRI reveals sprained MCL
    Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:23:46 -0700

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updating a previous report, John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young (knee) suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee Sunday, Sept. 7. The team is not giving him a timetable to return, but quarterbacks can return in two to four weeks. Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson returned from a MCL tear in two weeks earlier this year.

  9. #19
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    "josdin00" wrote:
    and now, also from KFFL:

    Titans | V. Young's MRI reveals sprained MCL
    Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:23:46 -0700

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updating a previous report, John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young (knee) suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee Sunday, Sept. 7. The team is not giving him a timetable to return, but quarterbacks can return in two to four weeks. Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson returned from a MCL tear in two weeks earlier this year.
    Since when did they say TJack had a tear?
    I thought he just banged it up, but didn't tear anything?

  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

    "baumy300" wrote:
    And oh yeah, if he REALLY wants a reason to go nuts, he should change his name to Tarvaris Jackson and browse PPO on a regular basis.

    have you heard what his fans are saying?

    Jackson had better thank his lucky starts he landed in "Minnesota Nice" and not in Philly, NY, Dallas or some of the other markets where he would have been BB.Q'ed already.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Minnesota Vikings: Most Feared in the NFC?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 02:10 PM
  2. 300 Naked Women Feared Lost in Crash
    By BirdHunter in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 08:56 PM
  3. Proof: Young's wonderlic score is meaningless.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 07:01 PM
  4. Young's motion throws a curve to draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 08:22 PM
  5. safety
    By rkuriger04 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 09:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •