Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909010/1002/SPORTS

[size=12pt]Police: Titans feared for Young's safety[/size]
    By JIM WYATT • Staff Writer • September 9, 2008

Metro Police issued a bulletin for officers to be on the lookout for Titans quarterback Vince Young on Monday night after Coach Jeff Fisher expressed concern about his emotional well being.

According to Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron, Fisher had been alerted after a friend of Young’s contacted the coach around 7 p.m. Monday night. Young eventually made contact with Fisher, and the two met around midnight with Metro police officials at Baptist Sports Park.

“Given the totality of the situation, Coach Fisher was concerned about Young’s emotional well-being. He contacted the police department and expressed to us his concern,’’ Aaron said.

“Once he came to Baptist Sports Park and was assessed, it appeared the concerns from earlier in the night were unfounded.’’

According to police, Young left his home abruptly Monday night and sped off without his cell phone. A person at Young’s home contacted Fisher, who then contacted police.

After Young eventually made contact with Fisher several hours later, he was told he needed to meet with police.

Young had a handgun in the glove compartment of his vehicle, but it was not loaded and Aaron said officers had no concerns about Young trying to harm himself.
    Yowza.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety

Weird and uncomfortable....

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

That is scary.
    I hope he gets it straight.

I was listening to the Sirius guys and they said that he tried to get the staff to pull him before he was hurt.
    Then after he got hurt the staff thought he was faking it.

I guess this just hammers home what pressure (no matter were it is originated) can do to a person.

On a side note, I know I have been down on our QB today.
    I am glad he doesn't seem to be bothered by issues such as this.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

T-Jack may be a mediocre QB (I think he'll prove to be better), but he has a good head on his shoulders.

Doesn't seem like Young is handling the pressure too well... this is unfortunate and sad.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Titans asked for police help to find QB Young

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D933AKBO0&show_article=1

Vince Young is awaiting an MRI exam on his sprained left knee Tuesday, hours after the Tennessee Titans sought police help in finding the quarterback the team described as "emotionally down."

Young left his home around 7 p.m. Monday without a phone, prompting the Titans to call Nashville police for help. The team got a message to Young through a friend, and the quarterback met with coach Jeff Fisher and police at team headquarters around 11:30 p.m. Police spokesman Don Aaron said Young drove himself home about 30 minutes later...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

He just went to his friends house to watch some of the games. Big deal. Titans won the game without him so I am amazed the concern was so high
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    He just went to his friends house to watch some of the games. Big deal. Titans won the game without him so I am amazed the concern was so high
    Well - remember when he teased retirement after last season?
    And then, apparently, he tried to pull himself from the game on Sunday right before he got injured.

I'm no psychiatrist, but he sounds like he might have something going on in his head....

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Wow. I hope that Vince will be ok. I hate that he is under so much pressure, same goes for T-Jack and other QBs that had great succes in college and are having a rough go at the pro level.
    They need to just relax and be themselves out there on the field.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"gregair13" wrote:
    Even the slightest indication of suicide must always be taken in a high regard.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Well - remember when he teased retirement after last season?
    And then, apparently, he tried to pull himself from the game on Sunday right before he got injured.

I'm no psychiatrist, but he sounds like he might have something going on in his head....

=Z=
    Oh yeah. I forgot about the threat of retirement thing.
    Every player in the league goes through the same things. Some of them hate their jobs, but they get paid a lot of money so they play for as long as they can, or as long as their body will let them, and then retire and never think twice of it.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast