Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PFT's "Turd Watch"

Vikings finish third in the NFL according to the final '07 standings in the Turd Watch.
    Only the Dolphins and Jaguars had more points.
    That's pretty pathetic.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings finish third in the NFL according to the final '07 standings in the Turd Watch.
    That's pretty pathetic.
    That is crap. Dwight's charges were dropped, they need to take 3 points off of the vikings. Fred Evans, who the hell is he? He is really bringing down the team. I thought it was interesting that the most villanous team in the NFL,the patriots,
    have a score of 0.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    That's pretty pathetic.
    That ought to make Zygi happy.
    Not sure how the Cowboys could ever make it through a year unscathed in the turd points.
    If you pick up a turd don't you need to take the points with you?
    Dumping a turd should bring some relief as well.. I know it does with me.

Very good contest though in principle, just needs a little polishing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That's pretty pathetic.
    That ought to make Zygi happy.
    Not sure how the Cowboys could ever make it through a year unscathed in the turd points.
    If you pick up a turd don't you need to take the points with you?
    Dumping a turd should bring some relief as well.. I know it does with me.

Very good contest though in principle, just needs a little polishing.
    Everyone knows you can't polish a turd.
    LOL!

We added a TURD and kept a TURD.
    Can't polish either.
    We can only use them as fertilizer which is selling at all time prices.
    We probably made a good investment.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That's pretty pathetic.
    That is crap. Dwight's charges were dropped, they need to take 3 points off of the vikings. Fred Evans, who the hell is he? He is really bringing down the team. I thought it was interesting that the most villanous team in the NFL,the patriots,
    have a score of 0.
    Wasn't Evans playing for the Dolphins when this took place???
    Or did he get into further trouble after this?

In the early morning of 2007-06-23 Evans was arrested in Miami Beach.[2] According to the police report, Evans was in a dispute with a taxi driver, and refused to leave the cab at the request of the officers called to the scene. Evans reportedly engaged in a physical struggle with the officers when they tried to handcuff him, with one officer being bitten on his left wrist.[2] The officers then used tasers to subdue Evans. He was charged with battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and trespassing.[2] Complicating matters could be the fact that Evans is already on probation in Colorado County, Texas, for possession of marijuana[3].

In a team-released statement, Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron said: "We are aware that Fred Evans was arrested this morning. We will not condone this type of behavior. I assure everyone it will be dealt with seriously"[4]. Cameron made good on his word a few days later, as Evans was waived by the team on June 28[5].

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That's pretty pathetic.
    have a score of 0.

In the early morning of 2007-06-23 Evans was arrested in Miami Beach.[2] According to the police report, Evans was in a dispute with a taxi driver, and refused to leave the cab at the request of the officers called to the scene. Evans reportedly engaged in a physical struggle with the officers when they tried to handcuff him, with one officer being bitten on his left wrist.[2] The officers then used tasers to subdue Evans. He was charged with battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and trespassing.[2] Complicating matters could be the fact that Evans is already on probation in Colorado County, Texas, for possession of marijuana[3].

In a team-released statement, Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron said: "We are aware that Fred Evans was arrested this morning. We will not condone this type of behavior. I assure everyone it will be dealt with seriously"[4]. Cameron made good on his word a few days later, as Evans was waived by the team on June 28[5].
    I am assuming that the vikings picked him up after he was waived by the dolphins, which in a sense is worse than having someone on your team break the law. You can't control what a guy does while on the team but you can avoid bringing in guys with history of criminal behavior

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

I think Fred Evans was a viking like 4 years ago ??? am I thinking of the wrong guy or is there somethign screwed up here ???

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    I think Fred Evans was a viking like 4 years ago ??? am I thinking of the wrong guy or is there somethign screwed up here ???
    We acquired him this season.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=36612.0

Maybe you are thinking about Fred Robbins?
    That was a while ago though.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2186

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That's pretty pathetic.
    have a score of 0.

I am assuming that the vikings picked him up after he was waived by the dolphins, which in a sense is worse than having someone on your team break the law. You can't control what a guy does while on the team but you can avoid bringing in guys with history of criminal behavior
    Still, why do the Vikings get charged with Turd points when the offense happened while on the Dolphins roster.

I agree though that it is almost worse to pick up a guy like this than to have it happen while he is already on the team.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

Quote from: tgorsegner on Today at 02:52:47 pm
    I think Fred Evans was a viking like 4 years ago Huh am I thinking of the wrong guy or is there somethign screwed up here Huh

We acquired him this season.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=36612.0

Maybe you are thinking about Fred Robbins?
    That was a while ago though.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2186
    Yeah, I think that is exactly what i did.
    :-[

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456