cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Players unsure about Tomlin

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Players unsure about Tomlin

Some of those same guys were pissed off when Roethlisberger became their starter too. Show what they know.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 8:29 p.m. EST, February 11, 2007
    STEELERS FEARING PLAYER BACKLASH
    pft.com

In the wake of recent quotes from Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca, who said that he wanted Russ Grimm to be the next coach of the team, a league source tells us that the Steelers front office is bracing itself for a backlash from veteran members of the team, who believed that either Grimm or Ken Whisenhunt should have gotten the job.

The concern, as we're told, is that some in the organization fear that the veteran players will not immediately respect new head coach Mike Tomlin, a 34-year-old with only one year as a defensive coordinator.

We're not shocked by this news, and the practical result is that the challenge will be for Tomlin to win their respect.

And we think he will.

The resistance is natural, in our view.
    Grimm and Whisenhunt were key components on a coaching staff that led the team to a Super Bowl victory just a year ago.
    The notion that neither of them was the best choice to replace former head coach Bill Cowher fairly could be interpreted as a no-confidence vote as to the players, too.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I think that Whisenhunt, or Grimm should have gotten the job as well.. They were both with the team for several years prior to Cowher leaving.. They won a SB with Pittsburgh, then the Rooney's go out and hire Mike Tomlin..

Of course this is coming from a Viking fan that just lost his DC that made a big difference in only one season with the team. I really hope the Steelers team accepts Tomlin, and what he can potentially do for that team.. I wish him nothing but the best..

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

KFFL
    Steelers | Tomlin understands Faneca comments
    Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:42:59 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is not worried about comments made by OG Alan Faneca, who wanted the team to hire former offensive line coach Russ Grimm instead of Tomlin as head coach Bill Cowher's replacement. "Transition's never easy, particularly at a place like this that has had great stability," Tomlin said. "Some organizations get quite used to change; this is not one of them, thankfully. So you don't expect it to be easy or comfortable for everyone, but not concerned about that at all."

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain